What would it take to get the spark back?

mrmojorisin75

;D

HOHO. Nice try. Despite you saying you know the club, and despite me telling you this previously, the amount of money the club asked when the share issue failed to raise 2.5m quid was in fact £100, not £500 as you said, is relevant. It is relevant because it shows you haven't a clue what you are talking about. 

You must be getting old  :lol: :lol: :lol: or have a poor memory, or both.

The club with the "loyal supporters" ended up in such apathy, the actual amount raised was 1.25m, and that included local businesses. But you will carry on telling people that the current board are "just the same".

You couldn't make it up, although KK bandwagon jumpers do it all the time.  :lol: :lol:

Nice Santa Clause impression above. bluelaugh.gif

Getting old, poor memory or just more interesting things to remember.  If it was more important then I would have remembered, if it had happened and the money came out of my bank account then I would have remembered, it didn't happen so it was no more than a pledge and the money was spent elsewhere.

I think your general cluelessness shines through all the time. Nice of you to admit that you didn't apply to buy shares either, like most KK bandwagon jumpers at that time.

To refresh your memory  ;D the cheques were returned with letters asking if the club could keep the money as a "donation".

So, along with myself, I think anyone who applied, would certainly remember that.

Them crazy people and their "plans" eh. What a stupid idea that is.

indeed. All those clubs with better plans than us that aren't playing in europe this week.

:lol:

That was a good post HTT, although i fully expect the Brothers Dimm to pull it apart with their "facts", real fan bull and childish smilies.

:coolsmiley:

but you've nothing to add, as usual  :lol:

indeed. All those clubs with better plans than us that aren't playing in europe this week.

Luckily we have Sepherd in charge. Shepherd announced in 2004 that he was doign a top to bottom review of the club. He was going to produce a 5-year plan after doing this top to bottom review.

The first thing to come from the top to bottom review was to start just down from the top and get rid of the then failing manager, Robson.

We are now 3 years into that plan of Freddie's. Two years away from the end of it, two years away from where he looked for us to be.

I guess he'll soon do another "top to bottom" review and it will allow him to change the top end again, and appoint another manager.

Of course the other option may be to appoint a CEO who had half a brain and increase the knowledge on the board out of sight. That it has taken the chairman of our club 9 years to decide to put someone on the board who can count seems amazing to me.

In a year's time I can just see Freddie firing the new guy and blaming the totally unacceptable financial results on him.

"I believed I was appointing someone who understood the financial side of the business. We are now having to announce an annual loss of £13m while under Mr Walton's stewardship. This is a completley unsatisfactory way to run a club like ours. I would like to thank Mr Walton for his services to the club, I accept his very principled  resignation and wish him well in the future. I believe the current board has all the skills required to run the club way the Geordie public demand, as is shown by our signing yesterday of theurrent England centre-forward Peter Crouch"

NE5 will blame Walton for the mess, and applaud Shepherd for backing his manager  ;)

Lickily we have Sepherd in charge. Shepherd announced in 2004 that he was doign a top to bottom review of the club. He was going to produce a 5-year plan after doing this top to bottom review.

The first thing to come from the top to bottom review was to start just down from the top and get rid of the then failing manager, Robson.

We are now 3 years into that plan of Freddie's. Two years away from the end of it, two years away from where he looked for us to be.

I guess he'll soon do another "top to bottom" review and it will allow him to change the top end again, and appoint another manager.

but how can that be ? According to Baggio, thickmick, toonstaylor and the KK bandwagon jumpers, we are the only club in the world with no "plan" and all those that have a "plan" do better than we do  :lol: :lol:

I think your general cluelessness shines through all the time. Nice of you to admit that you didn't apply to buy shares either, like most KK bandwagon jumpers at that time.

To refresh your memory  ;D the cheques were returned with letters asking if the club could keep the money as a "donation".

So, along with myself, I think anyone who applied, would certainly remember that.

Why would anybody remember something that didn't happen?  I remember things that others don't remember, it doesn't automatically mean I'm any better than them. :idiot2:

I bet you're now going to tell us that you still have the letter that was in with the returned cheque. :D

Why would anybody remember something that didn't happen?  I remember things that others don't remember, it doesn't automatically mean I'm any better than them. :idiot2:

I bet you're now going to tell us that you still have the letter that was in with the returned cheque. :D

Well, maybe, because you also remember the old board running a club that qualified regularly for europe, bought quality England players, and filled the ground. You must do, as you think they are "the same as the current board"  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest Knightrider

Do you knaa what... if everyone left their personal issues at the door, and stopped point scoring, we could have a canny debate here about the actual topic title, and indeed the board and where we are heading. Or maybe not.

Well, maybe, because you also remember the old board running a club that qualified regularly for europe, bought quality England players, and filled the ground. You must do, as you think they are "the same as the current board"  :lol: :lol: :lol:

:idiot2:

And once again you post something that doesn't even come close to resembling the truth, well done Leazes, it is OK to call you that isn't it?

By the way, they were the last to win a cup in Europe, something your idol has failed to do for 10 years even though he has had the best tools at his disposal.

For how mnany years will you let Shepherd off with everything and blame it on Souness? Will there be some point when Souness is out of the equation ? Is the reason we ar ein the Uefa quarter final Souness's fault, or Roeders, or Shepherds. If we win the Uefa Cup will it be because Souness  set the wheels in motion ?

How long do you give Shepherd the excuse that it was Souness that spent the money, despite it being the Sheperhd signature on the cheques?

Shepherd, and his sycophants blaming Souness for the financial mess, is like Souness blaming Boumsong for the defence being crap.

Do you knaa what... if everyone left their personal issues at the door, and stopped point scoring, we could have a canny debate here about the actual topic title, and indeed the board and where we are heading. Or maybe not.

Agreed, it's almost as if saying anything against Shepherd is personal to him.  Like it or not but discussing the board is as important as talking about players, they're all links in the chain that is the football club.

I tried. Really I did. Really. I did make the msitake of suggesting that the option of spending cash wasn't available, and for that I sincerely apologise 

The club made one attempt at suggesting I took the site down

Really?

Yes. "It would be better for you if you removed the site ...... a number of inaccuracies ..... you will be laughed out of existence". I replied with a "tell me what the inaccuracies are ..." comment and never heard anything back.

I don't think it's possible to have this debate without mentioning the board, if NE5 can't accept any criticism going their way then perhaps he should avoid this thread.

I'm up for it though.

Yes. "It would be better for you if you removed the site ...... a number of inaccuracies ..... you will be laughed out of existence". I replied with a "tell me what the inaccuracies are ..." comment and never heard anything back.

Was it directly from the club or its solicitors?

aye, thats right. I've made a post on the previous page with points, replying to you, that nobody else has commented on yet, in fact they have been clipped by the usual people who clip points that they can't comment on instead.

For how mnany years will you let Shepherd off with everything and blame it on Souness? Will there be some point when Souness is out of the equation ? Is the reason we ar ein the Uefa quarter final Souness's fault, or Roeders, or Shepherds. If we win the Uefa Cup will it be because Souness  set the wheels in motion ?

How long do you give Shepherd the excuse that it was Souness that spent the money, despite it being the Sheperhd signature on the cheques?

Shepherd, and his sycophants blaming Souness for the financial mess, is like Souness blaming Boumsong for the defence being crap.

I have never said anything other than appointing Souness was a disastrous move.

YOu can look anywhere you like, and you will not find anything different to this.

Other people are still defending the buys, sales and actions of Souness. You should address them for their replies and responses in this area.

BTW, anyone looking at your biased website will see that you yourself are incapable of doing anything other than criticise the board, I think you would criticise them even if they won the European Cup if they actually chose to spend money to do it .....  :lol:

I don't think it's possible to have this debate without mentioning the board, if NE5 can't accept any criticism going their way then perhaps he should avoid this thread.

I'm up for it though.

Sorry Baggio, I just didn't realise we have had an absolutely disastrous last decade. It must be your head playing tricks with you, or you are copying and pasting thickmicks posts. If you can't accept that we have qualified for europe more than any club bar 4 during this time, despite having "no plan", perhaps you should avoid this thread.

I'm up for it though.

Sorry Baggio, I just didn't realise we have had an absolutely disastrous last decade. It must be your head playing tricks with you, or you are copying and pasting thickmicks posts. If you can't accept that we have qualified for europe more than any club bar 4 during this time, despite having "no plan", perhaps you should avoid this thread.

But we've got ourselves into a ridiculous amount of debt in the process losing on average £1million a month.

You seem to shrug this off and say "every club has debt" as if it's acceptable.

Guest Knightrider

I've just been writing away the most fantastic post about this whole mess, and I've bastard lost it by mistakingly closing the broswer window, fucking gutted. I had it all sussed. Ah well, at least I save yous from the bore of an uber post. This happens to me a lot, what a twat. GRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

I've just been writing away the most fantastic post about this whole mess, and I've b****** lost it by mistakingly closing the broswer window, f****** gutted. I had it all sussed. Ah well, at least I save yous from the bore of an uber post. This happens to me a lot, what a t***. GRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

Save it as a word or text file or something then copy and paste it into your browser, have another go.

Guest Knightrider

I'm gonna next time, I usually just type my posts out in the quick reply field, or if I'm quoting, via the post a reply field. Lost loads over the years, some absolute mega posts, nowt worse :D

I'm gonna next time, I usually just type my posts out in the quick reply field, or if I'm quoting, via the post a reply field. Lost loads over the years, some absolute mega posts, nowt worse :D

Go on then, I'll read it tomorrow at work.