What would it take to get the spark back?

mrmojorisin75

Can we not just have a sticky where NE5 and Superbore can post their ideas, rather than ruining most threads with their guff?

Shame booboo, but I think there should be a sticky for people who post nowt about football.

I dread to think what your articles are like, seeing as you are somehow a member of the writers group.

I hope you don't copy and paste articles by Mag writers, for instance.

Can we not just have a sticky where NE5 and Superbore can post their ideas, rather than ruining most threads with their guff?

I agree

HOHO.....I think people who are not really interested in the football and think Adam Crozier would somehow be good for Newcastle United should read your daft website, Ian.

I agree

being fair,there are quite a few with opposing ideas who are just as willing to join in.

Most of those with opposing ideas at least give Shepherd credit when it's due.

I've given him credit for his part in the ground development and his part in the Academy and training facilities, I would even credit him for his latest appointment to the board.  NE5 sees anything said against Shepherd as a reason to defend him, he even defends the appointment of Souness by saying that Liverpool also got it wrong when they appointed Souness.  Liverpool appointed him before he'd developed his reputation as being a poor manager who fell out with players.

Another Lie........hardly surprising from the number 1 KK bandwagon jumper on the board.

As you are well aware, the one time you got something right is when you copied and pasted my comments that Souness was a shite manager and the club should never have appointed him.

Would you please post us your opinions and comments on the league positions I posted under our old board running the club, as you think that spending years in the 2nd division is the same as qualifying regularly for europe, which is what the positions in question show  ?

Aye, absolutely. "Supporters" who do nowt but moan and don't support can all piss off as far as I'm concerned. Grassroots might tell you about some tirade I went into a while ago after we played Wolves about people who boo at the match. Gets on my bloody wick. I may criticise certain individuals here but at the match you support the team and all of the players and that's the end of it.

How did you feel when the flat cappers in the Centre Paddock all used to abuse Gibbo, to the extent that Harvey came close to not playing him at home ??

There have always been moaners

I was standing in the old corner - where the old flag was - the day he put his 2 fingers up at the boo boys, towards the corner. I wasn't booing though, I never have and never will do that.

not sure anyone was booing, there were moaners though, just as there were in 1981 and 1991 and 2001 and there are in 2007. Moaning is not a new phenomenon.

HTL was on about moaners, not particualry "boo-boys". I always felt the older generation were the moaners. They had been going for ever, had suddenly realised it wasn't going to get any better, had therefore become useod to complaining. There are many of the current middle-aged/older brigade who have suddenly reached this conclusion too. (They aren't band-wagon jumpers, any more than the 20,000 extra who turned out for the Forest game in 74 were band-wagon jumpers).

The current middle-aged supporters have been probably been going either on and off, or regularly for over 30 years. Up to 15 years ago there was no hope, suddenly for a special few years there was again. Now we are sliding downwards again. Those that see the slow slide into mid-table mediocrity of the last three seasons are worried. They DO remember the things you mention about the 70s and 80s. They are as scared of its return as you are. The younger (under 30s have no experience of the bad old days).

The difference for many of us is that you see the decline as circumstances out of the control of anyone, and most definitely not the fault of chairman and CEO of the last few years. Many of us see the decline as being due to the policies of the board.

You fear that we could end up with the disaster we had in having a couple of incompetent families running the club for too long in the 70s and 80s. The rest of see that that is exacxtly what has happened again.

The only reason for supporting Shepherd in his job is that he is in the job. It was the same with those who sutpported Souness. They support everythign to do with NUFC and while he was the club manager they backed him, they supported everything about Newcastle.

Back in the early 1990s there was a huge backlash against the corruption at the top of the Olympic movemet. An independent body produced a report detailing the corruption and demanding it was cleaned up. Samarnach who had run it for years wanted to appoint himself as the cleanser. His logic was that he knew the organisation better than anyone, so who better to do the job. I'm sure you would agree the best person to get NUFC out of its decline, and its financial mess, due to their inside knowledge should similarly be Freddie Shepherd.

I can assure you that the day Tommy Gibb put 2 fingers up at the crowd, it was towards the corner.

I can also assure you, that nobody in the centre paddock gave him flak, during the period I had my season ticket for that section between the years 1973-75, see  the photo which is my avatar, for the view that I had.

But keep making things up if you like, as you did when you said you were happy with the way the club was run until 2003, until I turned up a mag article written by you in 1998 complaining about dividends weeks before the club was about to play in the FA Cup Final.

Aye, absolutely. "Supporters" who do nowt but moan and don't support can all piss off as far as I'm concerned. Grassroots might tell you about some tirade I went into a while ago after we played Wolves about people who boo at the match. Gets on my bloody wick. I may criticise certain individuals here but at the match you support the team and all of the players and that's the end of it.

How did you feel when the flat cappers in the Centre Paddock all used to abuse Gibbo, to the extent that Harvey came close to not playing him at home ??

There have always been moaners

I was standing in the old corner - where the old flag was - the day he put his 2 fingers up at the boo boys, towards the corner. I wasn't booing though, I never have and never will do that.

I thought you had a season ticket for the Paddock?

Tommy Gibb signed for Newcastle United in 1969. He scored his first goal for the club against Chelsea in 1969. I was right behind the gallowgate goal where that goal went in.

Over the next few years, I moved from different areas of the ground, as people did in those days but I realise you aren't aware of this as when you say you supported the club, you are lying, otherwise you would not have asked the question you did. Until I bought my season ticket for the Centre Paddock.

I don't expect you to make a sensible or interesting reply to this, as usual. Although I bet you wish that you could  ;D

I agree

being fair,there are quite a few with opposing ideas who are just as willing to join in.

I've given him credit for his part in the ground development and his part in the Academy and training facilities, I would even credit him for his latest appointment to the board.  NE5 sees anything said against Shepherd as a reason to defend him, he even defends the appointment of Souness by saying that Liverpool also got it wrong when they appointed Souness.  Liverpool appointed him before he'd developed his reputation as being a poor manager who fell out with players.

Another Lie........hardly surprising from the number 1 KK bandwagon jumper on the board.

As you are well aware, the one time you got something right is when you copied and pasted my comments that Souness was a s**** manager and the club should never have appointed him.

Would you please post us your opinions and comments on the league positions I posted under our old board running the club, as you think that spending years in the 2nd division is the same as qualifying regularly for europe, which is what the positions in question show  ?

I hope you're taking the piss, for your sake. bluelaugh.gif  If not then I would suggest a quick visit to these http://www.prioryhealthcare.com/, you're not alone, it would appear you're 1 in 6.

Tommy Gibb signed for Newcastle United in 1969. He scored his first goal for the club against Chelsea in 1969. I was right behind the gallowgate goal where that goal went in.

Over the next few years, I moved from different areas of the ground, as people did in those days but I realise you aren't aware of this as when you say you supported the club, you are lying, otherwise you would not have asked the question you did. Until I bought my season ticket for the Centre Paddock.

I don't expect you to make a sensible or interesting reply to this, as usual. Although I bet you wish that you could  ;D

I'm lying because you said you had a season ticket for the Paddock but now you say that you didn't while Gibb was at the club, an interesting and desperate theory, keep up the good work.  :cheesy:

How long did you have your season ticket in the paddock?

I can assure you that the day Tommy Gibb put 2 fingers up at the crowd, it was towards the corner.

I can also assure you, that nobody in the centre paddock gave him flak, during the period I had my season ticket for that section between the years 1973-75, see  the photo which is my avatar, for the view that I had.

But keep making things up if you like, as you did when you said you were happy with the way the club was run until 2003, until I turned up a mag article written by you in 1998 complaining about dividends weeks before the club was about to play in the FA Cup Final.

I don't doubt for a second that Gibbo flicked the Gallowgate. I also don't doubt for a second that the flat-cappers in the Centre Paddock moaned like hell. I didn't see the Gibbo incident. I f I was there I'd have been in the Leazes End. The reasosn I raised him as an example was to try and show that there have always been moaners.

I'd been struggling to think of other examples, but Gowling springs to mind. He wasn't Supermac, he ran funny, so he moaned at whatever he did wrong. That he was leadign scorer at the time didn't seem to matter.

The whole suggestion that the place is currently full of moaners, as if this has just happened, can only come from someone who is selectively choosing their memories :)

I don't doubt for a second that Gibbo flicked the Gallowgate. I also don't doubt for a second that the flat-cappers in the Centre Paddock moaned like hell. I didn't see the Gibbo incident. I f I was there I'd have been in the Leazes End. The reasosn I raised him as an example was to try and show that there have always been moaners.

I'd been struggling to think of other examples, but Gowling springs to mind. He wasn't Supermac, he ran funny, so he moaned at whatever he did wrong. That he was leadign scorer at the time didn't seem to matter.

The whole suggestion that the place is currently full of moaners, as if this has just happened, can only come from someone who is selectively choosing their memories :)

Care to post where I said moaning has just happened?

I agree

As you are well aware, the one time you got something right is when you copied and pasted my comments that Souness was a s**** manager and the club should never have appointed him.

I hope you're taking the piss, for your sake. bluelaugh.gif  If not then I would suggest a quick visit to these http://www.prioryhealthcare.com/, you're not alone, it would appear you're 1 in 6.

I didn't think that was too difficult a question, even for you. Obviously it is, as you have avoided it again.

I'm lying because you said you had a season ticket for the Paddock but now you say that you didn't while Gibb was at the club, an interesting and desperate theory, keep up the good work.  :cheesy:

You can see the view I had from my avatar. I didn't realise how stupid you really were, until now. I know you avoid answering questions because you can't, but as you say you work with figures, a 10 year old can work out that if Tommy Gibb signed for Newcastle in 1968-69 season, then the v sign would have been at some time between then and when he left, 6 years later. Oh, I forgot you didn't know that, as you only say you supported the club.

I said earlier in this thread - in the very post that you refer to actually, that I had my season ticket in the centre paddock between 1973 and 1975, when I took the photograph in my avatar, therefore he put the v sign up to the corner at a different time to that........  ;D ;D

I didn't think that was too difficult a question, even for you. Obviously it is, as you have avoided it again.

Learn to read you silly old fool, it's been answered.  You either can't read or you have the memory span of a Goldfish.

Learn to read you silly old fool, it's been answered.  You either can't read or you have the memory span of a Goldfish.

HOHO,.......I'm 52. I just have knowledge of the club though, unlike you.

I don't see a reply from you, just a disappearing act.

On the contrary, I don't see where anyone says that moaning has all of a sudden only started happening.

The difference between now and in the past of course, is that in the past, when the team had shit directors who sold our best players, ran the club like a corner shop so it struggled on the field and spent years in the 2nd division and getting nowhere near qualifying for europe, there was actually something to moan about.

Despite thickmick saying the current board is "just the same" as the board who climbed those heights ....  ;D

Not that I expect you to moan on though....as your moaning website shows, you moan - and lie - about the club even when they were about to play in the FA Cup Final, and still quote your mismanagement bollocks when we were playing in the Champions League ........  ;D

You can see the view I had from my avatar. I didn't realise how stupid you really were, until now. I know you avoid answering questions because you can't, but as you say you work with figures, a 10 year old can work out that if Tommy Gibb signed for Newcastle in 1968-69 season, then the v sign would have been at some time between then and when he left, 6 years later. Oh, I forgot you didn't know that, as you only say you supported the club.

I said earlier in this thread - in the very post that you refer to actually, that I had my season ticket in the centre paddock between 1973 and 1975, when I took the photograph in my avatar, therefore he put the v sign up to the corner at a different time to that........  ;D ;D

it seems thickmick has disappeared, rather than say he is answering posts again ........  ;D

You're trying to change history, yet again.

I asked you about your season ticket before you mentioned when you had it. 

Here's the sequence of posts to make it easy for you.  :idiot2:

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=36936.msg734382#msg734382

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=36936.msg734417#msg734417

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=36936.msg734554#msg734554

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=36936.msg734558#msg734558

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=36936.msg734561#msg734561

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=36936.msg734744#msg734744

You should use your head before your fingers, your desperation to prove a point just makes you look stupid, again.  :uglystupid2:

bluelaugh.gif

Again, learn to read or comprehend, I have no idea which is causing you the problem but it's one of those two.

I’ve actually said that I’ve replied so you should take care when making accusations, brain before fingers.  It’s a waste of time trying to get anything through to you, it’ll go straight over your head.

It would appear that the saying is correct that you can take a horse to water but you can't make it drink, at least it is in your case.

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=36936.msg734382#msg734382

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=36936.msg734417#msg734417

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=36936.msg734554#msg734554

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=36936.msg734558#msg734558

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=36936.msg734561#msg734561

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=36936.msg734744#msg734744

You should use your head before your fingers, your desperation to prove a point just makes you look stupid, again.  :uglystupid2:

I said I was behind the Gallowgate goal when he scored against Chelsea in 1969. It is clear to anyone, well almost anyone, that this is before I moved into the paddock when I bought a season ticket for that area.

Have you commented yet on how we achieved all those piss poor league positions, in the 2nd division or fighting relegation for the vast majority of the time,  for 30 years prior to the current board taking over the club ?

On the contrary, I don't see where anyone says that moaning has all of a sudden only started happening.

The difference between now and in the past of course, is that in the past, when the team had s*** directors who sold our best players, ran the club like a corner shop so it struggled on the field and spent years in the 2nd division and getting nowhere near qualifying for europe, there was actually something to moan about.

Despite thickmick saying the current board is "just the same" as the board who climbed those heights ....  ;D

Not that I expect you to moan on though....as your moaning website shows, you moan - and lie - about the club even when they were about to play in the FA Cup Final, and still quote your mismanagement bollocks when we were playing in the Champions League ........  ;D

bluelaugh.gif

bluelaugh.gif

Again, learn to read or comprehend, I have no idea which is causing you the problem but it's one of those two.

I’ve actually said that I’ve replied so you should take care when making accusations, brain before fingers.  It’s a waste of time trying to get anything through to you, it’ll go straight over your head.

It would appear that the saying is correct that you can take a horse to water but you can't make it drink, at least it is in your case.

Do you - or do you not - agree that a board who runs a club that qualifies for europe more than any other club bar 4 during the course of a decade, buys major England internationals and oversees an average 50,000+ gate, is running the club better than a board who spends the vast majority of the time in the 2nd division or fighting relegation, sells its best players and struggles to half fill a stadium to be making a better job of running the club ?

Yes or No ?

I said I was behind the Gallowgate goal when he scored against Chelsea in 1969. It is clear to anyone, well almost anyone, that this is before I moved into the paddock when I bought a season ticket for that area.

Have you commented yet on how we achieved all those piss poor league positions, in the 2nd division or fighting relegation for the vast majority of the time,  for 30 years prior to the current board taking over the club ?

You're commenting on a post where I said you'd just tried to change history and you've done the same thing in your reply, I've no intention of trying to comment on how we achieved those piss poor league positions and I wasn't asked to until now, you've obviously seen the answer eventually so have now changed the question. bluelaugh.gif

I said they were crap and that's a good enough answer as far as I'm concerned. 

bluelaugh.gif

Do you - or do you not - agree that a board who runs a club that qualifies for europe more than any other club bar 4 during the course of a decade, buys major England internationals and oversees an average 50,000+ gate, is running the club better than a board who spends the vast majority of the time in the 2nd division or fighting relegation, sells its best players and struggles to half fill a stadium to be making a better job of running the club ?

Yes or No ?

You can't answer with a yes or no.