What would it take to get the spark back?

mrmojorisin75

I don't think it's possible to have this debate without mentioning the board, if NE5 can't accept any criticism going their way then perhaps he should avoid this thread.

I'm up for it though.

Sorry Baggio, I just didn't realise we have had an absolutely disastrous last decade. It must be your head playing tricks with you, or you are copying and pasting thickmicks posts. If you can't accept that we have qualified for europe more than any club bar 4 during this time, despite having "no plan", perhaps you should avoid this thread.

But we've got ourselves into a ridiculous amount of debt in the process losing on average £1million a month.

You seem to shrug this off and say "every club has debt" as if it's acceptable.

If I thought it was "acceptable" I would be joining those who continue to say we should carry on spending on any decent player that comes along ..... people you appear to be unwilling to address this point too, why is this ?

Shame I've had to spell it out, I thought you were cleverer than this, being a toontastic poster and everything .....

I don't think it's possible to have this debate without mentioning the board, if NE5 can't accept any criticism going their way then perhaps he should avoid this thread.

I'm up for it though.

Sorry Baggio, I just didn't realise we have had an absolutely disastrous last decade. It must be your head playing tricks with you, or you are copying and pasting thickmicks posts. If you can't accept that we have qualified for europe more than any club bar 4 during this time, despite having "no plan", perhaps you should avoid this thread.

But we've got ourselves into a ridiculous amount of debt in the process losing on average £1million a month.

If I thought it was "acceptable" I would be joining those who continue to say we should carry on spending on any decent player that comes along ..... people you appear to be unwilling to address this point too, why is this ?

Shame I've had to spell it out, I thought you were cleverer than this, being a toontastic poster and everything .....

I was going to post a link to your forum where you said "Darren Bent would cost a big fee, do we have it ? Whether we have it or not, I think we have to find some money somewhere." but I forgot, you're not Leazes Mag are you?

You just copy and paste his threads. PATHETIC! :lol:

I have never said anything other than appointing Souness was a disastrous move.

YOu can look anywhere you like, and you will not find anything different to this.

Other people are still defending the buys, sales and actions of Souness. You should address them for their replies and responses in this area.

BTW, anyone looking at your biased website will see that you yourself are incapable of doing anything other than criticise the board, I think you would criticise them even if they won the European Cup if they actually chose to spend money to do it .....  :lol:

I know you have never done anything but criticise the Souness appointment. You have also never doen anythign but back Shepherd. For may of us the appointment of Souness was something that Shpeherd did, and he should therefore be critcised for.

You seem to just see at as one of  those things that happens.

Similarly adding £25m to the payroll while tumbling down the league, was just one of those things that happens. No one's fault really, or if it was anyone's fault it was definitely not the person who signs the cheques.

Simlilarly why would an £80m company need someone with any sort of financial knowledge on its board. As you have said many times the current board have built the club up to the success that it is now. What changed ? Why do they feel they now suddenly need someone from Barclays Bank to help them out ? Could it be that Barclays see a club who were worth £56m when Shepherd took over, and were worth £16m last July and are currently losing over £1m a month, and suddenly Barclays have decided enough is enough and they want their man in place before the club default on the mortgage payments.

Under McKeag we didn't know what was going on, how bad things were. At least this time the club have to publish results ans we know what is happening. There is the option to just stick fingers in ears and sing "la-la". It is known as the NE5/Shepherd way.

Do you post on Toontastic, Macbeth?

I think I have alogin but I don't generally. If there is an update to my website I may go and mention it.

Generally I feel you can have too much excitement in your life and being on toontastic may just be too much for me :D

Where did it all go wrong?

I guess that we'll never know.  I do know that a journalist was going to do a book on the mismanagement of the club, somebody who worked for the Journal or Chronicle, I don't think he ever took it any further than thinking about it.

i'm afraid i have to stand with NE5 a bit on this one - "where did it all go wrong?"  that's a question forest and sheff wed fans should be asking themselves, not newcastle fans right now

we're in a reasonable league postition, still have a (slim) possibility of qualifying for europe and can reach the last eight of the uefa cup and more this season....this is not what i consider things going wrong personally

i also see signs from the people in charge at the club that they're learning from mistakes and roedebot is verifying this with his 'intended' transfer policy...if we ship out some of the crap from the club and bring in a few decent players, added to getting fit the ones we've been missing then we have the makings of a decent side who will be nowhere near relegation

and relegation is the ONLY thing that will bring the financial meltdown certain people are implying will happen at the club....increased TV money, shirt sales, attendances etc... will continue to provide enough income for the club and we now have a money man joining the board who will no doubt have an impact, but none of it will happen overnight

my original post on this topic was regarding the exctiement level and feelgood factor surrounding the club, which i do feel is on the slide somewhat....however a season or two of owen and martins belting in goals coupled with a few competent new signings would soon see to that (especially if we had the added bonus of seeing the back of certain negative feelgood factors like luque, babayaro, carr, moore, bramble....)

obviously we have high debt levels and we'll either get out of them long term with the board we've got or short term with a takeover (which incidentally i still think will happen, there's too much money making opportunity for someone NOT to take over the club) but unless the board permit more reckless spending a la souness, or we do go down, then the status quo will continue and in the grand scheme of things it ain't all that bad

Do you knaa what... if everyone left their personal issues at the door, and stopped point scoring, we could have a canny debate here about the actual topic title, and indeed the board and where we are heading. Or maybe not.

No, we couldn't have a canny debate at all and you know full well why.

So put some names to this instead of generalising, be a man. I know some of these people posting nowt but snipes and sarcasm are your "internet mates" so you don't want to, but you need to have a word with the usual 3 or 4 who constantly avoid the subject in favour of childish sniping,  contributing fuck all and ruining yet another thread, one of whom is a "writer" supposedly, so I imagine *should* be able to post something worth reading if he could get past the juvenile crap.

a quick word on macbeth's finances site......

amotisation of players,re assets.

i'm told quite a few listed football clubs leave the amortisation of players out the books as in reality,due to the unique nature of the business,subjective and the example of stagecoach is misleading(ie they know the bus will depreceate in value),where as for example this version of amortisation would value shay given at under £1million for these purposes.

macbeth is very correct on the dividends stance,they were high at a time when they shouldn't have been.

has macbeth got any answers or names as to who would like to takeover ?

i'm told quite a few listed football clubs leave the amortisation of players out the books as in reality,due to the unique nature of the business,subjective and the example of stagecoach is misleading(ie they know the bus will depreceate in value),where as for example this version of amortisation would value shay given at under £1million for these purposes.

macbeth is very correct on the dividends stance,they were high at a time when they shouldn't have been.

he hasn't any more idea than you :) Although there is a Sheik who was very disappointed to not get his own way and buy Liverpool.

The amortisation does have limitations (and can be hard to understand/explain) but to not include player transfer costs just doesn't make sense. It can lead to the daftness of (as an example) "We broke even this year, we are all very proud with that. We have also spent £20m in the transfer market, which has taken our financial performance down to a £20m loss."

he hasn't any more idea than you :) Although there is a Sheik who was very disappointed to not get his own way and buy Liverpool.

The amortisation does have limitations (and can be hard to understand/explain) but to not include player transfer costs just doesn't make sense. It can lead to the daftness of (as an example) "We broke even this year, we are all very proud with that. We have also spent £20m in the transfer market, which has taken our financial performance down to a £20m loss."

but any expenditure like that HAS to be dislosed one way or another and even you're little quoted synopsis above still gives those details.the amortisation is the bit i was getting at and i'm sure you'll agree it is a very grey area which can vastly alter the net asset value ..ie ballack,transfer fee £0...he would not have any asset value under that system.

as for the sheik...it was another terry mac wind up  O0

Guest Knightrider

Do you knaa what... if everyone left their personal issues at the door, and stopped point scoring, we could have a canny debate here about the actual topic title, and indeed the board and where we are heading. Or maybe not.

So put some names to this instead of generalising, be a man. I know some of these people posting nowt but snipes and sarcasm are your "internet mates" so you don't want to, but you need to have a word with the usual 3 or 4 who constantly avoid the subject in favour of childish sniping,  contributing fuck all and ruining yet another thread, one of whom is a "writer" supposedly, so I imagine *should* be able to post something worth reading if he could get past the juvenile crap.

OK then, I'll be a "man"...

You, Mick, Baggio, Boo Boo, NE5 and others have all in one form or another taken this topic right off track and descended into a war of words with one another, which is futile as neither is going to concede ground here and all yous are doing is spoiling the thread for others and going round in circles. No disrespect to any of you like, just thought I'd point it out. Carry on though, I've said what I want to say on both subjects.  :thup:

I'm up for it though.

I was going to post a link to your forum where you said "Darren Bent would cost a big fee, do we have it ? Whether we have it or not, I think we have to find some money somewhere." but I forgot, you're not Leazes Mag are you?

Lets see now.

You say I'm Leazes Mag and "copy and paste his threads" [which I'm not and I don't]........then you go copying and pasting other peoples threads yourself ?????

Why don't you post on Toontastic, NE5?

why are you a bit of a pillock  :lol:

Not like you to avoid questions put to you.

I have answered that question elsewhere.

Why are you a bit of a pillock ?  :lol:

PS. Why do you post on toontastic ?

OK then, I'll be a "man"...

You, Mick, Baggio, Boo Boo, NE5 and others have all in one form or another taken this topic right off track and descended into a war of words with one another, which is futile as neither is going to concede ground here and all yous are doing is spoiling the thread for others and going round in circles. No disrespect to any of you like, just thought I'd point it out. Carry on though, I've said what I want to say on both subjects.  :thup:

OK mate. It would be canny though, if these "copying and pasting" malarky accusations weren't just directed at those who held opposite views to those making the accusations .... so far as I can see, there are a lot more people copying and pasting than myself, HTL and maybe one or two others, as most people disagree with us. How many people come along and spout the Fred out stuff whenever the team loses a game - but not when winning a game, which is pretty odd as I don't recall him ever putting on his boots.

Now, I'll call time on going off topic in this thread. Whatever the adverse response, if any. 

I'm up for it though.

Lets see now.

You say I'm Leazes Mag and "copy and paste his threads" [which I'm not and I don't]........then you go copying and pasting other peoples threads yourself ?????

Where have used copy and paste to try and pass someone else's opinions for my own?

http://www.toontastic.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=9187&hl=

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=29970.0

I'd say the likely hood of you both posting exactly the same thing as 1,000,000,000,000/1

:idiot2:

I have never said anything other than appointing Souness was a disastrous move.

YOu can look anywhere you like, and you will not find anything different to this.

Other people are still defending the buys, sales and actions of Souness. You should address them for their replies and responses in this area.

BTW, anyone looking at your biased website will see that you yourself are incapable of doing anything other than criticise the board, I think you would criticise them even if they won the European Cup if they actually chose to spend money to do it .....  :lol:

I know you have never done anything but criticise the Souness appointment. You have also never doen anythign but back Shepherd. For may of us the appointment of Souness was something that Shpeherd did, and he should therefore be critcised for.

You seem to just see at as one of  those things that happens.

Similarly adding £25m to the payroll while tumbling down the league, was just one of those things that happens. No one's fault really, or if it was anyone's fault it was definitely not the person who signs the cheques.

Simlilarly why would an £80m company need someone with any sort of financial knowledge on its board. As you have said many times the current board have built the club up to the success that it is now. What changed ? Why do they feel they now suddenly need someone from Barclays Bank to help them out ? Could it be that Barclays see a club who were worth £56m when Shepherd took over, and were worth £16m last July and are currently losing over £1m a month, and suddenly Barclays have decided enough is enough and they want their man in place before the club default on the mortgage payments.

Under McKeag we didn't know what was going on, how bad things were. At least this time the club have to publish results ans we know what is happening. There is the option to just stick fingers in ears and sing "la-la". It is known as the NE5/Shepherd way.

running a tight ship, bean counting, and putting balancing the books before taking risks on the club potential to attempt to be successful, is the macbeth/McKeag/Westwood/Seymour way

Why don't you post on Toontastic, NE5?

why are you a bit of a pillock  :lol:

Not like you to avoid questions put to you.

I have answered that question elsewhere.

Why are you a bit of a pillock ?  :lol:

PS. Why do you post on toontastic ?

So he can play in the arcade. :lol: