Berbatov for Toon

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest Knightrider

I didn't know what to make of Berbatov as the season got underway but since then he has impressed me a great deal, he's a smashing player and looking a bargain at £10m. He isn't a 25-goals-a-season man and has his faults, but he's what I'd call a creative forward in the mould of a Bergkamp or a Gudjohnsen, and a very good one at that.

BTW it is pointless comparing him to Martins or Owen, and vice versa, as they are all different types of players, and equally pointless trying to pick a "winner" between them.

Correct. Stats don't always prove a point. He's a quality player in his own right.

Aye, going off stats Martins could be classed as a great player, but we all know some of his performances have been very poor for us since signing (not me knocking him BTW, I think he's going to be a brilliant player in time). Berbatov is a canny player in his own right, my type of player, creative and can score, he's a delight to watch. It will be interesting to see if he can follow up his debut season next season and beyond though, and I guess the same applies with Martins. In that sense however, I think Martins has the bigger future ahead of him, and time of course.

So are you going to tell us what makes Berbatov better than Owen?

Or what makes Berbatov better than Martins.

On the two occasions they've been on the same pitch together this season, Martins has come out on top twice, scored in both matches and won the MOTM in one of them.

but you think we should have bought an inferior player than Martins, or a cheaper player, or nobody, as you are now complaining about our debt ?

Double standards, naive as to the true meaning of "balancing the books", or not clearly thought out. Probably all of them.

When Owen got injured we had to buy a striker, if Martins wasn't here we would have gone down this season, it's a shame we allowed ourselves to be put in such a compromising situation.

Do you still think we were right to sign Duff? I've seen on your website your opinion of him has changed.

So you are happy with us escalating our debt, because we had to buy Owen . Meaning that you would not be happy with mediocrity as a result of not taking risks and buying quality footballers. Thank you, I rest my case, I hope I don't see you complaining again about the club showing ambition.

Unlike others, I don't change my opinion based on hindsight. Signing a quality player for 5m quid with his best years in front of him is good business. And a damn sight better than spending 9m quid and 8.5m quid on Spanish and French cowards who clearly will not adapt to the premiership. Duff may yet come good, he has proved himself in the premiership, and that talent is permanent. If he doesn't settle at the club he will move on, but I don't recall anyone now knocking him saying at the time we should not have bought him.

BTW, when you become more experienced and realistic of footballing life, you will realise that players not settling at clubs, areas of the country, or not fitting in for any of various reasons, maybe personal ones too, happens all the time.

Ah! The "I'm Older so I'm wiser" point. :lol:

As I've said all along, the board need to find away of taking the club forward while reducing the debt, we can't keep borrowing money to finance signings or we will go the same way as Leeds, you've even said yourself that we can't go on being reckless with money the way we have.

I think Martins was more of a necessity than Owen, at the time of his signing we only had a semi fit Ameobi (I'm not sure if Chopra had left by then and can't be bothered to check)

Anyway Leazes, anymore questions you want to put to me can be done over on toontastic, I post on here to have a rest from you O0

So are you going to tell us what makes Berbatov better than Owen?

Or what makes Berbatov better than Martins.

On the two occasions they've been on the same pitch together this season, Martins has come out on top twice, scored in both matches and won the MOTM in one of them.

but you think we should have bought an inferior player than Martins, or a cheaper player, or nobody, as you are now complaining about our debt ?

Double standards, naive as to the true meaning of "balancing the books", or not clearly thought out. Probably all of them.

When Owen got injured we had to buy a striker, if Martins wasn't here we would have gone down this season, it's a shame we allowed ourselves to be put in such a compromising situation.

Do you still think we were right to sign Duff? I've seen on your website your opinion of him has changed.

So you are happy with us escalating our debt, because we had to buy Owen . Meaning that you would not be happy with mediocrity as a result of not taking risks and buying quality footballers. Thank you, I rest my case, I hope I don't see you complaining again about the club showing ambition.

Unlike others, I don't change my opinion based on hindsight. Signing a quality player for 5m quid with his best years in front of him is good business. And a damn sight better than spending 9m quid and 8.5m quid on Spanish and French cowards who clearly will not adapt to the premiership. Duff may yet come good, he has proved himself in the premiership, and that talent is permanent. If he doesn't settle at the club he will move on, but I don't recall anyone now knocking him saying at the time we should not have bought him.

BTW, when you become more experienced and realistic of footballing life, you will realise that players not settling at clubs, areas of the country, or not fitting in for any of various reasons, maybe personal ones too, happens all the time.

Ah! The "I'm Older so I'm wiser" point. :lol:

As I've said all along, the board need to find away of taking the club forward while reducing the debt, we can't keep borrowing money to finance signings or we will go the same way as Leeds, you've even said yourself that we can't go on being reckless with money the way we have.

Well done. You got there in the end. You can now start telling everyone who thinks we should be spending more money.

What is your solution then ie how can the club be taken forward while reducing the debt ?

Would you prefer genuine mediocrity to showing ambition ?

I think Martins was more of a necessity than Owen, at the time of his signing we only had a semi fit Ameobi (I'm not sure if Chopra had left by then and can't be bothered to check)

Anyway Leazes, anymore questions you want to put to me can be done over on toontastic, I post on here to have a rest from you O0

I would have thought, bearing in mind your attitude to the clubs finances, you would have preferred Jon Stead to either Martins or Owen ?

Also, who is Leazes ..... although it does appear that you are infatuated with responding to me, although I only post on good boards.

Leazes Mag is the person who shares your IP address who has the same signature as you.

Do you want me to post a link to the thread you started on here which was word for word what he posted on toontastic an hour earlier?

BTW Have you ever seen Fightclub?

Leazes Mag is the person who shares your IP address who has the same signature as you.

Do you want me to post a link to the thread you started on here which was word for word what he posted on toontastic an hour earlier?

never heard of it.

Why don't you answer what I asked you anyway, or stick to the topic, instead of ruining the thread ?

never heard of it.

Why don't you answer what I asked you anyway, or stick to the topic, instead of ruining the thread ?

You can't be serious...

Oh..

Well maybe you can.

Also, who is Leazes ..... although it does appear that you are infatuated with responding to me, although I only post on good boards.

You are LeazesMag, you told me that a long time ago in a pm, we both know the truth and you'll only be fooling yourself if you deny it.

You are LeazesMag, you told me that a long time ago in a pm, we both know the truth and you'll only be fooling yourself if you deny it.

He is getting on you know, maybe he's just simply forgotten who he was/is.  :weep:

never heard of it.

I've been through all this before with youLeazesMag on toontastic, go over there and read the West Ham thread if you want answers.

BTW why have you copied Leazes Mags thread then?

http://www.toontastic.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=9187&hl=

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=29970.0

A bit sad don't you think? Haven't you got a mind of your own?

never heard of it.

I've been through all this before with youLeazesMag on toontastic, go over there and read the West Ham thread if you want answers.

BTW why have you copied Leazes Mags thread then?

http://www.toontastic.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=9187&hl=

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=29970.0

A bit sad don't you think? Haven't you got a mind of your own?

The irony of the 'Nowt like a selective memory.' comment is far from lost on me.  mackems.gif

He is getting on you know, maybe he's just simply forgotten who he was/is.  :weep:

He's not a very good advert for reaching 52, I'm shit scared just thinking about my 52nd birthday. :D

He's not a very good advert for reaching 52, I'm shit scared just thinking about my 52nd birthday. :D

I wonder if he celebrates twice, a bit like the Queen, once as NE5 the other as... :crazy2:

I wonder if he celebrates twice, a bit like the Queen, once as NE5 the other as... :crazy2:

haha.......the KK bandwagon jumpers one and all .....