Berbatov for Toon

Guest sicko2ndbest

Don't think it makes a scrap of difference who the opposition is tbh.  In 10 years time the records will show how many goals they scored, not what the quality of the opposition was.  I'm happy to view both Berby and Oba as two talented strikers, albeit in totally different styles, who have both done superbly well in the first season in the premiership.

At least you'll be watching Martins next season at the same ticket price as this one.  Spurs must be the only club in the premiership to have increased ticket prices for 2007/8.  :o

Guest BigAl2

Berbatov brings other players into play a lot better than Martins and plays with his head up so he sees things quicker.

Don't think it makes a scrap of difference who the opposition is tbh.   In 10 years time the records will show how many goals they scored, not what the quality of the opposition was.  I'm happy to view both Berby and Oba as two talented strikers, albeit in totally different styles, who have both done superbly well in the first season in the premiership.

At least you'll be watching Martins next season at the same ticket price as this one.  Spurs must be the only club in the premiership to have increased ticket prices for 2007/8.  :o

I think we have aswell.

Berbatov brings other players into play a lot better than Martins and plays with his head up so he sees things quicker.

i for one would have berbatov ahead of martins at this moment in time

Guest micky_123

Berbatov is one of the most in form players in the world at the minute. I'd come down, pack his bags and bring him back up personally.

Bring nothing today except his blatant dive...

Must be s**** then.

Wasn't a dive like, Carvalho clearly didn't get the ball.

it show the replay carvalho get the ball... i'd said it's blatant dive because he went the ground backward... because carvalho did not pull his shirt.

Guest kingdawson

i know.... mate... just a bit entertainment here when Spuds lose :lol:

well he can go with his opinion :lol: i got mine :D

Even though you opinion is blatantly blinded by your hatred for spurs?. "the replay shows Carvalho got the ball", no it dosent you pathetic liar. How he didnt get a red is beyond me.

Even though you opinion is blatantly blinded by your hatred for spurs?. "the replay shows Carvalho got the ball", no it dosent you pathetic lier. How he didnt get a red is beyond me.

watch again the replay....  carvalho did not get a red because of that because referee himself did not  see any blatant foul on Berbatov... which weird to me is why Berbatov must go down backward even Carvalho did not pull his shirt.....

Guest kingdawson

Even though you opinion is blatantly blinded by your hatred for spurs?. "the replay shows Carvalho got the ball", no it dosent you pathetic lier. How he didnt get a red is beyond me.

watch again the replay....  carvalho did not get a red because of that because referee himself did not  see any blatant foul on Berbatov... which weird to me is why Berbatov must go down backward even Carvalho did not pull his shirt.....

Oh ok now i understand what you're saying. Carvalho didnt get a red because the ref didnt see a foul even though he awarded the penalty :rolleyes:. To add to your pathetic explaination, you try and say that Berbatov actually dived :uglystupid2:

Oh ok now i understand what you're saying. Carvalho didnt get a red because the ref didnt see a foul even though he awarded the penalty :rolleyes:. To add to your pathetic explaination, you try and say that Berbatov actually dived :uglystupid2:

Decision is on the ref... not you....

as if you seen every time... team got penalty then the opposition always get red????

as if you seen every time... team got penalty then the opposition always get red????

When the player in question prevents a clear goalscoring opportunity, yes.

When the player in question prevents a clear goalscoring opportunity, yes.

as i said i think because the ref did not see the blatant foul... carvalho did intent to get the ball... wasn't clear goal scoring anyway... because carvalho had already been marking him

Bring nothing today except his blatant dive...

Must be shite then.

Wasn't a dive like, Carvalho clearly didn't get the ball.

I thought Berbatov was excellent in the first-half, especially considering he was up against John Terry for the vast majority of it. Held the ball up well at times, made a lot of good runs, won a stack of headers and his first-touch was absolutely phenomenal. Faded a bit in the second and Chelsea came into it more, but then won them the penalty and would have probably scored if not because of it. A fair bit better than Martins at the current time, IMO, and would be far better with Owen, as well.