Berbatov for Toon

Guest sicko2ndbest

Bring nothing today except his blatant dive...

Must be s**** then.

Wasn't a dive like, Carvalho clearly didn't get the ball.

I thought Berbatov was excellent in the first-half, especially considering he was up against John Terry for the vast majority of it. Held the ball up well at times, made a lot of good runs, won a stack of headers and his first-touch was absolutely phenomenal. Faded a bit in the second and Chelsea came into it more, but then won them the penalty and would have probably scored if not because of it. A fair bit better than Martins at the current time, IMO, and would be far better with Owen, as well.

Excellent mate :lol: Did he care to jump at Jeanne-Arse pinpoint cross... no he didn't? he just care that it might mess his hair... where his flick-ons goes... to nowhere lands... Skillfull at feet? yes he is.... Pace?no... Heading? no

Must be s**** then.

I thought Berbatov was excellent in the first-half, especially considering he was up against John Terry for the vast majority of it. Held the ball up well at times, made a lot of good runs, won a stack of headers and his first-touch was absolutely phenomenal. Faded a bit in the second and Chelsea came into it more, but then won them the penalty and would have probably scored if not because of it. A fair bit better than Martins at the current time, IMO, and would be far better with Owen, as well.

Excellent mate :lol: Did he care to jump at Jeanne-Arse pinpoint cross... no he didn't? he just care that it might mess his hair... where his flick-ons goes... to nowhere lands... Skillfull at feet? yes he is.... Pace?no... Heading? no

The pinpoint cross that was about 6-feet ahead of him?

Mess his hair!? :lol: Crikey, I'm not sure if I can argue with such a mature explanation for Berbatov having a poor game, you have truly demonstrated that your opinion is the correct one. I assume his hair does not get messed-up when he challenges for hopeful high balls and wins the vast majority against John Terry? No pace? For someone his size he's not exactly slow, is he?

Christ, I don't even know why I'm bothering with this. For the record, I'd say I dislike Spurs as much (if not more) than anyone on here, but Berbatov is a class-act and is only going to improve. I just hope to high heaven he shuffles off to a bigger club in the summer, so that I can enjoy watching him play a lot more than I currently do. He was unplayable at Stamford Bridge in the first game and he gave their central defenders a torrid time again tonight. He did miss a few flick-ons and passes, but his vision, first-touch and aerial ability are something to behold. How you cannot appreciate that, I do not know.

By the way, do you honestly believe that he committed a "blatant dive"? Or have I been sucked into another wind-up?

Must be s**** then.

Mess his hair!? :lol: Crikey, I'm not sure if I can argue with such a mature explanation for Berbatov having a poor game, you have truly demonstrated that your opinion is the correct one. I assume his hair does not get messed-up when he challenges for hopeful high balls and wins the vast majority against John Terry? No pace? For someone his size he's not exactly slow, is he?

Christ, I don't even know why I'm bothering with this. For the record, I'd say I dislike Spurs as much (if not more) than anyone on here, but Berbatov is a class-act and is only going to improve. I just hope to high heaven he shuffles off to a bigger club in the summer, so that I can enjoy watching him play a lot more than I currently do. He was unplayable at Stamford Bridge in the first game and he gave their central defenders a torrid time again tonight. He did miss a few flick-ons and passes, but his vision, first-touch and aerial ability are something to behold. How you cannot appreciate that, I do not know.

By the way, do you honestly believe that he committed a "blatant dive"? Or have I been sucked into another wind-up?

6 feet ahead of him because he doesn't have the pace or he don't bother try to run on it.... as i said above about KD has his own opinion and i got mine... i definitely stated that i not say that i am the correct one... so can i argue with your opinion also right? Cheers.... i honestly believe blatant dive... because it's my opinion... u can suggest your own opinion also... Cheers again

Guest kingdawson

Must be s**** then.

Dont bother with him mate. His arguments are laughable tbh.

Guest kingdawson

So KD, where was Mr Teemu Tainio tonight?

Well considering i said that Jol has told porkies about the stautus of an injured player before and that i wouldnt be suprised if Teemu was playing tonight, i fail to see how im wrong??. I actually put in brackets "Zokora definatly" if i recall correctly.

Well considering i said that Jol has told porkies about the stautus of an injured player before and that i wouldnt be suprised if Teemu was playing tonight, i fail to see how im wrong??. I actually put in brackets "Zokora definatly" if i recall correctly.

Yes, but I didn't question Zokora. I questioned Tainio, Jol said he was injured, you said it was bollocks, I said he wouldn't play tonight. You said he would play tonight. He didn't play tonight. I am win tbh.

Guest kingdawson

Yes, but I didn't question Zokora. I questioned Tainio, Jol said he was injured, you said it was bollocks, I said he wouldn't play tonight. You said he would play tonight. He didn't play tonight. I am win tbh.

Im happy you are win :thup:

Can you please give me a link as where the hell i said"it was bollocks", and that "he would play tonight"?. What i actually said was Jol has done this sort of thing before and that it wouldnt suprise me if both Tainio and Zokora were gonna play tonight with me then adding "zokora definatly". Im quite amused that you took that little debate so seriously tbh.

Couldn't agree more.  Can't think of a better potential partnership than Owen (pre-injury and hopefully post injury as well) and Berbatov.  Two hugely talented and intelligent strikers, Berbatov even makes Keane look a bit better than half decent!

Couldn't agree more.  Can't think of a better potential partnership than Owen (pre-injury and hopefully post injury as well) and Berbatov.  Two hugely talented and intelligent strikers, Berbatov even makes Keane look a bit better than half decent!

I was thinking that yesterday.

• 4 weeks later...

The one criticism always levelled at Heskey was that despite his good all-round forwards play, his goal return let him down. Well he's done okay this time out. Tell you what, if Wigan go down, Heskey for £2-3m would be a decent transfer.

Huh? This is a thread about Berbatov.

The one criticism always levelled at Heskey was that despite his good all-round forwards play, his goal return let him down. Well he's done okay this time out. Tell you what, if Wigan go down, Heskey for £2-3m would be a decent transfer.

today game... heskey were very very good... but i am not convince with him... it might be because i am not oftenly see heskey

Guest Knightrider

Heskey's a good player in my opinion, always rated him as someone decent enough, he will never smash any scoring records but he's a very effective player which can't be said of a lot of strikers, ofcourse with such players you need to marry them with goals, and likewise with your ineffective footballers but decent goalscorers, you also need to marry them up with someone who has a little bit to give. In short I'm saying Heskey would be a good partner for either Martins or Owen.

Again Sorry but how stupid are some people on here.....No quotes they would never let him go cant see owen or martins being dropped.  Seriously if you people just think before you rush off to tell your friends about the next player to join you will look less stupid

Ok, I haven't read all nine pages, tbh, but there is no chance in hell that Berbatov is coming to Newcastle. If the Spurs decide to sell him, he's going to Manchester United. But Tottenham will do everything in their power to keep him.

Just about spot on.  Berbatov turned down United in favour of Spurs as he felt he had to play regularly to adjust to the pace of the premiership.  His agent has already said Berbs will stay at Spurs for at least one more year even though he signed for 4 and Utd have already asked about him.  If next season Spurs qualify for CL Berbs will stay.  But we all know they won't and Berbs will be gone to OT.