Chelski after Taylor

Skirge

They can fk right off!!!

Chelsea are after Tayls!

Mar 11 2007

By Neil Farrington, The Sunday Sun

Chelsea are on the trail of Newcastle defender Steven Taylor. The Sunday Sun has learned that the Premiership champions enquired about the 21-year-old during January.

Chelsea raised the idea of Taylor during discussions about a move for Shaun Wright-Phillips from Stamford Bridge to St James’s Park.

And although they were given no encouragement by United – as they were when they asked after Obafemi Martins – Chelsea maintain an interest in the England Under-21 defender.

The Blues’ lack of defensive strength in depth was exposed by John Terry’s absence in December and January.

But although Liverpool are other potential suitors, Taylor has never suggested he is looking to leave his hometown club.

Guest Ridzuan

This shows that we have a great defender in the making.I think Taylor is a good defender and considering that he is still young,he can still be a better player in the future.I believe that he loves the club and he will not leave for any other club but with the likes of Chelsea interested in him,it would be difficult for him but Im sure he will do the wise decision by not leaving us.Furthermore,there is no reason why we would want to sell him.

Taylor isn't brilliant, especially at set pieces, and I dont think we could bring him on any further. Bramble is better.

He's worth £5-6m considering his current age and ability though, so if Chelsea were to offer £7.5m+, I'd take it if I knew that the money was going to go straight back into the defence.

Taylor isn't brilliant, especially at set pieces, and I dont think we could bring him on any further. Bramble is better.

Why do you think that? Why can't we bring him on any further? He's 21 for crying out loud and has already shown a lot of potential. Bramble, on the other hand, will always be Bramble.

I seriously hope i'm gonna get whooshed here, but i swear you're mixing Taylor up with Ramage.

Taylor won't go and we won't sell him.

I'm not so sure. He's bound to be tempted by regular Champions League football, challenging for domestic trophies and probaly more than tripling his weekly wage. And you can never say 'we won't sell him' when Chelsea are involved, we'd probaly accept less than you think.

Guest Ridzuan

Heard Terry has some problems over his new contract with Chelsea.It would be great if they would allow him to swap with Taylor.

He's worth £5-6m considering his current age and ability though, so if Chelsea were to offer £7.5m+, I'd take it if I knew that the money was going to go straight back into the defence.

get a grip - we've a 21 year old that came through the yourh system who has the potential to play for england, and you want to sell him now!!!!

how about we keep the lad, get some full backs to the club so he can play in his proper position and make him the cornerstone of our team for 10 years?

how old was john terry before he become as good as he is?  at least 2-3 years older than taylor is now and the one thing taylor has in his favour is that he's faster than terry was at the same age

suicide selling the lad, suicide

Why do you think that? Why can't we bring him on any further? He's 21 for crying out loud and has already shown a lot of potential. Bramble, on the other hand, will always be Bramble.

I seriously hope i'm gonna get whooshed here, but i swear you're mixing Taylor up with Ramage.

Taylor loses his man rather alot due to ball watching, and doesn't seem to be able to sort it out. That is why we have signed Gooch, and why we are playing him alongside Bramble.

get a grip - we've a 21 year old that came through the yourh system who has the potential to play for england, and you want to sell him now!!!!

how about we keep the lad, get some full backs to the club so he can play in his proper position and make him the cornerstone of our team for 10 years?

how old was john terry before he become as good as he is?  at least 2-3 years older than taylor is now and the one thing taylor has in his favour is that he's faster than terry was at the same age

suicide selling the lad, suicide

A bit eccentric but i agree with the sentiment.

Heard Terry has some problems over his new contract with Chelsea.It would be great if they would allow him to swap with Taylor.

:lol:

Bit off topic but has anyone seen the front of the Mirror today?

"John Terrys Grandad dead in flat FOR 10 DAYS" in bold.  What a fucking disgrace.  It's a private matter and their using it on the front.  Disgusting.

Taylor still has a lot to learn my main worry is how long he will get to show he has learnt, no way at all I would sell him though, but I agree that right now Bramble is the better player.

:cheesy:

In the last couple of games perhaps, certainly not overall.

Personally, i would try and do everything to keep him unless they offered ridiculous money. We're currently struggling to find one top-6-standard central defender to play alongside him, are we really going to find two for just £6-7m?

Taylor loses his man rather alot due to ball watching, and doesn't seem to be able to sort it out. That is why we have signed Gooch, and why we are playing him alongside Bramble.

taylor would, should and must be number one choice CB once we get full backs worthy of the shirt, anything less and we deserve everything we get

name me a better prospect, ENGLISH prospect, for his position at his age...please

Taylor still has a lot to learn my main worry is how long he will get to show he has learnt, no way at all I would sell him though, but I agree that right now Bramble is the better player.

Personally, i would try and do everything to keep him unless they offered ridiculous money. We're currently struggling to find one top-6-standard central defender to play alongside him, are we really going to find two for just £6-7m?

Exactly.

Guest Ridzuan

:lol:

Bit off topic but has anyone seen the front of the Mirror today?

"John Terrys Grandad dead in flat FOR 10 DAYS" in bold.  What a f****** disgrace.  It's a private matter and their using it on the front.  Disgusting.

Is it true? If it is then,John Terry should take legal actions against the Mirror.

Exactly.

I am not saying sell, but it is a fact that of late, Titus has been miles better and if Taylor shows Brambles kind of improvement then we are going to have two very good CB's..

Exactly.

I am not saying sell, but it is a fact that of late, Titus has been miles better and if Taylor shows Brambles kind of improvement then we are going to have two very good CB's..

i take it you all mean that bramble has been better playing CB than taylor has at RB or LB?  unsurprising that eh?

i asked earlier if anyone can tell me a better english prospect at his his age and position right now - i'm still waiting....

Exactly.

:rolleyes:

So people are STILL living on the lie that Titus is turning the corner, and is actually a top class defender underneath it all. Five years on and people are still relying on a useless non-fact.

No. He has periods of a season where he'll play really well. Like now. Then be abnormally shit for the rest of it.

Taylor has his flaws but he has been playing consistently almost all season. I say almost - you cannot criticise his improvement. On returning from a long injury, he was rubbish at the start of the season. It took him a month or two to regain his form. He improved dramatically as the season progressed.

He's not as good as many on here make him out to be. Many still believe the hype of him having the potential to be an England captain. Because he's young and English, I'd accept anything around 8-10 million for him, but no less.