Ronaldo Luis Nazário de Lima

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Ronaldo or Obafemi Martins?

Hmm, I know which way I'm leaning.

Does it have to be one or the other? Surely its more Ronaldo or Sibierski at the moment? I know which I would go for.

Can't claim to know what our funds are but given Roeders targets in January I would guess we had a bit to spend.

Who were? ;)

Well I cant be arsed to dig up the quotes now but im pretty sure he confirmed an interest in Babel? and probably a few others players who wouldn't have come for free. Plus didn't he confirm he tried to sign Huth in the summer?

Can't claim to know what our funds are but given Roeders targets in January I would guess we had a bit to spend.

Who were? ;)

Well I cant be arsed to dig up the quotes now but im pretty sure he confirmed an interest in Babel? and probably a few others players who wouldn't have come for free. Plus didn't he confirm he tried to sign Huth in the summer?

You forgot your lover Jon. ;)

Guest alijmitchell

Signing Ronaldo would have only curtailed Ameobi's development anyway, so it is for the best.

Curtailed ameobi's development? What development?

Heard Spurs are willing to sell Robbie Keane. How much would you be willing to pay for him? 7m MAX for me even though he's quality, because even though he would compliment Martins quite well imo, it's just not worth investing a hefty some of cash for another striker, there are other priorities that need sorting out.

Heard Spurs are willing to Robbie Keane. How much would you be willing to pay for him? 7m MAX for me even though he's quality, because even though he would compliment Martins quite well imo, it's just not worth investing a hefty some of cash for another striker, there are other priorities that need sorting out.

I've been reading the comments of those who prioritise signing a striker and (in the main) shaking my head, but Robbie Keane is exactly the kind of player that makes me see their logic.

As HTL said about the Duff signing - transfers are about availability, and if Keane is available we should snap him up, because he is quality.

We all know our number one priority is a left back, but after this... what? If Keane was available for a reasonable price (I'll say 7-9m) should we sign him ahead of a left back? No, but ahead of a centre half, centre midfielder or right back, I would say yes.

Of course, it also depends on how big the transfer pot is too...

Guest WalkervilleMag

our wage v Turnover ratio is almost 70% at the moment,  Ronaldo would of pushed that up to almost 80%.  He aint got the fitness to play premiership football now, Italian league is slow which suits him down to the ground.

Signing Ronaldo would have only curtailed Ameobi's development anyway, so it is for the best.

Curtailed ameobi's development? What development?

Maybe he's doing his AAT, and only one player is allowed to do that at any one time?

Certainly can't be development as a footballer, because Shola is only one of them by default.

• 1 month later...
Guest Alan Shearer 9

Scored a brace the other day, and has since added a few stunners to his repetoire of great goals.

Too fat and s*** for newcastle, has a 1 in 1 ratio for AC, and scored a screamer against Inter the other day. Thoughts?

Nah he would fit right in :lol:

Guest clarkyshan

Too fat and s*** for newcastle, has a 1 in 1 ratio for AC, and scored a screamer against Inter the other day. Thoughts?

Aye, because we actually turned him down or had any real chance of getting him... or were even interested. The Brazilian Viduka anyway.

More chance of getting him than Hitzfeld. It's not the fact of whether we would have or not, more the fact that everyone on here slated him.

How many Champions Leagues has fatty won, eh, eh? None, that's how many. While others (namely wor Otty) were winning big ears (TWICE), Ron the scone man was stuffing his face with a paella and watching Youtube clips of himself when he was 21, in his fuckingh socks, while having visions of dancing around a pole for Freddy Shepherd in some seedy club, ala Alan Patridge.

Mind, there are some right c***s on the forum, who would probably rather have Collins John over the fat one, or LUQUE!!!1 lol

Numpties

might not of won the champions league but two world cups and world player of the year three times is canny going for a fat lad.