Louis Van Gaal is a grade A.....

Guest Hodgson09

Just do not take him all too seriously really. In Holland his straightforwardness does not make him very popular as well, though he is also known as one of the most honoust people.  You just hate him or you love him.

typical me to be awkward...i'm quite indifferent to him

Guest smoggeordie

Just do not take him all too seriously really. In Holland his straightforwardness does not make him very popular as well, though he is also known as one of the most honoust people.  You just hate him or you love him.

Aye well Marmite man hasn't got many friends over here now.

“When you look at Martins, in my eyes he is one of the best strikers at the moment, in this League and maybe Europe as well,”

“He is flexible, he is fast and he can shoot with both feet. He has got talent, but he is not really playing at a top European club at the moment. Maybe Newcastle are a top club, but they have not had success in years.”

That's all he said.  He didn't "urge Martins to leave" like the newspaper said at all.  Everything he said is true.

“When you look at Martins, in my eyes he is one of the best strikers at the moment, in this League and maybe Europe as well,”

“He is flexible, he is fast and he can shoot with both feet. He has got talent, but he is not really playing at a top European club at the moment. Maybe Newcastle are a top club, but they have not had success in years.”

That's all he said.  He didn't "urge Martins to leave" like the newspaper said at all.  Everything he said is true.

For a Troll, you are acting with remarkable sanity. :thup:

Guest Knightrider

I would "gamble" on him here tbh.

I think it would be Gullit all over again, great coach, but don't think he's the greatest of managers, OK if you have wonderful technical players to work with but when you're dealing with the Brambles of this world...

Could be another souness...

He's very single minded and takes no shit from anyone so this could lead to friction...

When he was at Barcelona his coaching was second to none (he had jose in tandem aswell...).

It's not just NUFC he's blathering on about either - is he going for "Rent-a-quote of the week?"

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=414441&cc=3436

AZ Alkmaar coach Louis van Gaal has said he would be interested in coaching the Australian national team, but stated that it's 'not possible' to win the World Cup with the current squad.

The former Barcelona and Ajax boss has enjoyed success at all the clubs that he has led, and his current contract with Dutch side AZ ends in 2008.

The 55-year-old said that he felt he has yet to achieve his international ambitions, following an unsuccessful spell as Holland coach from 2000-2002, but that the Socceroos may not be able to help him fulfill them.

'I'm always interested in a very good job and I think coaching the Australia team is a very exciting job because I have failed with Holland in 2002 and I want to participate in the World Cup, because I have won everything else,' he told SBS television in Australia.

'I have also other options and I have to decide. I want to win, always, and I think it's not possible to win with the Australian team at the World Cup. It's exciting to do that but I want to win the trophy and there are other countries at a higher level than the Australian team is now.'

Van Gaal is aware that he would have big shoes to fill as compatriot Guus Hiddink, who qualified the Australians for the World Cup in Germany last year, led the team into the finals for the first time in 32 years.

'The level now in Australia is not as high like Argentina or Spain so if I sign for Australia then I know it will be difficult to be the next world champion,' he said.

'But the ambition is to do better than Guus Hiddink did, but that's difficult because I believe Hiddink did a marvellous job.

'There are many good players in Australia but I think, always, a good base is very important so I think it's very good that there is now a professional championship in Australia but we have to wait for a longer time for the development of the players.'

It's not possible for Australia to win the World Cup, eh Louis? Well shit, thanks for telling us that, because we were all pumped up thinking the Socceroos winning in 2010 was a certainty... :rolleyes:

Be lucky to even qualify tbh.

There I was all fired up, full of vitriol - and then saw it was you sir :lol:

In all honesty we won't even have the first idea until the (northern) summer when the Asian Cup kicks off - but current coach Graham Arnold makes Glenn Roeder look like a decisive tactical genius. Would love Louis van Gaal but we (Australia) may as well wish for Sir Alex Ferguson or Fabio Capello...

The same might apply to NUFC too...

Guest Gemmill

Be lucky to even qualify tbh.

There I was all fired up, full of vitriol - and then saw it was you sir :lol:

;)