Souness to buy.....

Guest rosstoon

Guest rosstoon

Southampton. What are your thoughts. He seems to have money and wants to satay in the game in some capacity. Maybe this will bne better than being a manager.

Guest Gemmill

Southampton. What are your thoughts. He seems to have money and wants to satay in the game in some capacity. Maybe this will bne better than being a manager.

Is he doing the club catering then?

Is he doing the club catering then?

Beat me to it

Guest rosstoon

Comin gout of Southampton Today is that it is him. But not too sure if he has other backing. hes been at the past 2 games and is expected there mid aftrenoon today.

He was leading a consortium when he was after Wolves.  O0

SOUNESS TO BUY WOLVES

While the football headlines increasingly look familiar and unremarkable to a jaded WTPS, we've got to admit we didn't see The Daily Mirror's back page coming. In fact, 'SOUNESS RAISED BY WOLVES' seems an entirely more plausible headline but until that exclusive breaks lets stick with this one:

'GRAEME Souness is making a shock bid to buy Wolves from owner Sir Jack Hayward in a £20million deal.'

Yep, having presumably decided that the best way to avoid getting sacked again was to actually become the chairman of a club himself, Souness is leading a Niall Quinn style consortium. And he's got big plans for the faded giant that is Wolves. Decades of underachievement have seen Wolves left behind the Premiership sides despite a large fanbase. Souness's plan involves a very quick takeover to get investment into the club and secure promotion this season. However, it also involves keeping Mick McCarthy as manager.

hope he employs a manager he wants to sack who hangs on for grim death for his compensation

Don't you mean you hope he's stupid enough to give a shite manager a three year deal and a fortune to spend? :razz:

hope he employs a manager he wants to sack who hangs on for grim death for his compensation

Don't you mean you hope he's stupid enough to give a shite manager a three year deal and a fortune to spend? :razz:

do you think Southampton will have fans stupid enough to back him when he sells their best players ?

do you think Southampton will have fans stupid enough to back him when he sells their best players ?

Isn't selling players the manager's role?  :coolsmiley:

Guest Morph

Good luck to the guy.  No reason he can't do well.

He may've done crap here, but i still think he's a good guy and wish him luck.

Tin hats at the ready...

Guest Morph

The man is still a legend in my eyes.  A proper football man.  Good luck to him in this endeavour.

:sign12:

Isn't selling players the manager's role?  :coolsmiley:

eerrr.....yes it is, but it doesn't mean fans can't have a mind of their own, and judgment of their own rather than ave their heads up their arse saying something because the next guy does

The man is still a legend in my eyes.  A proper football man.  Good luck to him in this endeavour.

Personally, I wish you were joking.

Good luck to the guy.  No reason he can't do well.

He may've done crap here, but i still think he's a good guy and wish him luck.

The man is a pile of s****, I hope every penny he owns goes on this venture if he takes it on, if he ends up pennyless I'll have an excuse for a night out, I hate the b****** for what he's done to our club, burning in hell wouldn't do him justice.

Personally, I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire.