Will we be able to keep our star striker Martins?

Guest nufc 4 life
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone just hear the nugget on the Legends slagging him off? Sounded like a decent bloke till they asked him his "most disappointing player of the season". :D

That dipshit John Helm on Five keeps referring to him as a player that we still 'haven't taken to'.

Anyone just hear the nugget on the Legends slagging him off? Sounded like a decent bloke till they asked him his "most disappointing player of the season". :D

That dipshit John Helm on Five keeps referring to him as a player that we still 'haven't taken to'.

I'm not sure the kid could have done any more this season, realistically. Some people want their fucking heads knocking together.

My mate, the Boro fan who sees plenty of us, says he'd be embarrassed if Boro fans were going on like that over a top class player.

I'm not sure the kid could have done any more this season, realistically. Some people want their f****** heads knocking together.

My mate, the Boro fan who sees plenty of us, says he'd be embarrassed if Boro fans were going on like that over a top class player.

a mate of mine just wouldn't have anything to do with him at first, wouldn't accept that his continuing good performances were in fact good and his goals ratio was pretty good for a first season - he openly admitted it was simply that he cost 10m, he said if he'd cost 3m he'd be in love with the lad

there's perhaps an element of this in martins and some people not being convinced; the size of his fee commanding comparisons to luque and other expensive let downs, the feeling that if he's successful he'll either want to leave or will be simply taken from us....

my mates rational was if he cost 10m then he SHOULD be banging in goals and it's nothing to go mental about, just 'cause other people we spent fortunes on don't!!  fair point really...what does 10m buy you these days?  have we bought someone who has doubled or trebled in value in the last 8 months or so?  i'm not sure myself.....

i can't get beyond the fact that if his name was darren bent and he'd done what he'd done this season for us in the team he's had to endure we'd all be getting tatoos of him on our legs...not suggesting that it's a racist thing, merely a foreign import thing

by the way i love the lad, hope he stays forever and leaves a legend....

Guest nufc 4 life

valencia are reportedly interested now because they are resigned to losing David Villa in the summer

Guest Sniffer

Depends what Valencia get for villa and are willing to pay for martins. If it's daft money for villa I'd expect the same and anything in excess of 20 mill and I'd say he'd be gone and that would be a good deal for us.

And good news for the ameobi lovers on the board as they'll see their hero week in and bloody week out.