Saviola resigned to Barca exit (probably on a free)

Guest nufc 4 life

Guest nufc 4 life

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=453880&CPID=23&clid=178&lid=10&title=Saviola+resigned+to+Barca+exit

Javier Saviola has conceded he does not expect to stay at Barcelona next season.

The Argentine striker is a free agent at the end of the season when his contract with the Spanish giants expires and as yet he has not received any offer of a new deal.

Saviola is resigned to leaving Camp Nou with a number of clubs thought to be waiting in the wings to sign the diminutive forward.

"I think it will be difficult for me to continue with Barcelona," said Saviola.

"My first option is to stay, but the club still hasn't made an offer to me.

"If the situation does not change it is normal that I will leave the club."

Barcelona's sporting director Txiki Beguiristain also cast doubt over Saviola's future by revealing his contract situation was not a priority for the club.

"It is still too soon to speak about the subject of Saviola," said Beguiristain.

"It is still not a priority for us."

would snap him up on a free la liga 6 games 5 goals international friendlies 1 game 1 goal and champions league 1 game 0 goals

He's seemed to be on the brink of a move to England for the past two summers. Would definitely like to see him in this league. I don't understand why Barca don't play him more.

Doesnt suit their style/formation. Hes too lightweight to be up front on his own, ie Eto'o's position.

Not sure how effective he'd be in the Premiership, though I reckon he'd be class for Arsenal's passing game.

Sign him up then. He should work great with Parka restored to the DM position next season, where he is world class and the hub of our brilliant passing game.

Guest teepee

good player - but a strike force of owen, martins and saviola doesn't even stack up to the height of most strikers....

damien duff again - don't really need him but lets get him anyway 'cause he's available

forget saviola and start scouring for full backs, that'd make more sense

I agree. Full backs is priority.  Would be nice to have him on our books tho.

Owen, Martins and Saviola - three up front.

Would scare any defence ...on paper. We'd probably rack up the highest numbers of offsides aswell

damien duff again - don't really need him but lets get him anyway 'cause he's available

forget saviola and start scouring for full backs, that'd make more sense

when roeder said one of his targets was to be a player who can play either side,experienced but with a few years left most people thought  ok good idea.,milner was on his way after so duff could have played there aswell.

agree with the second sentence.

he does seem to play better whenever hes dropping off into midfield, so he might provide an alternative.

Agree.

I remember seeing him in this position roming off Patrick Kluivert at Barca and he was great in this position, seems to have lost his way since however maybe due to lack of a consistent run.

I would love Roeder to buy him to rotate Michael Owen, Obafemi Martins, Saviola and use particularly Saviola in European games next season i think he should plan similarly with Emre next season using the rejuvenated Nicky Butt and Parker more in the Premiership.

From Roeder's quotes he seems to have great faith in Ameobi tho, rightly so i suspose after last season performances for Glen so i can't see much chance of us going for Saviola or any other Big name striker next Summer.

Guest magpies_rawk

eidur would be more accesible than eto'o (duh) and would be a class act for us. Great vision, technique and finishing.

Forget saviola, he'd be expensive in terms of wages and wouldn't be guaranteed 1st team football.