The emotion?

TêteDeMaure

Just had it out with the computer repair technician who phoned to say they are going to mess me about on the repair I need for an additional 3-5 days.  I pretended it was Titus Bramble putting on an American accent.  Helped actually. 

Now I'm going to mope around my flat, drink a bit, and use this latest senseless, embarassing cup defeat as an excuse to avoid doing the term paper I have to start/finish.

I accept it. The run was going to end sometime. I didn't think we'd win it/get to the final.

I'm used to being dissapointed, so I'll be angry and frustrated for a while, and at some point tomorrow it'll ease and I'll move on from it.

There's no point in dwelling, because if you do you'll be like that for a lot of the time.

Don't expect, don't get your hopes up too much, but always hope that things will improve and at sometime before you die, NUFC might just suprise you.

I once heard someone say that Keegan is to blame, because he made us dream and get our hopes up! It's true!

But I'd take another 'Keegan' style period all over again in a shot.

I knew that pen would come back to haunt us. And it did.

blueyes.gif

At the match itself, I was as pissed off as I've been all season. Everything about that penalty said "hard luck" and it just carried right through.

Pen didn't haunt us

We only needed 1 goal tonight, our ineptness haunts us

But we wouldn't have needed that one goal if the penalty hadn't resulted in a goal...

Guest Knightrider

Seriously? I'm not even bothered, I won't allow the club to piss me off after a defeat, even as bad as this one, I feel normal, not sad, not elated, just normal, as if we haven't even played a match tbh. I don't know what all that means but I've been like this for a long time now whenever we lose, and even when we win, the buzz or whatever doesn't last that long like it used to. I actually get more pissed off these days about the little things, like long balls, wasted corners, wasted throw-ins. I care of course, but we lost a match again, we fucked up again, we've embarrassed ourselves again, we've failed again, in one ear and out the other, just so used to it now, it really doesn't bother me.

Guest andynufc84

only thing im looking forward to is owen-martins partnership.....f*** europe qualification...

No good without a midfield to provide the quality and a defence capable of keeping the opposition out

Seriously? I'm not even bothered, I won't allow the club to piss me off after a defeat, even as bad as this one, I feel normal, not sad, not elated, just normal, as if we haven't even played a match tbh. I don't know what all that means but I've been like this for a long time now whenever we lose, and even when we win, the buzz or whatever doesn't last that long like it used to. I actually get more pissed off these days about the little things, like long balls, wasted corners, wasted throw-ins. I care of course, but we lost a match again, we fucked up again, we've embarrassed ourselves again, we've failed again, in one ear and out the other, just so used to it now, it really doesn't bother me.

Similar here. I can feel the anger inside of me and I feel like snapping, but I'm becoming conditioned enough to tuck it away and keep a level head. It's more hard work than it's worth getting upset at yet another exit from a cup competition.

Seriously? I'm not even bothered, I won't allow the club to piss me off after a defeat, even as bad as this one, I feel normal, not sad, not elated, just normal, as if we haven't even played a match tbh. I don't know what all that means but I've been like this for a long time now whenever we lose, and even when we win, the buzz or whatever doesn't last that long like it used to. I actually get more pissed off these days about the little things, like long balls, wasted corners, wasted throw-ins. I care of course, but we lost a match again, we f***** up again, we've embarrassed ourselves again, we've failed again, in one ear and out the other, just so used to it now, it really doesn't bother me.

Describes me tbh,not botherd by anything we do this season..yet somehow today i realised just how far we slipped away from the SBR days..

only thing im looking forward to is owen-martins partnership.....f*** europe qualification...

I actually think that will be entertaining if only to watch these two midgets trying to get on the end of whatever aimless long balls Bramble, Given, Taylor or Carr decide to hoof forward. 

I'm fucking livid. I've chilled out a bit now, but I was getting slowly more and more angry as the second half wore on: it's was so Newcastle United. It's like punching yourself, realising it hurts, but then going on to repeatedly punch yourself in the face.

Similar here. I can feel the anger inside of me and I feel like snapping, but I'm becoming conditioned enough to tuck it away and keep a level head. It's more hard work than it's worth getting upset at yet another exit from a cup competition.

Agreed.

I'm fucking livid. I've chilled out a bit now, but I was getting slowly more and more angry as the second half wore on: it's was so Newcastle United. It's like punching yourself, realising it hurts, but then going on to repeatedly punch yourself in the face.

Agreed. We came close a couple of times, but not once did I ever think we'd actually get through. And I don't mean towards the end, I mean for the entire 90 minutes. I shouldn't be feeling like that when we'd won the home leg 4-2. I'm just used to it, so, so used to it.

Yeah i'm pretty cool at the mo....This and the brum game (2 of the biggest disappointments this season) have seemed to jsut wash over me...I have come to the conclusion that Football manager has taken my anger out of football. I got so fucking at that fucking piece of shit game everytime stupid shit like this happened..but then i had the epipheny that its not HUGELY important...

...and from then on its just been easier to accept loses and out typical newcastle-ness....

Agreed.

Sorry lads, but you'll have to go. We can't have this kind of apathy affecting the players and fellow supporters.

Arf. :buck2:

I usually get over it pretty quick but when things are going a bit shit in your personal life as they are for me at the moment witnessing this crap as we did tonight seems to just cement my mood even more.  :( :buck2:

Certainly have respect for those who are keeping cool.

Personally, i can't help but be absolutely devastated. Unfortunately i've not seen it happen, over and over again, as many times as a lot of people on here.

Guest smoggeordie

Personally, i can't help but be absolutely devastated. Unfortunately i've not seen it happen, over and over again, as many times as a lot of people on here.

Yes i'm upset about the result but devastated? One of my best friends mates killed themselves yesterday. He is devastated.

Puts it into perspective really.

btw not picking on you Yorkie, just in general.

I'm just going all out to take my mind off football for a few days. Hard when I'm currently posting on a football forum but I'm trying to not get emotional, just share the thoughts I've got.

^ Doesn't make sense but I don't care right now.

Guest smoggeordie

I'm just going all out to take my mind off football for a few days. Hard when I'm currently posting on a football forum but I'm trying to not get emotional, just share the thoughts I've got.

^ Doesn't make sense but I don't care right now.

Charlton away on Sunday fella ;)

Yes i'm upset about the result but devastated? One of my best friends mates killed themselves yesterday. He is devastated.

Puts it into perspective really.

btw not picking on you Yorkie, just in general.

Hmm. I'm only a kid and have barely had any major life issues to deal with. That's the reality of it, just being completely honest. I haven't. Newcastle United dominates a hefty segment of my life.

Only being honest.