Shay Given At Fault For Both Goals

The College Dropout

I've been saying for a long time that Shay's line dwelling costs us goals.

Practically all the defenders played a part in their first goal but the ball travelled across the 6 yard box where Shay should really come off his line.

Similar story with the second goal. From the position of the header any shot on target would most likely go in.

Shay has always played a part in our poor defensive displays.

Guest robertbobo

Couldn't agree more and it's a regular thing. Yes, he has the spectacular saves which time and again overshadow his total lack of being able to command his six yard box. Believe me if he was that good he have been off somewhere else a long time ago.

Couldn't agree more and it's a regular thing. Yes, he has the spectacular saves which time and again overshadow his total lack of being able to command his six yard box. Believe me if he was that good he have been off somewhere else a long time ago.

Shit argument.

He IS at fault at times, but not as much as his defence.

As for going somewhere else if he was good, what about Shearer? Or ir staht different, because some fans (incorrectly) believe he was a god?

The Shay-bashing always shows up after every bad defeat.

I won't even bother bandering about the useless "world class" debate, but I don't think anyone here can disagree that his saves for us FAR outnumber his mistakes. End of.

I won't even bother bandering about the useless "world class" debate, but I don't think anyone here can disagree that his saves for us FAR outnumber his mistakes. End of.

Aye he does good stuff, but fact is, he is a prima donna. Football is a team game, and he never plays his part in the team, instead just living off his own individual moments of brilliance, which is why we'll never win anything while he is between the sticks.

In my eyes, there is no difference between Shay Given and Laurent Robert.

Aye he does good stuff, but fact is, he is a prima donna. Football is a team game, and he never plays his part in the team, instead just living off his own individual moments of brilliance, which is why we'll never win anything while he is between the sticks.

You must REALLY hate Babayaro, Carr, Bramble, Ameobi etc, then

Guest Gemmill

Most Improved Poster 2006.  Just how fucking bad were you prior to that?

You must REALLY hate Babayaro, Carr, Bramble, Ameobi etc, then

None frustrate me so much as Given though, he could be the best keeper in the world if he had the correct application in the game.

Trouble is, I think the Premiership is riddled with shit keepers (the British and Irish ones), and Shay is easily good enough to be better than them all, although Foster is now really coming through pretty well. In fact other shit keepers make Given look world class.

We need to look abroad, there are good keepers out there who maybe aren't as good at shotstopping, but have a much better all round game.

Do you actually know waht a prima donna is? Shay is a model professional, yes he has his faults but some of the shit that is posted on this board sometimes! Jesus Wept!

Is Martins a prima donna because he often scores special goals but doesn't get 3 assists every game?

Do you actually know waht a prima donna is? Shay is a model professional, yes he has his faults but some of the shit that is posted on this board sometimes! Jesus Wept!

Is Martins a prima donna because he often scores special goals but doesn't get 3 assists every game?

To be honest, I think we have over eleven prima donnas playing for us, which is way too many.

perhaps Prima Donna is the wrong word to use.

Perhaps I should call them individuals.

Right now, we have a team of individuals rather than a team. Given is an individual, not a team player. We need to builsd a team, starting from the back, and for me, Given is expendable if we could sign someone like Ben Foster, or even Man City's Isaksson.

Guest Gemmill

I don't know whether to take you seriously or not T27, but whether I do or don't is immaterial because you're talking shit either way. As per usual.

Right now, we have a team of individuals rather than a team. Given is an individual, not a team player. We need to builsd a team, starting from the back, and for me, Given is expendable if we could sign someone like Ben Foster, or even Man City's Isaksson.

i want to keep Given, but get rid of Championshipplayers like Shambles, Babayaro etc, and get GOOD defenders in.

Given is the last man we should be blaming right now

Our defence is fucking disgrace and Given saved us so many times that for all of you who are criticising Shay Given i wiill say only i thing:

Fuck off

i want to keep Given, but get rid of Championshipplayers like Shambles, Babayaro etc, and get GOOD defenders in.

Defenders is the obvious first logical step, but that would be last chance saloon for Given, he'd have to gel with his back four as a unit, and if he didn't, I'd have him sold.