NAC Breda fans?

TêteDeMaure

Just read a snippet on the bottom from Nufc.com.

''One other Dutch club was visibly represented in our end though - the NAC Breda lads once again turning out to support the Toon with their yellow banner and shirts, as they had in Eindhoven etc. ''

Erm, why?

It's because we're the best club in the world, darling.

Duely noted. Totally forgot. I've had a hard enough time supporting my own club this season, so are they complete loons or what?

You thought English fans hate each other?

Always happen in other country's,Barca fans supporting teams playing Real,Inter fans supporting teams that play against Milan (and vice versa)..

Edit : reading my post,i just realised how way of topic it is..

Anyway,just something i wanted to add along time ago..

They must have made some friends with some of our lot when we played them in the UEFA Cup. It's not rocket science.

So they pop along to our games? I'm friendly with mackems, a smog, a cockney spur and i'm not fans of the clubs. Not to mention it seems a bit far to travel specifically to support another team from a foreign country.

This is a strange phenomenon. I know that there are a lot of NEC Nijmegen fans who support Fulham for some reason, and a lot of Groningen fans who support Villa, now with the NAC Breda fans and Newcastle, there seems to be some weird pattern emerging.

Oddly enough, i was driving up the M40 this afternoon and passed a flotilla of about 20 Dutch cars, and my immediate thought was "I wonder which game they are off to see tomorrow?".

It's because we're the best club in the world, darling.

Duely noted. Totally forgot. I've had a hard enough time supporting my own club this season, so are they complete loons or what?

You thought English fans hate each other?

Always happen in other country's,Barca fans supporting teams playing Real,Inter fans supporting teams that play against Milan (and vice versa)..

Edit : reading my post,i just realised how way of topic it is..

Anyway,just something i wanted to add along time ago..

Again, i want the team playing Sunderland to win, but i wouldn't pop down to say Cardiff to do such. Seems abit daft to me, especially going with Newcastle of all clubs.

Guest optimistic nit

This is a strange phenomenon. I know that there are a lot of NEC Nijmegen fans who support Fulham for some reason, and a lot of Groningen fans who support Villa, now with the NAC Breda fans and Newcastle, there seems to be some weird pattern emerging.

Oddly enough, i was driving up the M40 this afternoon and passed a flotilla of about 20 Dutch cars, and my immediate thought was "I wonder which game they are off to see tomorrow?".

fulham? even odder :lol:

Guest Morph

Because they are fans of the club, outside of supporting their own club of course.

Niothing worse than "fans" of more than one club.

tut tut....

Guest Morph

Because they are fans of the club, outside of supporting their own club of course.

tut tut....

i know, they make me tut as well.

Whats wrong with them then?

I ag

tut tut....

Its fundamentally wrong.

I agree.  But nothing wrong with what breda are doing.  Took a liking to us, and hate az, so they support us v az.

I nearly (and wish i did) went to the Palace mackems play off game at SoL in the palace end.

I ag

tut tut....

Its fundamentally wrong.

I agree.  But nothing wrong with what breda are doing.  Took a liking to us, and hate az, so they support us v az.

I nearly (and wish i did) went to the Palace mackems play off game at SoL in the palace end.

i've nothing against what they are doing, thats their business. What gets me is the seeming acceptance of a fan having 2 clubs. urhgh.

Guest Roland

NAC Fan reporting. ;)

Was not in Alkmaar. After the NAC Breda - NUFC game, I have visited NUFC twice after. Charlton - NUFC in the same season and PSV - NUFC (UEFA Cup) a year after.  I know that several other people have done the same.

For you, it was just a easy first round game, for us it was one of the biggest games in history, and maybe we will have to wait  20 years or more to reach Europe again.

But, to be fair, I think it is not needed to show NAC Breda colours when NUFC plays another NL club.