Do You Agree With Roeder ?

Rebellious
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest nyscooby

AK were fast, coordinated and outsmarted every tactic we threw at them, which wasnt many...

Blame lies with Roeder, our team is full of capable, but mainly underachivers.

We need better coaches and a better manager.

I think this is Roeder's most shocking comment so far as a newcastle manager

Yes the defence played bad but before the Boro game we havent been able to keep clean sheet for about 15 games or more.Everybody knows that our defence is shit and this season they played alot worse games like the one againt AZ.

Against Birmingam we lost to a championship side,conceding 5 goals at home.

I think after that game Roeder had more right to critise the defence not against AZ

I think his point blaming the defence was to get the fault of his chest and put it to the defence

He knew that if we get out of the UEFA cup our season is over so after the game he put the plame to our defence

Given,Solano,Bramble,Taylor,Hunty

From this 5 i think the one who will get the real blame is Bramble.I think Roeder after that game lost all kind of faith on him and he will be out in the summer for sure imo

I cant understand why he didnt change anything after AZ scored the 2nd goal?

He is a joke and cant take risks.He is utter shit

Against Tottenham at the end of the game Mourihno was playing with 3 strikers-Shevchenko,Drogba,Kalou and also SWP and Robben.Thats what i called taking a risk.We all know what Chelsea did at the 2nd half

I think if Roeder was man enough he should have said that AZ outplayed us and the whole team was poor not just the defence

To sum it up i think Roeder is mouse and cant be man enough to say the truth

I don't blame the defenders and have been saying this for ages.

Problem is an inability to move forward, or move the ball, and keep it, and attempt to dominate the pace of the game and keep better possession.

This primarily happens up front, supporting the forward too often [singular, therein lies the problem], and Roeder doesn't help himself by refusing to choose between Butt and Parker.

We were beaten and knocked out on thursday by a team who had pace, movement and kept better possession than us, so outplaying us.

You don't blame the defenders, get a grip.

Hunty was shite in defence, Bramble and Taylor had poor games, all defenders, or do you see it differently?

I am talking about a general problem which has been there all season. So, yes, I do. If you think that buying a better defender or two will enable the team to pass, move and force the pace of the game and dominate games more, then you should get a grip.

Anyway, you spend enough time telling people - or me- that we don't have the money, so - get a grip.

The vast majority of goals that teams concede are errors, but the bigger picture is a team problem, because you defend from the front and we are doing ourselves no favours by being poor in possession and giving the ball away cheaply all over the pitch.

Players at this level CAN pass. They CAN compress play, they DO understand how to move forward as a unit........I wonder what the problem could be then?

Not well enough at this level ?

Or a poorly setup team with no quality up front ?

There's nowt worse for ANY defence than spending too much time desperately defending, which is what happened on thursday, and has happened too many times this season, especially against the better teams.

Playing these teams and forcing the game on them, and holding the possession over them, is the day we are matching them.

For me this is the core of the problem. Roeder doesn't really know how to get a team to play to a style consistently, I suspect he has a general idea who should be doing what, but beyond that he is incapable of stamping some kind of cohesive vision on our game.

I think his main problem, lately, has been lacking the courage to choose between Parker and Butt. If he does that, the shape of the team is different. And fairly obviously, Zoggy should be starting instead of Duff, who Roeder is being too loyal to now, and we need to find out why he isn't performing the way he has in the past.

In spite of the Dutch being a team of quality, we had gained a 2 goal lead and could have got through, if we had played better and scored a goal, and the chances of doing so would have been raised a lot with a properly balanced and more offensive midfield. Assuming the players also turned up of course, which didn't happen - again.

Problem is an inability to move forward, or move the ball, and keep it, and attempt to dominate the pace of the game and keep better possession.

This primarily happens up front, supporting the forward too often [singular, therein lies the problem], and Roeder doesn't help himself by refusing to choose between Butt and Parker.

We were beaten and knocked out on thursday by a team who had pace, movement and kept better possession than us, so outplaying us.

Hunty was s**** in defence, Bramble and Taylor had poor games, all defenders, or do you see it differently?

I am talking about a general problem which has been there all season. So, yes, I do. If you think that buying a better defender or two will enable the team to pass, move and force the pace of the game and dominate games more, then you should get a grip.

Anyway, you spend enough time telling people - or me- that we don't have the money, so - get a grip.

The vast majority of goals that teams concede are errors, but the bigger picture is a team problem, because you defend from the front and we are doing ourselves no favours by being poor in possession and giving the ball away cheaply all over the pitch.

Players at this level CAN pass. They CAN compress play, they DO understand how to move forward as a unit........I wonder what the problem could be then?

There's nowt worse for ANY defence than spending too much time desperately defending, which is what happened on thursday, and has happened too many times this season, especially against the better teams.

Playing these teams and forcing the game on them, and holding the possession over them, is the day we are matching them.

For me this is the core of the problem. Roeder doesn't really know how to get a team to play to a style consistently, I suspect he has a general idea who should be doing what, but beyond that he is incapable of stamping some kind of cohesive vision on our game.

I think his main problem, lately, has been lacking the courage to choose between Parker and Butt. If he does that, the shape of the team is different. And fairly obviously, Zoggy should be starting instead of Duff, who Roeder is being too loyal to now, and we need to find out why he isn't performing the way he has in the past.

In spite of the Dutch being a team of quality, we had gained a 2 goal lead and could have got through, if we had played better and scored a goal, and the chances of doing so would have been raised a lot with a properly balanced and more offensive midfield. Assuming the players also turned up of course, which didn't happen - again.

So basically you're saying Roeder hasn't got the bottle to make big decisions.

Are you still backing him?

That just about sums it up.

Hunty was shite in defence, Bramble and Taylor had poor games, all defenders, or do you see it differently?

Agree. Emre of Dyer have to play in the middle along with a DM whoever he chooses (I'd rather have Butt atm). There aren't enough juices flowing or grey matter ANYWHERE in this side it is solemely lacking any kind of leadership in any area. The bare level of acceptable creativity is gone as soon as Dyer or Emre don't start, Dyer especially has impressed me recently with his movement and calling for the ball and IMO the ATM role is primed for him if Emre isn't playing or is off form. I would have started Zoggy and Milner in that game.

I suspect Duff will never be the player he was 4/5 years ago again, although in saying that he has the qualities to make good contributions once we can get him start playing...IMO he will never be a matchwinner as he use to be...MOurinho sees this very quickly and gets rid of him. In Parker and Duff we have bought two players who had lost the ability to compete for a first team spot at their former clubs albeit Chelsea, we have whacked them on astronomical wages and it will a devils job getting rid or getting them to play at their best under the likes of Roeder.

No, wait. Now he is blaming a history of failure, a trait hard to shake!

That reverse has consigned United and its loyal following to another season without silverware, and though he cannot be held responsible for past failings at key moments on the big stages, Roeder is determined to instill a new winning culture within the club.

He told nufc.co.uk: "Thursday was a major disappointment but that result typified Newcastle United over the last 12 years or so.

"Over the next few years I have to break that mould of people seeing Newcastle in a winning position and then not delivering.

"Down the years it has been a Newcastle trait of not delivering and it has got to stop. And it's my responsibility to stop that."

Since returning to the top-flight in 1993, there have been countless occasions when Toon fans have cruelly seen silverware slip from their grasp

There was the agonising loss of the Premiership title race in 1995/96 despite at one stage having a huge points lead, the double disappointment of poor FA Cup Final performances in 1998 and 1999, and UEFA Cup exits at crucial moments to the likes of Marseille, Sporting Lisbon and now AZ Alkmaar

Roeder added: "There have been too many examples of the club throwing away winning leads and good positions and not being successful.

"It's been a case of when we've seen the finishing line, we've fallen away

"It's been a Newcastle trait. It's unacceptable, I hate it, but that has been the truth

"We've been in sight of the winning post so often and then collapsed. Thursday night was like that

"But it's my responsibility to put a stop to that over the coming years."

"It's " also, strangely enough, "been a Newcastle Glenn Roeder trait. It's unacceptable, I hate it, but that has been the truth."

There, fixed it for you.

That reverse has consigned United and its loyal following to another season without silverware, and though he cannot be held responsible for past failings at key moments on the big stages, Roeder is determined to instill a new winning culture within the club.

He told nufc.co.uk: "Thursday was a major disappointment but that result typified Newcastle United over the last 12 years or so.

"Over the next few years I have to break that mould of people seeing Newcastle in a winning position and then not delivering.

"Down the years it has been a Newcastle trait of not delivering and it has got to stop. And it's my responsibility to stop that."

Since returning to the top-flight in 1993, there have been countless occasions when Toon fans have cruelly seen silverware slip from their grasp

There was the agonising loss of the Premiership title race in 1995/96 despite at one stage having a huge points lead, the double disappointment of poor FA Cup Final performances in 1998 and 1999, and UEFA Cup exits at crucial moments to the likes of Marseille, Sporting Lisbon and now AZ Alkmaar

Roeder added: "There have been too many examples of the club throwing away winning leads and good positions and not being successful.

"It's been a Newcastle trait. It's unacceptable, I hate it, but that has been the truth

"We've been in sight of the winning post so often and then collapsed. Thursday night was like that

"It's " also, strangely enough, "been a Newcastle Glenn Roeder trait. It's unacceptable, I hate it, but that has been the truth."

There, fixed it for you.

:angry7:

Hunty was s**** in defence, Bramble and Taylor had poor games, all defenders, or do you see it differently?

what we want, is a manager who gets every decision right, every time.

I'd settle for a manager who can get the basics right every time and the tough decisions right some of the time.

So are you still backing Roeder?

Agree. Emre of Dyer have to play in the middle along with a DM whoever he chooses (I'd rather have Butt atm). There aren't enough juices flowing or grey matter ANYWHERE in this side it is solemely lacking any kind of leadership in any area. The bare level of acceptable creativity is gone as soon as Dyer or Emre don't start, Dyer especially has impressed me recently with his movement and calling for the ball and IMO the ATM role is primed for him if Emre isn't playing or is off form. I would have started Zoggy and Milner in that game.

I suspect Duff will never be the player he was 4/5 years ago again, although in saying that he has the qualities to make good contributions once we can get him start playing...IMO he will never be a matchwinner as he use to be...MOurinho sees this very quickly and gets rid of him. In Parker and Duff we have bought two players who had lost the ability to compete for a first team spot at their former clubs albeit Chelsea, we have whacked them on astronomical wages and it will a devils job getting rid or getting them to play at their best under the likes of Roeder.

Completely agree ref leadership. How has the team been allowed to evolve into a team without this ? Amazing. Who has been assessing the character of the players we have been buying.........don't tell me........the club is full of these "proper players"...blah blah blah

If Duff recovers the player he was, there is a case for playing Zoggy in a more central position, it may work it might not but he has expressed a desire to play there, and thats half the battle.

I think as well as a striker, we badly need an attacking midfield player, on the basis that Emre will go, he is limited, or he is a homer. Add that to Dyer and he needs to play a lot more yet to convince me he won't be injured and out again.

I accept we need a left back, but how much money we have depends on how much we have to spend on the forward players, although we could make a sale or two. We badly need a leader at the back, although Taylor has the potential to be a captain, and would benefit greatly from someone alongside him who would teach him the ropes. Ideally we could get a decent left back for a small fee who would be captain of the team in a vocal and leadership sense, and spend the rest on forward players.

I look at players like Barry Venison, who was a great leader of the defence. Possibly the best we've had in my time, people say Moncur was good, and of course he was, but he lacked pace, and Venison was a better footballer.

I'd settle for a manager who can get the basics right every time and the tough decisions right some of the time.

Oh, I've never said he was my number 1 choice, but I'm sure he has a "plan" anyway. So are you backing the "plan" mackems.gif

Roeder bought Martins, and he has not playerd Luque, and he has managed the new Butt, and he brought Given back, and he moved Solano to right back, and he hasn't played Bernard, and he has got more out of Milner, there's a few decisions for you.

We really need someone who will get every decision right though, and win every tournament we enter, right ?  mackems.gif

Unfortunately Roeder does not pick 'a team' He picks what he sees as his best 11 players. If they happened to contain 9 centre forwards then thats what he would play.

I have said it before on here, Butt and Parker should not play together, it should be one or the other. At the beginning of the season Roeder spoke of Parker being anothe Lampard but I do not see Parker as an attacking midfielder. I also fail to see his leadership qualities as captain.

Glen Roeder must have watched a different game to me on Thursday judging by his comments. " we created enough chances to win" he said, FFS we were played off the park. Yes the defence was crap but so were the rest of them. Martins scores spectacular goals but he is not a centre forward. He does not hold the ball up long enough or well enough to allow the support players to get forward. He is in too much of hurry to go racing forward and most times he loses posession. He would be better playing off a front man IMO and breaking from deep. Sibs is a trier but he is too one paced (dead slow) and worse still totally predictable.

We not only need defenders but we need balance, forwards who can hold the ball up, midfielders who can keep posession. If John Terry played in our team he would be run ragged and made to look ordinary.

But most of all we need a manager who doesn't wear blinkers, a manager who sees the big picture and has the tactical awareness to put together 11 players who compliment each other and play as a balanced compact unit.  To criticise his senior players openly to the press as he did is an absolute disgrace and damaging to the moral of the players.  I worry what will happen when Owen comes back, how will he fit in?  I fancy that Roeder will put out an even more disjointed side to accomodate his favourites.

AK were the first half decent side we played against in europe and we got stuffed. In the league we have been veery fortunate to win games we should have lost. I don't see our final league position being any higher than 13th or 14th, thrashed at home by Birmingham in the cup and Roeder honestly believes he has done well. Someone needs to tell him the facts of life

Oh, I've never said he was my number 1 choice, but I'm sure he has a "plan" anyway. So are you backing the "plan" mackems.gif

Roeder bought Martins, and he has not player Luque, and he has managed the new Butt, and he brought Given back, and he moved Solano to right back, there's a few decisions for you.

We really need someone who will get every decision right though, and win every tournament we enter, right ?  mackems.gif

Jesus Wept, he's done a great job! :lol:

Bringing Given back into the starting 11 was a masterstroke! :lol:

Nice to see you're still backing him then.

Unfortunately Roeder does not pick 'a team' He picks what he sees as his best 11 players. If they happened to contain 9 centre forwards then thats what he would play.

I have said it before on here, Butt and Parker should not play together, it should be one or the other. At the beginning of the season Roeder spoke of Parker being anothe Lampard but I do not see Parker as an attacking midfielder. I also fail to see his leadership qualities as captain.

Glen Roeder must have watched a different game to me on Thursday judging by his comments. " we created enough chances to win" he said, FFS we were played off the park. Yes the defence was crap but so were the rest of them. Martins scores spectacular goals but he is not a centre forward. He does not hold the ball up long enough or well enough to allow the support players to get forward. He is in too much of hurry to go racing forward and most times he loses posession. He would be better playing off a front man IMO and breaking from deep. Sibs is a trier but he is too one paced (dead slow) and worse still totally predictable.

We not only need defenders but we need balance, forwards who can hold the ball up, midfielders who can keep posession.  If John Terry played in our team he would be run ragged and made to look ordinary.

But most of all we need a manager who doesn't wear blinkers, a manager who sees the big picture and has the tactical awareness to put together 11 players who compliment each other and play as a balanced compact unit.  To criticise his senior players openly to the press as he did is an absolute disgrace and damaging to the moral of the players.  I worry what will happen when Owen comes back, how will he fit in?  I fancy that Roeder will put out an even more disjointed side to accomodate his favourites.

AK were the first half decent side we played against in europe and we got stuffed. In the league we have been veery fortunate to win games we should have lost. I don't see our final league position being any higher than 13th or 14th, thrashed at home by Birmingham in the cup and Roeder honestly believes he has done well. Someone needs to tell him the facts of life

Agree with most of that especially the bold bits.

Roeder bought Martins, and he has not player Luque, and he has managed the new Butt, and he brought Given back, and he moved Solano to right back, there's a few decisions for you.

Jesus Wept, he's done a great job! :lol:

Bringing Given back into the starting 11 was a masterstroke! :lol:

Nice to see you're still backing him then.

I wish you the best of luck in your quest to find the perfect manager who always makes the right decision. Good Luck. Be sure to inform the club when you find him.

Nice to see you acknowledge he has a "plan" - as you usually ignore something you can't disagree with.

There, fixed it for you.

:angry7:

Over a couple of months will be all thanks Glenda.

Souness had a plan too, I didn't have confidence in him to see it out either.

Nice to see you do have faith in Roeder, I'll be sure to remind you of it when it all goes belly up like you do to the people who backed Souness.

Nice to see you do have faith in Roeder, I'll be sure to remind you of it when it all goes belly up like you do to the people who backed Souness.

the difference being, they DID back Souness. Meanwhile, I will remind you, and your chums, who backed Martin O'Neill,

Alan Curbishley, Iain Dowie, Mike Newell and Stuart Pearce, to name some, when it all goes belly up.

Oh, wait a minute, it has already. And guess what - they all had "plans", which we didn't despite finishing above all of them. Whats your opinion on that .......  mackems.gif

Hopefully I won't have to remind you and all your idiotic chums what I've been saying about the current board who are running Newcastle United if they are replaced by a Bob Murray clone. But that is impossible .. :lol: :lol:

the difference being, they DID back Souness. Meanwhile, I will remind you, and your chums, who backed Martin O'Neill,

Alan Curbishley, Iain Dowie, Mike Newell and Stuart Pearce, to name some, when it all goes belly up.

Oh, wait a minute, it has already. And guess what - they all had "plans", which we didn't despite finishing above all of them. Whats your opinion on that .......  mackems.gif

Hopefully I won't have to remind you and all your idiotic chums what I've been saying about the current board who are running Newcastle United if they are replaced by a Bob Murray clone. But that is impossible .. :lol: :lol:

What are you on about? :idiot2:

AK were fast, coordinated and outsmarted every tactic we threw at them, which wasnt many...

Blame lies with Roeder, our team is full of capable, but mainly underachivers.

We need better coaches and a better manager.

Wrong. Shamles is not capable. He just isn't.

I`m suprised how many have backed GR and his comments, just looking at the poll. Its not about the whole season, just the AZ away leg.  If we were talking about the whole season then the defence, Attack, Glen and lack of the right transfers would be to blame. How many games have we lost where we have failed to even score one goal.  If the defence improved but GR and the attack didn`t we would be having a Souness season all over again. Low goals and lots of boring draws.