Can we please give GR the next transfer window to prove he's a decent manager?

Guest nufc 4 life

Based on the fact that we're hardly in a relegation dogfight.

I'm not going to list the reasons why i think he's a decent coach and is possibly a decent enough manager, partially because i just don't know. I just don't feel that we need to go through a managerial change. Things take time, that's all. We're still in a transitional period.

I'm happy to see him given the time to use the summer to do what he has to do. If he fucks up again, i'll be slating him bigtime, because we'll go nowhere. But things aren't crucially bad at the moment, and unless they are come a certain period of next season, i'd like to see him see out his contract. I don't see a clear and desperate need to sack him.

You have your opinion and you have mine.

I don't mind you having an opinion, I was just wondering what you based it on as I might have missed something.  It would appear that your opinion is based on hope, I've no problem with that other than that it's not a lot to really pin your hopes on.

I've based my opinions on hope before and have been let down every time, bar none.

I know we should of got through to the next round in the uefa cup, but we would of got Werder Bremen anyway so not much chance there, he has had to deal with the biggest injury list in the history of the EPL and has still got arguably our best striker out, along with our only other definitive striker in Ameobi. If GR proves his worth in this Summers transfer window then i think there is a chance he will be forgiven, once we get back Owen and Ameobi + Martins and possibly a new striker, we will have the strikeforce to scare any EPL defence, our midfield is very strong and with rumours that Sidwell is going to join for free in the summer is just going to improve it even more, especially if Emre leaves. GR has already expressed his determination to get defenders in during the summer and it looks like Bramble is going to get axed and finally FS has said GR has his full backing in the transfer window, so GR will not have the excuse of their was no money available.

I hope some of you agree with what i have said here let's support the lads until the end of the season, wait and see what GR can do in the summer and bear in mind he has bought one of europes best strikers in Martins for 10m could the biggest coup of last summers transfer window in Damien Duff for 5m which any manager would of taken although that seems to have backfired on him and seems to have pulled off quite a big coup in getting Gooch for us when supposedly the majority of Europes Elite had been rumored to be interested in signing him. So please don't lose faith, because however much i have been hurt by yesterdays loss i still haven't

started to read the first paragraph then i looked at my signature and it confirms what it says mackems.gif

Guest MaetihS

We should really get rid of GR in the summer or we will be stucked as also-rans and a worse club than the likes of Bolton for a long time going forward.  It is a rally saddening time now....will not be surprised if the likes of Martins want out as this club is heading no way but mid-table obscurity. 

I want Roeder out ASAP!, but I feel we should at least rid him at the end of the season, not before to get rid of him now would destabilise the team not that it's very stable at the moment but we should have a new Manager lined up to take over with his wish list already sorted. I think the best we can hope for is not to get relegated and try keep our position in mid table come the end of the season.

THAT is my opinion. I think he is a very capable coach - i think he knows how to improve players. And i think he has done a creditable job by steadying the ship that was sinking miserably under Souness, and he's still got Souness' squad to be fair, but for three arrivals (only one having worked out bigtime).

He's a capable coach, based on what?

I'm not going to list the reasons why i think he's a decent coach and is possibly a decent enough manager, partially because i just don't know. I just don't feel that we need to go through a managerial change. Things take time, that's all. We're still in a transitional period.

I'm happy to see him given the time to use the summer to do what he has to do. If he fucks up again, i'll be slating him bigtime, because we'll go nowhere. But things aren't crucially bad at the moment, and unless they are come a certain period of next season, i'd like to see him see out his contract. I don't see a clear and desperate need to sack him.

The managerial criteria at newcastle these days is:if you keep us from relegation fight you are capable coach :uglystupid2: :uglystupid2: :uglystupid2:

THAT is my opinion. I think he is a very capable coach - i think he knows how to improve players. And i think he has done a creditable job by steadying the ship that was sinking miserably under Souness, and he's still got Souness' squad to be fair, but for three arrivals (only one having worked out bigtime).

The managerial criteria at newcastle these days is:if you keep us from relegation fight you are capable coach :uglystupid2: :uglystupid2: :uglystupid2:

We've been pushing for Europe most of the season until now, tbh.

Apart from after the first league game of the season our highest league position this season has been 9th.

Not true, we were talking about relegation during November.

From that point on then. ;)

If anyone here says that*, from November to February, that they weren't thinking that we could get into Europe - then they're liars tbh. Europe's always been the target and, apart from the dreadful start, we've never been significantly far off.

People* were intent that we were better than Tottenham for God's sake.

*Apologies for generalising.

RODER SHOULDN'T BE IN A JOB TODAY.

Shepherd should have pedalled the fucking thick ignorant cockney cunt at the final whistle on Thursday..

That performance (like a fair few others this season) was woeful. Roeder is 100% to blame for our demise - helped by the useless twat at the back that a fair few on here want(ed) to be rewarded with a new contract.

And OBA?  As thick as whale spunk!

We are 6 points of 6th place and 6 points from 16th place

Couple of defeats and you will change your opinion of Roeder for sure

Guest nufc 4 life

part of the reason this fucking club has struggled so much is the fact that we have never had any foundations as soon as a manager starts to perform just below the bar they are sacked look a SBR we were 4th when the board sacked him and people who are calling for managers heads after 1.5 seasons don't help. I'm gald FS is for once sticking by his manager

part of the reason this f****** club has struggled so much is the fact that we have never had any foundations as soon as a manager starts to perform just below the bar they are sacked look a SBR we were 4th when the board sacked him and people who are calling for managers heads after 1.5 seasons don't help. I'm gald FS is for once sticking by his manager

SBR was proven manager

Roeder is a joke

We are not going to develop under him

part of the reason this f****** club has struggled so much is the fact that we have never had any foundations as soon as a manager starts to perform just below the bar they are sacked look a SBR we were 4th when the board sacked him and people who are calling for managers heads after 1.5 seasons don't help. I'm gald FS is for once sticking by his manager

and you my son can go down with the jolly ship toon

Guest Wally_McFool

If one is happy watching hooftastic football every other week then Glenn being the manager is a wonderful thing!  O0

You think Roeder is performing just below the bar, I'd hate to see him struggling. :cheesy:

The summer transfer window was inexcusable in 2006. The January one wasn't particularly impressive, but he obviously had little to no funds and it's always difficult to bring players in during that period. Especially with such little to offer as a club at that moment in time.

I think he's a decent enough coach who only falls down during matchdays. But if he has anything about him, he will learn from his mistakes.

I'm happy to see him build his own squad, something he hasn't done yet, and see out his contract. We're not going to get relegated with him, and unless something goes depressingly wrong, either sack him then or just don't renew it. Sir Bobby's first two seasons were hardly the most enthralling.

Scenario 1: He does nowt in the transfer window and we see ourselves deep in the bottom half of the table next season. He should go.

Scenario 2: We're generally just mediocre again. Don't renew his contract at the end of next season.

Scenario 3: He might do well in the transfer window, we might do well in the league without having Europe to concentrate on. We'll be glad we held onto him.

On the whole, what i'm saying is, give him his two seasons. I don't believe he's totally incompetent.

Is THAT  your reason for keeping him on?

Show me where he's improved our players.

People call his transfer windows shit but we have no idea how much of a budget he had. Plus in my opinion he has bought well, Martins has been ace, Sib has been great value, Duff has shown glimpses of being great and there is still hopw for him and Onyewu has looked solid.

Left back? Left back? Left back? left back?

He's doen badly in the windows.

Duff has shown fuck all. Martins has been inconsistent. Sibierski has been alright, no more, is clearly slow as fuck, and some idiots are shouting for him to get 2 more years!