If Shepherd takes full control...

Guest Knightrider
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Knightrider

Thoughts on this issue? The way I see it for him to take full control he'd have to lend the money, meaning us mugs will be the ones paying him to take over, so if he does, I'll withdraw my already part-time support of the club fully, how about you?

Shepherd taking full control would be one of my biggest nightmares, we'd have nobody to keep him in check.  I think it would be the lowest point in my life as a Newcastle supporter, I think I would finally resign myself to not winning anything else in my life-time.

Shepherd taking full control would be one of my biggest nightmares, we'd have nobody to keep him in check.  I think it would be the lowest point in my life as a Newcastle supporter, I think I would finally resign myself to not winning anything else in my life-time.

Well done for admitting you didn't support the club when McKeag/Westwood/Seymour etc ran it.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

As long as he's in charge we aren't going to pursue top class managers, and as a result will be very lucky to acheive anything worthwhile.

Well done for admitting you didn't support the club when McKeag/Westwood/Seymour etc ran it.

:uglystupid2:

please explain where you think Shepherd would all of a sudden start selling our best players and consider building a stand like Watford, or simply existing in the top league to be the limit of ambition ?

It becomes more obvious all the time that you are a KK bandwagon jumper who didn't experience the club pre-1992 and are lying when you say you did

How will Shepherd afford it??? He's rich but he's not that rich, and i think IF he could afford it he would've taken over already. I can't see it happening myself.

He can't afford it. He'd have to borrow. The club would then be lumbered with paying off the debt. That combined with his proven ineptitude in various areas would condemn us to mid-table mediocrity (at best) for a generation.

How will Shepherd afford it??? He's rich but he's not that rich, and i think IF he could afford it he would've taken over already. I can't see it happening myself.

He can't afford it. He'd have to borrow. The club would then be lumbered with paying off the debt. That combined with his proven ineptitude in various areas would condemn us to mid-table mediocrity (at best) for a generation.

Feck! Would SJH accept a deal like that?

Dunno. SJH obviously just wants to cash in his chips, but FFS has so far blocked his attempts to do so and is clearly trying to drive down the price. So far SJH hasn't accepted that, but he may conclude he has no choice but to sell to Shepherd.

please explain where you think Shepherd would all of a sudden start selling our best players and consider building a stand like Watford, or simply existing in the top league to be the limit of ambition ?

It becomes more obvious all the time that you are a KK bandwagon jumper who didn't experience the club pre-1992 and are lying when you say you did

http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/2121/diagramenigmamachinecb4.jpg

How will it really be any different than it is right now? 

I can think of two reasons, the first being the easy time he'd have taking more money out of the club, the second would be free reign to do whatever he likes.

So, the same as now, then?

Basically, yeah, but with even less possibility of anything changing.

We would be stuck with him until he dies.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Dunno. SJH obviously just wants to cash in his chips, but FFS has so far blocked his attempts to do so and is clearly trying to drive down the price. So far SJH hasn't accepted that, but he may conclude he has no choice but to sell to Shepherd.

that is total bullshit speculation

the offers were UNANIMOUSLY rejected by the board

SJH has 70% of the company, he's not likely to let Fred tell him which offers get put to the shareholders and which don't

the problem with this club is the amount of completely fucking ignorant fans we have

We would be stuck with him until he dies.

Or retires.

SJH has 70% of the company, he's not likely to let Fred tell him which offers get put to the shareholders and which don't

the problem with this club is the amount of completely f****** ignorant fans we have

None of us know the true reason that the club is still in the hands of the current owners so it's all speculation.

We can all make a guess at why they are still current owners, my guess is that one of two things happened.  The debt was more than expected, I'm sure at least one of the would be buyers looked at the books.  Or at least one of the major shareholders blocked a bid, my guess is the first and I'd expect that is close to the truth.

If an offer had been made then Shepherd would have been legally bound to make an announcement, it couldn't have been swept under the carpet. 

Guest Invicta_Toon

the problem with this club is the amount of completely f****** ignorant fans we have

None of us know the true reason that the club is still in the hands of the current owners so it's all speculation.

We can all make a guess at why they are still current owners, my guess is that one of two things happened.  The debt was more than expected, I'm sure at least one of the would be buyers looked at the books.  Or at least one of the major shareholders blocked a bid, my guess is the first and I'd expect that is close to the truth.

If an offer had been made then Shepherd would have been legally bound to make an announcement, it couldn't have been swept under the carpet. 

exactly. there was no offer, but lets not let that get in the way of more bullshit emotional tartism. the fans are in the most part fucking clueless

i actually think it's all idle speculation too...i just don't see a "win" in it for shepherd any more....

i'm sure until the souness fiasco he thought all was well and that he was doing a good job and the fans and city loved him for it - once it started to turn nasty under souness and as it has treatened to do with roeder at times i that changed and i think he'll ship himself out in the not too distant future

my rumours, if you will, of the game come from the national broadhseets and they all basically reported the same thing the last time we had some "shepherd out" stuff....that his wife was/is sick and he's starting to get sick of taking the flack for the halls (which he more or less came out and said himself)

well if he's sick of taking the flack for the halls i find it very unlikely that he'll put himself in the position to be the sole target for fan disgruntlement in what would have to be a long term venture

the other option is that he's thick-skinned enough yo believe he CAN turn the club around but just needs the hall monkey off his back, but i just don't see it....he'll sell but will guarantee himself a place within the club as a result and that'll suit him fine