The word on the training ground...

Guest TheOrder

Guest TheOrder

...is that, when Luque had the chance to move to to PSV in January, HE declined the transfer at the last minute, due to a difference of twelve grand in his pay packet over there.

The deal was for two years, and had all been agreed.

:uglystupid2:

*According to a friend who plays for the academy (could be the equivalent of playground talk though)

...is that, when Luque had the chance to move to to PSV in January, HE declined the transfer at the last minute, due to a difference of twelve grand in his pay packet over there.

The deal was for two years, and had all been agreed.

:uglystupid2:

*According to a friend who plays for the academy (could be the equivalent of playground talk though)

...and I'm assuming you're really angry about it??

Guest TheOrder

12 grand a week, sorry.

Informer ;D f*** sake. I'm not ITK mackems.gif

A lad I went to school with, plays in the academy, he lives about 40 yards from my house, on Beach Road, near Tynemouth.

12 grand a week, sorry.

A lad I went to school with, plays in the academy, he lives about 40 yards from my house, on Beach Road, near Tynemouth.

I know.

Just wondering if he'd have gone had he not been offered a ridiculous contract by a couple of fucking retards?? :tickedoff:

£600,000 a year sounds a lot to give up when one has the inconvenience of moving to a different country. I'd have probably done the same if I'm being perfectly honest. Then again - if I'd have been picked to play for Newcastle, I'd have at least looked fucking interested and put in 100% effort...

Guest TheOrder

I suppose. But i'd rather be happy then rich. And he'd be both to be honest. If he'd had any ambition, he'd move away from nufc, as its blatant he has no place here. :undecided:

Could be all bollocks, but I can't understand why a rumour like this would just appear. It's got no shock value, most people wouldn't be remotely interested.

I suppose. But i'd rather be happy then rich. And he'd be both to be honest. If he'd had any ambition, he'd move away from nufc, as its blatant he has no place here. :undecided:

He can be happy AND rich if he sees out his contract here though...

Don't be angry with the lad - save it for Souness and Shepherd. He's exercising his right and the vast majority of posters would do exactly the same if they were honest with themselves. As long as he doesn't ask for a transfer, he's sorted. He can walk away for nowt, to anywhere he wants in a year or two (not sure of the length of his contract tbh). He'll only move if it's in his interests.

All this means is that he becomes a costlier mistake with each passing week...

It's not like he'd be struggling to make ends meet giving up his twelve grand a week. He'd still be on upwards of 40k a week I reckon had he gone to PSV, as I'd imagine he's being quite well paid here.

And please don't anyone say that it's a short career and players have to make money while they can. That was true a few decades ago, but with what they earn now the likes of Luque were set for life after about two years of their career. Unless they're throwing money away.

Personally I'd be gone as soon as possible if I were him, given his situation here, and I'd gladly take the pay cut to do so.

Depends Shak.

I wouldn't hesitate being paid £60k a week on behalf of someone else keeping me in shape for 5 years, instead of actually have to do something than participate in the obiligated training for a few hours each day.

It could be that he see`s his career as basically over and wants as much cash as possible. He has the risk of going over there playing shite and left to rot on less. I think the only chance ha would snap up straight away is back to his home country.

I think we would have heard about this before now if it was the case, especially as the blame was being directed at Shepherd. Oliver would have gotten a "leak" as soon as the comments about Shepherd hit the media.

To be honest, even if the player in question did tell you that, it is not necessarily fact, as I highly doubt  the management would have deemed that fact as worth telling to the academy boys.

At best, Roeder told Clark who told Given who told Harper who told Carr who told Duff who told Butt who told Sibierski who told Martins who told Emre who told Parker who told Dyer who told Bramble who told Huntington who told Edgar who told whoever your mate is.

In which case truth will become distorted. Its like telling a mate that you kissed someone, soon someone will be saying that you got laid.

12 grand a week, sorry.

possibly not the best idea to put the lads address all over the internet.

Is Luque on about £60k/week here, so in PSV he would have been on £48k/week and playing football. But turned it down for the money? I reckon i could live alright on £48k per week. Though i do see the point in turning down a wage drop.

Guest TheOrder

To be honest, even if the player in question did tell you that, it is not necessarily fact, as I highly doubt  the management would have deemed that fact as worth telling to the academy boys.

At best, Roeder told Clark who told Given who told Harper who told Carr who told Duff who told Butt who told Sibierski who told Martins who told Emre who told Parker who told Dyer who told Bramble who told Huntington who told Edgar who told whoever your mate is.

In which case truth will become distorted. Its like telling a mate that you kissed someone, soon someone will be saying that you got laid.

In all fairness, I did say it was the equivalent of playtime talk. But they do share the same playground.

Guest TheOrder

What address? I said he lives 40 yards from my house, which is on beach road. Could be any street or side street around there :thup:

Guest smoggeordie

What address? I said he lives 40 yards from my house, which is on beach road. Could be any street or side street around there :thup:

It's Michael Owen isn't it ;)

Guest Texasmag

i really wish i was i a position where i could turn down such an offer.

Me too! It makes you wonder what they do with all that money!

12 grand a week, sorry.

possibly not the best idea to put the lads address all over the internet.

Is Luque on about £60k/week here, so in PSV he would have been on £48k/week and playing football. But turned it down for the money? I reckon i could live alright on £48k per week. Though i do see the point in turning down a wage drop.

I could live alright on £48k per year, never mind a week.

It's about 12 years of my current wage.

I live in a poorer country though.

Does anyone could have a good life with £48k per year/month in England?

Just want to know how greedy he is.