Can we afford to start over again...all over again!?!

KaKa

I am so confused at the moment I don't even know where to start...

Here's the thing. Can we really afford to bring in another manager this summer? I am not sure I would be happy with this at all. The reason is because I feel it will not allow us to improve and build on the squad like we need to, and at the moment I think this is the single most important thing for us to do.

You can say what you want about Roeder, but at the moment he is the man in the best position to build this squad, as he will now know every single player inside out and exactly what we need to improve the squad. He might not be the best manager but the one area I have faith in him is in his ideas of building a team that will take us forward.

So, here's what I think. I think we should give him the summer to get in the players we need and the club should back him in this, but at the same time we should identify a top manager who would be able to come in and work with the players that are at the club already. Therefore, should Roeder struggle at the start of the season despite the new players that were brought in then we would be in a position to act.

I guess what I'm saying here is that I still believe more than others that our players are the umber one problem here. Roeder is quoted today as saying how dissapointed he is that we resorted to long balls up to Sibierski once we went behind. When the going gets tough the current group of players lose their composure badly. Roeder understands this and he should be given the chance to bring in the players that can change this. Yes he didn't do a good job with the last couple of windows, but at least this summer there can be no excuses as he has his targets and he will have to strike early. We absolutely have to have our new players in for the whole of our pre-season to give them every chance of being ready for what will be a tough season for us.

So in closing what I am saying is let Roeder build the team, as he does seem to have the right ideas about the players we should have at the club, but if he struggles to get the best out of them at the start of the season then bring someone else in who has the reputation for getting the best out of players and who is happy to work with the team that is available.

I am so confused at the moment I don't even know where to start...

Here's the thing. Can we really afford to bring in another manager this summer? I am not sure I would be happy with this at all. The reason is because I feel it will not allow us to improve and build on the squad like we need to, and at the moment I think this is the single most important thing for us to do.

You can say what you want about Roeder, but at the moment he is the man in the best position to build this squad, as he will now know every single player inside out and exactly what we need to improve the squad. He might not be the best manager but the one area I have faith in him is in his ideas of building a team that will take us forward.

So, here's what I think. I think we should give him the summer to get in the players we need and the club should back him in this, but at the same time we should identify a top manager who would be able to come in and work with the players that are at the club already. Therefore, should Roeder struggle at the start of the season despite the new players that were brought in then we would be in a position to act.

I guess what I'm saying here is that I still believe more than others that our players are the umber one problem here. Roeder is quoted today as saying how dissapointed he is that we resorted to long balls up to Sibierski once we went behind. When the going gets tough the current group of players lose their composure badly. roeder understands this and it should be given the chance to brign in the players that can change this. Yes he didn't do a good job with the last couple of windows, but at least this summer there can be no excuses as he has his targets and he will have to strike early. We absolutely have to have our new players in for the whole of our pre-season to give them every chance of being ready for what will be a tough season for us.

So in closing what I am saying is let Roeder build the team, as he does seem to have the right ideas about the players we should have at the club, but if he struggles to get the best out of them at the start of the season then bring someone else in who has the reputation for getting the best out of players and who is happy to work with the team that is available.

Is that you Udo?

No lets not let Roeder build the team and NO he doesn't have the right ideas.

Do you not feel bringing in a new manager at the beginning of the summer will hinder our efforts to re-build the squad though?

If we wanted to make a change we should have done it in January at least , so that the new man gets a feel for the suqad at hand and knows how to improve it.

For example how do we know the new manager won't want to give Bramble one more chance? Thinking he would be able to get the best out of him as Souness and Roeder did?

I feel it would be very complicated to go down this road at this point...

Do you not feel bringing in a new manager at the beginning of the summer will hinder our efforts to re-build the squad though?

If we wanted to make a change we should have done it in January at least , so that the new man gets a feel for the suqad at hand and knows how to improve it.

For example how do we know the new manager won't want to give Bramble one more chance? Thinking he would be able to get the best out of him as Souness and Roeder did?

I feel it would be very complicated to go down this road at this point...

No seeing as I think we need a whole new squad. Yes things are that bad.

The players we should persevere with are Martins, Dyer, Zoggy and Owen if he stays...The rest need to start fighting for their places which will only happen under new management with a decent budget.

Guest Der Kaiser

I'd be all for bringing in a new manager who has no illusions about how **** the likes of Baba and Carr are and with the fresh ideas and ability to bring in new players.

I didn't think Roeder was up to it when he got the job and this far down the road I still don't think he's up to it. We tried, he was ****, get rid.

How long do we go on with a manager who is Souness mk2?

I think it's precisely the opposite.

If the club were going to get rid of Roeder it should be now, allowing the new man to make his own assessment of the playing staff and prepare his targets for the summer.

Letting Roeder bumble through another transfer window and then sacking him a few games into the next season is just about the stupidest thing we could do.

Guest Der Kaiser

Thing is the new man may well be in a job at the moment yet will be in a position to move come the end of the season.

That's the thing though! They won't get rid of Roeder now will they!

If they do it will be at the end of the season, which in my opinion is the worst possible time as it will be just before the most crucial of all transfer windows, and the new man would have no clue about the current squad and so would have no clue as to what we actually need.

This would especially be the case should we go with someone foreign! As I doubt a foregin manager would have taken the slightest interest in our pathetic team and so would know nothing about how rubbish the players are.

Guest Der Kaiser

KaKa there will be managers who will be out of contract in the summer and I'm sure it would be breaking no rules to get word to them and even agree a pre-contract agreement. It can be done with players so why not managers?

Managers watch football. Any coach worth their salt will know about the English game as many may see it as the chance of a decent pay day if nothing else. There is a whole wide world of football out there and a foreign coach could be just the thing we need and may even be in a good position to bring players with them.

The main problem at this club is that we always give the managers the benefit of the doubt, give them the transfer window to sort it out, then when things don't work out sack them half a dozen games in to the season. This would give you another 6 games with a Terry Mac type in charge before the new man comes in, having to mould players he knows nothing about in to a team that plays to his style, whilst praying for january to come so he can take his pick from the dregs available mid season. This means the next season and a half are a "transitional phase" where we expect nothing and when we get that in abundance we call for the managers head so the merry go round starts again.

I just think the situation with Roeder is more unique than in the past. Here is a man who by his own admission, didn't even hanker after this job on a permanent basis when he was installed as caretaker. But a run of good fortune in the last few games changed his mind, and he took it. Shepherd obviously gave him the benefit of the doubt, thought maybe a man with a feel for the club could inspire us to better things, although his CV dictated otherwise with relegations at his 3 previous clubs, West Ham, Watford and the mighty Gillingham. It has been written in the press that Roeder is a good coach, I am not saying he isn't but a good manager he is not. When you look at people who are assistant managers at most clubs, it's very rare that these people are good managers. Good ASSISTANT managers yes - ie coaches but not good managers. I think Roeder is quite possibly a man who falls into that category. He has been given the benefit of the doubt by Shepherd, but he has proven beyond doubt he isn't up to the job in hand. His shortcomings in the transfer market, fielding the wrong side/tactics in important games have shown him to come short.

I think it's precisely the opposite.

If the club were going to get rid of Roeder it should be now, allowing the new man to make his own assessment of the playing staff and prepare his targets for the summer.

Letting Roeder bumble through another transfer window and then sacking him a few games into the next season is just about the stupidest thing we could do.

This.

We either keep the faith and plan for next year with Roeder, or start talking to prospective managers now (though with most decent managers already at clubs, I would try to keep Roeder sweet until someone could offically join at the end of their season).

Roeder should be released after the last game of the premiership

Until the last game if Shepherd really intends to sack Roeder must try to find the right man for the job so immediately after the end of the season the new man to step up

Everything other will be stupid as far as it concerned replacing Roeder

Roeder has undoubtedly had poor luck this season. A lot of injuries, hell at one stage we had 16 potential first team players out, 16!, I wonder  how many other teams would have amassed the points total we have with that amount of players missing.

However (like a ‘but’ a the start of a sentence) the last few weeks apart from Owen and Shola, most are back and we are still a poor, poor side and how we haven’t signed a left back (worth his salt) in any of the last four (count em) transfer windows is simply beyond me. Smacks of total ineptitude to be honest.

He should never have been given the job but sacking him is only half the answer, as we all know, the main problems at this club are a level or two above Mr Roeder and until they are sorted one way or the other, we will continue to struggle but…… yeah sorry Glen, you’ve had your chance, muffed it, let some other mug try.

God help us.

Yet again another summer on tenterhooks. Scouring the papers every morning for some morsel of hope that we are goign after the right players and maybe even hoping for a change in manager.

Never a settled moment of peace or calm at this club.

Same crap every summer...

God help us.

Yet again another summer on tenterhooks. Scouring the papers every morning for some morsel of hope that we are goign after the right players and maybe even hoping for a change in manager.

Never a settled moment of peace or calm at this club.

Same crap every summer...

We need a manager that the majority can trust. I'm sure you can appreciate that that is very unlikely to ever be the case under Roeder.

It was just mentioned how we haven't managed to get in a left back int he last four windows and it is this sort of thing that worries me!

I cannot help but feel the chopping and changing of managers has contributed to the inability to finally put a squad together! It is always done half way withone manager before another manager is introduced.

For example. I know we all didn't rate Souness, but I honestly believe that had he still been here (by some miracle!) that Boumsong would have come around as well as Luque too! And by now he would have moved on to addressing other areas of our squad. However Roeder comes in automatically decides Luque and Boumsong aren't good enough and so we have essentially taken a step back in development and we haven't moved on to addressing other areas such as LEFT-BACK!!!

I'm not saying this for certain but Boumsong could have been our Vidic. Luque could have been our Luis Garcia. Both were not great initially but the managers who brought them in continued to have faithi n them and worked with them.

Who knows...

Guest SJHL7

If we sack Roeder who exactly do we get? and how long do we give them? if we get another manager in we are in exactly the same situation we always find ourselves, a season to re-build bring in new players wait till they bed down into the team, a new coaching staff with new ideas! and when they don't work we'll be demanding they get sacked!

It was just mentioned how we haven't managed to get in a left back int he last four windows and it is this sort of thing that worries me!

I cannot help but feel the chopping and changing of managers has contributed to the inability to finally put a squad together! It is always done half way withone manager before another manager is introduced.

For example. I know we all didn't rate Souness, but I honestly believe that had he still been here (by some miracle!) that Boumsong would have come around as well as Luque too! And by now he would have moved on to addressing other areas of our squad. However Roeder comes in automatically decides Luque and Boumsong aren't good enough and so we have essentially taken a step back in development and we haven't moved on to addressing other areas such as LEFT-BACK!!!

I'm not saying this for certain but Boumsong could have been our Vidic. Luque could have been our Luis Garcia. Both were not great initially but the managers who brought them in continued to have faithi n them and worked with them.

Who knows...

Udo is this you?

The players we should persevere with are Martins, Dyer, Zoggy and Owen if he stays...The rest need to start fighting for their places which will only happen under new management with a decent budget.

I would add Milner to that list. He's worked hard and has been a bright spot on the squad this year.

I'm also in the camp that says Roeder has got to go, and it has to be sooner than later. We need an experienced mananger who has a better grasp of tactics.

I would add Milner to that list. He's worked hard and has been a bright spot on the squad this year.

I'm also in the camp that says Roeder has got to go, and it has to be sooner than later. We need an experienced mananger who has a better grasp of tactics.

Yes add Milner.

Who knows...

Udo is this you?

What's an Udo?

Who knows...

Udo is this you?

What's an Udo?

It's an username as you well know............Udo. :lol:

Is it you?

Who knows...

Udo is this you?

What's an Udo?

It's an username as you well know............Udo. :lol:

Is it you?

Um...in case you didn't notice my username is KaKa!

I don't know what your up to dude but your scaring me...

Where is this Udo from???