Who is needed to sell the new shirts

Guest killers_perm

Guest killers_perm

We all know that come the time for a new shirt to be launched, FS tries to link it up with the signing of a big name (and I don't mean Papavasiliou) to put on the back

Current shirt coincided with Owen and hey presto, loads of new shirts sold with no. 10 on the back

Obviously there are plenty of names being banded about as to who we might or might not sign, but aside from actual tactical suitability, the Club will still want one new 'big' name to stand with Owen in the publicity shots.

Who do you think would be the best player (within reason ie most likely to take a 300% rise in weekly wages to come north) for FS to use as his 'new shirt' clothes horse come the summer months of money grabbing.

I'll start the ball rolling with Roberto Carlos

Guest nufc_geordie

I hope to hell it isn't Roberto Carlos. He has been way passed his best for many years now and I fear placing him in a team like ours he will be shown to be what he truly is.......a fat Stephen Carr.

Guest killers_perm

I hope to hell it isn't Roberto Carlos. He has been way passed his best for many years now and I fear placing him in a team like ours he will be shown to be what he truly is.......a fat Stephen Carr.

completely agree, but still think FS could see it is a media coup and go for it "Brazilian WC winner, former Real Madrid Galactico blah blah blah"

Guest nufc_geordie

I don't doubt you mate, but there are too many Newcastle fans who only read the name and remember what they see on champ man, which is why Freddy is probably seriously considering the idea.

I think what they'll do is..change luque's hair and give him a beard....and make up a super name and BAM! we've got out super signing of the summer but it wont cost us anything!

Maybe something like Fralbert Tookay....would be pretty funny..we need more bearded players imo anyways...

Guest Emre05

Michael Carrick... " coming home "

I can see it now.. emre goes to Bayern Munich ,Hargreaves goes to Man Utd , Carrick goes home to Newcastle

cant see carrick and hargreaves playing in the same team myself...  we will prob bid 16  million for carrick knowing us !!!

I actually think Carrick will end up here in the next 2-3 years, maybe even summer 2008. Just a hunch based on the fact Man U will eventually sign a better player than him (Hargreaves), and they'll sign better attacking midfielders to replace Giggs & Scholes, and no doubt Shepherd will play the Geordie card.