Gareth Bale

Guest crj89

I agreed with you about him going to Man U.

I know you did, I was really just commenting on the Heinze aspect.  BTW, I think you're definitely better than Joint Last Best Writer! ;)

:lol: Thanks.

Don't think Bale will be going anywhere other than to Manu. 

Yup, and if he doesn't end up there, his price will be inflated beyond all sanity because of it. I'd bet you any money, Southampton will try and squeeze as much money as they can out of Man Utd - knowing that wealthy clubs like Arsenal and Newcastle are also after him (even though we'd be wasting our time).

It wouldn't surprise me at all if he went for something totally daft like £16m.

Let the big boys have their fun with Bale while we sneakily get Baines in for half the cash, yet double the proven quality. Baines all the way.

my mates a derby fan so went to the s.of shite to watch and baines was awesome when he came on ,not seen him any other time but he looked shit hot for them yes please

Yup, and if he doesn't end up there, his price will be inflated beyond all sanity because of it. I'd bet you any money, Southampton will try and squeeze as much money as they can out of Man Utd - knowing that wealthy clubs like Arsenal and Newcastle are also after him (even though we'd be wasting our time).

Let the big boys have their fun with Bale while we sneakily get Baines in for half the cash, yet double the proven quality. Baines all the way.

my mates a derby fan so went to the s.of shite to watch and baines was awesome when he came on ,not seen him any other time but he looked shit hot for them yes please

You not on about Giles Barnes fella?

my mates a derby fan so went to the s.of s**** to watch and baines was awesome when he came on ,not seen him any other time but he looked s*** hot for them yes please

baines from derby as mentioned by yorkie geordie

my mates a derby fan so went to the s.of s**** to watch and baines was awesome when he came on ,not seen him any other time but he looked s*** hot for them yes please

Leighton Baines, Wigan.

Baines has to be a priority. Hes a smart defender capable of distributing the ball well, positionally sound, and has strong shooting for a full back. 21 still I think, and proven in the Premiership. Would be a good long term investment, might not be a future world class attacking fullback like Bale seems to be from his reputation, but wed kill off that long standing left back problem once and for all.

How much deeper do you want to dig on this one biggs? :lol:

^he was almost as bad at ours as Huntington was at theirs

Wasnt he at centreback in that game?

thought he was at Left-Back but i might be wrong. whoever their left-back was in the first game was awful, though they looked a different side in the 2nd leg.  >:(

:lol: at people who think we have a load of cash for new players in the summer and that we should blow most of it on one player.

For those that don't know, we made a dirty great loss last year, but never fear we've had the perfect season to turn that all around haven't we... ...oh, hang on a minute.

Last year's preliminary results - Page 12 is what you're looking for (numbers in brackets are negative, by the way).

Remember that's before tax.

To those saying we should spend £10m+ on one player, when we've seen the way injuries to our wafer-thin squad have destroyed our season, can I ask:

Where's the money going to come from?

Don't want go spending £10m+ on a player, agreed, because that's likely to damage the vast majority of whatever budget we have.

However, i'd gladly see us pay up to £9m or so for someone like Baines, who's top class and will be even better, and will solve our weakest area of the entire team. That's the truth - it's the worst part of our whole squad, is left-back, and i'd rather we solved it properly, than continue to throw shitty, nothing money away on shitty, nothing wing-backs. Which is what we've done for years.

Get it sorted. If we're going to blow significant money on one particular position this summer, please God let it be on a wing-back.

Income from the new tv deal.

You don't seem to understand that everyone gets this extra money, which means that prices will go up accordingly, it's essentially inflation.

^he was almost as bad at ours as Huntington was at theirs

Wasnt he at centreback in that game?

thought he was at Left-Back but i might be wrong. whoever their left-back was in the first game was awful, though they looked a different side in the 2nd leg.  >:(

was definately at left back in the first game.

• 3 years later...

i like how he points his mums name out, just to avoid any confusion :lol:

was thinking about Bale yesterday, i reckon he'll continue to be underestimated in europe for Spurs and will look like the greatest thing ever for a while...his test will come when he moves to one of the usual suspects and becomes a huge target for teams, if he can adapt to that and still perform then he'll be something else

Fair play to the lad...unlike Andy Johnson and so many other English footballers who piss their careers away...

--

Bale doesn't drink

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3211010/How-Gareth-Bale-conquered-football.html

As it should be - they're athletes for Christ's sake!

I sometimes wonder if that might be why Mancini is having so much trouble at City - I'm sure he's come out against the boozy culture...?

I hope we don't make a bid for him as the prices that have been quoted have been crazy.

:nope:

We got Jose instead who's arguably a better full-back, for much less.

Bale is a winger. Had the same option as Glen Johnson did at his age, full back or winger - Johnson went for the attacking full-back option and has paid for it. Bale, hopefully, will stick to terrorising opposition defenders instead of his own.