Roeder - two or three will go!

Skirge

Glenn Roeder claims 'two or three' of his Newcastle team do not have long-term futures at the club.

Roeder, whose team slipped up at AZ Alkmaar in the Uefa Cup and Charlton in the Premiership, has been disappointed by recent performances.

While the former West Ham chief admits he can have no arguments over the application of the majority of his injury-hit squad this season, he has cited poor attitude in some players.

The manager is determined to root out the deadwood in his squad and claims he already knows where to start wielding the axe.

"In our last two games in Alkmaar and at The Valley, I was disappointed with the attitude of two or three of our players - not all of them - when we went a goal behind," said Roeder.

"That is something I will not accept. I know who these players are and it will not matter to me whether they have contracts or not, they will not feature in my long-term plans.

"I have been in football all my life and one thing I have learned is that as far as motivation is concerned, 99 percent of the time, it comes from within.

"It is something you are born with, so in some cases, it does not matter who the manager is.

"However, I am a naturally motivated person and I have to say I am hugely disappointed that at times in our last two games against Alkmaar and Charlton, some of our players have not shown the natural motivation I expect and want at this club."

Meanwhile, Newcastle are said to be keeping tabs on Shakthar Donetsk left back Razvan Rat.

A Newcastle scout is understood to have taken in Romania's game with Holland and Rat is reported to have impressed.

The thing is, people are mentioning the likes of Carr, Babayaro, Bernard & Luque, but he's talking about a few players who played in those 2 games. None of the above did. I reckon he's talking Bramble, Moore & Emre.

If it was off that game alone, Taylor would be the 1st out of the door.

I think he is looking at midfield more than defence, also the comment about "I know who these players are and it will not matter to me whether they have contracts or not", seems to suggest players who still have  a few years left on their deals, Brambles deal is nearly up anyway.

This may just be a bit of provication from Glenn, its clever really as he made sure no one was singled out as going or staying, if your a Toon player reading that its going to start you off wondering if it could be you. Glenn just looking for a reaction maybe.

Guest NSMagpie

Won't be Martins thats for sure, Glenn loves him, as do I :D

I guess that has something to do with Oba regularly scoring? :)

I have an impression Roeder's disappointment has more to do with midfield and defence, rather than attack (although I'm aware we didn't score a single goal in those two games).

Team for AZ  was

Given

Solano

Bramble

Taylor

Huntington

Dyer

Butt

Parker

Duff

Sibierski

Martins.

(Emre on as sub)

(N'Zogbia on as sub)

Team for Charlton was

Given

Solano

Gooch

Moore

Duff

Dyer

Parker

Emre

Milner

Martins

Le Sib

Zoggy (on as sub)

He could mean Nobby, Bramble and Le Sib. Bramble did not play in both but he was dropped for Charlton game.

Guest TheOrder

Even though he mentioned those two games, he means the squad in general.

He recently said Zoggy is staying anyway.

He loves Sib.

He loves Martins.

He heaps praise of Huntington and Taylor.

He constantly praises Solano.

Gooch is a loan, so its not him.

Milner has been one of our best players this season.

Dyer has been wanked over by Glenn on numerous occasions.

Butt- See Milner.

Emre was decent in those games.

That leaves Bramble, Parker, Duff, Moore (off anyway) etc etc.

3 Roeder wants out + Moore who wants to leave anyway..

So we needed a RB a LB niether of which played in those games.

Moore is going anyway.  

3 players that were shit in both games were SIB, Solano and Duff.

We would need a CB regardless of Bramble going or staying, so I would say 2 CBs if hes going.

Even though he mentioned those two games, he means the squad in general.

He recently said Zoggy is staying anyway.

He loves Sib.

He loves Martins.

He heaps praise of Huntington and Taylor.

He constantly praises Solano.

Gooch is a loan, so its not him.

Milner has been one of our best players this season.

Dyer has been wanked over by Glenn on numerous occasions.

Butt- See Milner.

Emre was decent in those games.

That leaves Bramble, Parker, Duff, Moore (off anyway) etc etc.

He is talking about poor attitude, not poor passing or movement so it won`t be Parker as a good atitutde is all he has going for him.

Guest Morph

I'd personally be a bit dissapointed if we let Duff go on the cheap.  We should think about bringing players in before we let any go.

Guest wondermike

'I was disappointed with the attitude of two or three of our players'

'Glenn Roeder claims 'two or three' of his Newcastle team do not have long-term futures at the club.'

It is from that quote they have some how sprouted up that sh**e. It means nothing it's that quote they've used to add on they will be leaving. So looks like it could just be a stern talking to nothing to do with them being shown the door.

"That is something I will not accept. I know who these players are and it will not matter to me whether they have contracts or not, they will not feature in my long-term plans.

reads pretty clear to me "oot on there arses"

Not sure about that tbh. The bit in bold scares the shit out of me.

1) The wasters are not here for the 'long-term' according to Roeder which implies that they are here for the short/medium term. In other words, unless we find anyone thick enough to take them off our hands, their contracts run out or we sign their replacements - we're stuck with them.

2) Roeder is under the impression that he himself has a 'long-term' future at the club.  :buck2:

Not sure about that tbh. The bit in bold scares the shit out of me.

1) The wasters are not here for the 'long-term' according to Roeder which implies that they are here for the short/medium term. In other words, unless we find anyone thick enough to take them off our hands, their contracts run out or we sign their replacements - we're stuck with them.

2) Roeder is under the impression that he himself has a 'long-term' future at the club.  :buck2:

And he has as the same fans are buying, the same fans are attending, and until anything changes the board can do whatever the fuk they feel like.

Welcome to the next 20 years.

Enjoy.