BBC / SKY lose FA Cup and England rights

Sparks

Guest optimistic nit

I can't think of one element of ITV's coverage that I like. Hasselbaink, Townsend, Earle, Logan, that Formula 1 guy, no-one I'd rather hear over any of Sky or BBC's presenters.

hansen, lawro, lineaker............... MOTSON!!!

I can't think of one element of ITV's coverage that I like. Hasselbaink, Townsend, Earle, Logan, that Formula 1 guy, no-one I'd rather hear over any of Sky or BBC's presenters.

BBC.

Yeah ITV have another gabby tho don't they?....she is always entertaining the pointless pundits in the studio while robbie earl and townsend are "Pitchside"....with their silly little itv table....

5 would have been preferable, to be honest. This does equal more England games on terrestrial though, doesn't it?

BBC currently show all England home games live.It will be no different except for a lack of quality.

BBC.

Yeah ITV have another gabby tho don't they?....she is always entertaining the pointless pundits in the studio while robbie earl and townsend are "Pitchside"....with their silly little itv table....

Got my Gabbys mixed up methinks then maybe Paul. Whoever Shido's on about is the one I'm thinking of.

5 would have been preferable, to be honest. This does equal more England games on terrestrial though, doesn't it?

BBC currently show all England home games live.It will be no different except for a lack of quality.

But ITV will get the first-choice game in each round plus the majority of England qualifiers and friendlies

...sounds like more than just the home games.

The four-year deal, which kicks in from next year, gives ITV England's competitive home games, friendly away fixtures and first pick for FA Cup games.

Setanta will show England home friendlies, under-21 internationals, the Community Shield and FA Trophy.

According to the Guardian: http://media.guardian.co.uk/site/story/0,,2046495,00.html

England's competitive away games not mentioned, or am i being blind?

The four-year deal, which kicks in from next year, gives ITV England's competitive home games, friendly away fixtures and first pick for FA Cup games.

Setanta will show England home friendlies, under-21 internationals, the Community Shield and FA Trophy.

According to the Guardian: http://media.guardian.co.uk/site/story/0,,2046495,00.html

England's competitive away games not mentioned, or am i being blind?

No they're not mentioned anywhere in the article that I saw.  Maybe they haven't decided who'll get them yet?

Guest thenorthumbrian

So now we will have to pay for sky for Prem games and setanta for FA cup games, arggghhhhhh pure rip off!

ITV + BBC should have all the football rights.

You don't have to pay for anything, nobodies forcing you, armchair fans could trying getting off their arses and going to live games.

And anything which puts one over on that evil twat Murdoch is ok with me.

Guest thenorthumbrian

And inger-land have had a lack of quality for years.

Way too much football on TV already. Won't watch a single match that these pack of twats have won the rights to.

Still think that after the debacle of ITV Digital - they should have been banned from bidding for ANY rights to show live football.