I'd take relegation like...

Guest Knightrider

If FFS decides to relinquish control after (god forbid) we are relegated, who exactly do you think would want to take over. If no-one is interested now they sure as hell aren't going to be when we are languishing in the bottom half of the Championship  :rolleyes:

Guest Knightrider

Just ignore me folks, just pig sick of things. This is the equivalent of: "I hope we lose if it gets rid of Souness" etc. which I'm sure we've all thought about.

Guest NSMagpie

Just ignore me folks, just pig sick of things.

It's very hard to ignore you, as you're a pivotal figure on this board. :) Besides, your essays on NUFC on the main site are one of the key reasons I joined in as a forum member.

We all sometimes feel it perhaps should be worse than already is, in order to cause some kind of revival.

(EDIT: Of course, now you think, why the hell this bloody foreigner from an unholy land of Serbia, far away from our dear Northumbria, godly Tyneside, and our precious hometown, thinks his opinion matters at all?! ;) )

If it meant getting rid of the board and all the other wasters at our club, not to mention some of the fans.

HTT in "thinks he's better and more knowledgable than the other fans" shocker. Posts absolute bollocks, doesn't get backed up by anyone and tries to pretend he didn't mean it. If the first couple of replies had agreed with him like fuck would he be backing down!

If it meant getting rid of the board and all the other wasters at our club, not to mention some of the fans.

HTT in "thinks he's better and more knowledgable than the other fans" shocker. Posts absolute bollocks, doesn't get backed up by anyone and tries to pretend he didn't mean it. If the first couple of replies had agreed with him like f*** would he be backing down!

Agreed, he was telling us what a great job Roeder was doing a few months ago and how he deserved the job, as well as backing Souness all the way.

Guest Knightrider

HTT in "thinks he's better and more knowledgable than the other fans" shocker. Posts absolute bollocks, doesn't get backed up by anyone and tries to pretend he didn't mean it. If the first couple of replies had agreed with him like f*** would he be backing down!

Agreed, he was telling us what a great job Roeder was doing a few months ago and how he deserved the job, as well as backing Souness all the way.

You're just pissed I didn't back you up on the DOF point ;)

Guest Knightrider

HTT in "thinks he's better and more knowledgable than the other fans" shocker. Posts absolute bollocks, doesn't get backed up by anyone and tries to pretend he didn't mean it. If the first couple of replies had agreed with him like fuck would he be backing down!

:lol:

Can't fool em all then eh.

Can't fool em all then eh.

Bandwagon jumper! ;)

Thing is, although we might only be 7 points off relegation, it won't happen, too many teams worse than us between bottom 3 and 11th. But if we finish say 15th or 16th which would be our worst ever premiership finish, it should mean the end of Roeder hopefully.

There's nothing to be said for relegation, but I'd agree that the only way the club can move forward is for a change at the top. We've flirted with relegation at times in the last two years, and this could turn into a third successive dodgy season. If the situation continues, one year we're bound to get a bit unlucky and go down.

Shepherd is a meddling fool who undermines his managers. He has somehow got a few people to believe that it's all been the fault of the Halls, pulling the strings behind the scenes, and that we'd be better off if the last minimal check on his powers was gone. All a bit scary.

Relegation is fucking shite.

Coming back up is ace, a little taste of what its like for all the clubs at the top who win every week. No guartentees that would happen to Newcaslte tho, I don't think any established club can come straight back up unless they keep all their best players. Given some of the wages being taken out of SJP every week (Duff, £100k ish?) I don't think that would happen for you, so I don't think you would be back any time soon. Not the best idea!

Guest Knightrider

I wonder what sort of fans he wants rid of? And how many, relegation and 20,000 empty seats every match would certainly cause some sort of change...

The moaning gits who no matter what, piss and moan, and a few of the half arsed lot, to swap them for more bairns, families and people who would love to go, but can't afford to or can't get an ST because not many are up for grabs. Although there could be a few up for grabs come renewal time, so that could give these people an opportunity.

I wonder what sort of fans he wants rid of? And how many, relegation and 20,000 empty seats every match would certainly cause some sort of change...

The moaning gits who no matter what, piss and moan, and a few of the half arsed lot, to swap them for more bairns, families and people who would love to go, but can't afford to or can't get an ST because not many are up for grabs. Although there could be a few up for grabs come renewal time, so that could give these people an opportunity.

I'm not much for moaning, and dislike the whole booing (though days like today can understand it), like it or not though, these are the people who go, and there's not loads of people waiting for season tickets. Yes it's a shame it's so expensive, but I don't see that changing.

Guest NIToon

Despite flirtations with the bottom three in the recent past, relegation isn't going to happen this year and I hope never does.  The financial implications of relegation would be unthinkable.  Considering our already woeful finances, landing in the fizzy drinks league with only the parachute payment as a lifeline, combined with lower gates to cut the deficit.  Admittedly top earners would go but I think if it were ever to happen the club would go into freefall.

Anyway, it ain't going to happen

Like those who would rather pick and choose their games than renew their season ticket?

Guest Knightrider

Like those who would rather pick and choose their games than renew their season ticket?

Because financially they could no longer justify shelling out large sums of money or due to work commitments, don't always have the free time to attend every match these days? In which case, no. ;)

Because financially they could no longer justify shelling out large sums of money or due to work commitments, don't always have the free time to attend every match these days? In which case, no. ;)

Not actually having a dig at your attendance like, you probably go to a fair few matches more than I do, more making a sarcastic point about how it's tough to say what a half-arsed fan is. I've got a mate who supports Arsenal, is very knowledgable, always reading about them etc., but he's never been to a single game! I'd rather have what you call "half-arsed" fans who go to the game than people like him.

Guest Knightrider

Not actually having a dig at your attendance like, you probably go to a fair few matches more than I do, more making a sarcastic point about how it's tough to say what a half-arsed fan is. I've got a mate who supports Arsenal, is very knowledgable, always reading about them etc., but he's never been to a single game! I'd rather have what you call "half-arsed" fans who go to the game than people like him.

Fair enough, I didn't take your comments as a dig BTW  :thup:

Guest Magpiecn

Dont mention relegation,it'll be a hell if go down to championship,just look what the situation leeds and ipswich are now.

It'll hard to get back up unless its as lucky as Juventus as to keep stars and have decent mention youngsters