What the hell's his problem??? (Alan Oliver related thread)

Guest hindu times

Guest Bramble OG

Truth hurts doesn't it?

So you want Martins out?

No wouldn't go that far

But he is total dross at the minute

But who isnt total dross at the moment - iam not defending Martins at all and he should have done better with Duffs knock down , But the team are creating no chances - Owen at his best would struggle to score goals in this team

So we sell him and Buy Aston/Couch you know what will happen then - Cant get anywere - so we will lump long balls onto there heads - yes crouch scored a Hatrick on sat but all the goals were made for him.

And as for babel - if anal thinks he is the answer he obviously has never seen him play.

Duff is Mr back and square right now though, not very offten he gets thew ball and pushes on, he go's back up the line to who ever is at LB or square to Butt.

Yes Martns was poor, but a lot of time he was on his own as Dyer had fkd off into midfiled to try and get the ball, our build up play is utter s**** and really do not think that any striker in the world would have had a better game than our 2 did with the service they got.

Skirge man, Martins was f****** crap regardless of the performance of the midfield.  They didn't give him the touch of a dyspractic rapist.  Or advise him to track his marker when we had the ball.  I'm pretty sure that there are PLENTY strikers in the world who could have had a better game, service or no service.

You may very well be right, but are you telling me that total  shite performace was all  down to Martins ? Anal just loves the chance to knock him, every single player out there was pure shite not just Oba.

Thats what boils my piss with Anal, once he gets it in for a player he will slate them as offten as he can. He is a pathetic bitter little prick.

He might have a point about Martins recent performances but his criticism has been constant, all season.

He's willing the lad to fail and by slating him every week in his two-bit paper he's trying to turn the masses on him.

If Martins gave him a fucking interview every week his writing style would change.

Stevie Taylor anyone?

Duff is Mr back and square right now though, not very offten he gets thew ball and pushes on, he go's back up the line to who ever is at LB or square to Butt.

Yes Martns was poor, but a lot of time he was on his own as Dyer had fkd off into midfiled to try and get the ball, our build up play is utter s**** and really do not think that any striker in the world would have had a better game than our 2 did with the service they got.

Skirge man, Martins was f****** crap regardless of the performance of the midfield.  They didn't give him the touch of a dyspractic rapist.  Or advise him to track his marker when we had the ball.  I'm pretty sure that there are PLENTY strikers in the world who could have had a better game, service or no service.

You may very well be right, but are you telling me that total  shite performace was all  down to Martins ? Anal just loves the chance to knock him, every single player out there was pure shite not just Oba.

Thats what boils my piss with Anal, once he gets it in for a player he will slate them as offten as he can. He is a pathetic bitter little prick.

He also slated Dyer though, and criticised the whole team for not using Duff.

Guest optimistic nit

Gotta agree with Oliver there like. When Martins isn't scoring, he's quite s*** - at least he has been of recent. I'm hoping it's just because he's still settling in the league, I wouldn't get rid of him like.

he's 22 man!

how many 22 year old strikers don't look a bit patchy when not scoring. even rooney, although he gets the odd assist, looks poor when he's not scoring. the fact that were even talking about getting rid of him shows how knee jerking we are being at the minute. get rid of all the players worse than martins and we have given left. maybe dyer as well. i'd like to see how we'd perform then.

He might have a point about Martins recent performances but his criticism has been constant, all season.

He's willing the lad to fail and by slating him every week in his two-bit paper he's trying to turn the masses on him.

If Martins gave him a fucking interview every week his writing style would change.

Stevie Taylor anyone?

Its not good for the lad, its his 1st season in a new league and in a team struggling to fuk on and off the pitch. That's got to be difficult for anyone, nevermind a young foreign lad trying to find his feet.

He is listening as well, he's responded to the cunts criticism at the start of the season when he started scoring, i mean the ugly cunt was on his back the moment he kicked a ball, almost dooming him and wanting him sold as soon as he arrived, why? God knows, but its not doing anything but harm to the player and the club.

Anal should have a pop at the inept manager not getting the best out of him, and the shite coaches for not being able to teach him anything about the game as that's the real problem, but the useless cunt of a journo decides to pick on a young lad who's just arrived, not the people who've been fuking up for years before he even arrived in this Country.

Tosser.

At the end of the day defenders are judged on how many goals a side concedes, midfielders on making and breaking play and forwards on goals.

In a new country, new league and with new players (including not having a regular strike partner) his first season has been a resounding success. Theres loads of room for improvement but he's proved he can score goals at our club.

Why doesn't Anal ever criticise Shola? Simple, he gives him all the quotes he wants.

He's had it in for Martins from day one.

Guest Gemmill

Martins' shite performance was down to Martins, yes.

Aye. The rest of the team could have helped him with better balls/more positive play, but if he doesn't get into the positions then theres not much we can do.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Skirge your blinded by your love mate, you didn't even pick on the fact Anal complimented him comparing him to Shearer

Guest Gemmill

"...when he is not scoring then the Nigerian striker is virtually a passenger..."

Can anyone really argue with that?  I think it's a shame that Oliver is singling him out in the press, as he's a young lad, and you do feel that it's a bit unnecessary.  But setting that aside can you argue with that statement.  I'm struggling tbh.

That wound me up so much when i read that bit about Martins. The mans a fuckin prick. He is one person i would love to punch tbh.

Do you think he played well like?

No he played piss. Thats not what annoyed me. It was the bit about selling him. It wouldn't surprise me if Martins is one of the ones who won't give him an interview so he's got it in for him.

Guest optimistic nit

"...when he is not scoring then the Nigerian striker is virtually a passenger..."

Can anyone really argue with that?  I think it's a shame that Oliver is singling him out in the press, as he's a young lad, and you do feel that it's a bit unnecessary.  But setting that aside can you argue with that statement.  I'm struggling tbh.

you can't argue with that, but wouldn't you say shearer was similar? its not like he split teams open like bellamy did. martins control is substandard imo, and his passing and he makes poor choices often, but he's 22, and these are the things that get better with age in my opinion. he could be like berb in those areas when he reaches that age, you never know.

To me, Martins seems as 'confidence-based' as any other player i've ever seen. He's a different proposition altogether when he's found the net, things start to come off, he beats defenders etc. Maybe this is due to his age & the new team/country thing, but it can't help him having such an inept manager.

This isn't an excuse for his recent poor showings btw, merely an observation.

As were the performances of the rest of them. None have come in for the sustained criticism Martins has from Oliver.

If Martins patchy form is our biggest concern then we're laughing. Personally, I'm more worried about having an inept Manager, perma-crock Left Back on silly money with no intention of playing/moving on, the fat Irish cock at right back, the overated midfielder who should be dizzy with the all the circles he does, our woeful centre back options and the fact that we're thinking of giving Sibierski a new contract.

Not to mention our Chairman, financial situation or the fact we've got a Sunday League backroom staff.

After we've sorted those problems out, I'll happily buy Olivers paper and agree with him for the young kid up front throwing his hands up in disapointment and having a few off games.

Fucks Sakes.

Guest optimistic nit

That wound me up so much when i read that bit about Martins. The mans a fuckin prick. He is one person i would love to punch tbh.

Do you think he played well like?

No he played piss. Thats not what annoyed me. It was the bit about selling him. It wouldn't surprise me if Martins is one of the ones who won't give him an interview so he's got it in for him.

or it could be that geordie boys carroll and ameobi have been knocked down the pecking order by him.

Guest Gemmill

you can't argue with that, but wouldn't you say shearer was similar? its not like he split teams open like bellamy did. martins control is substandard imo, and his passing and he makes poor choices often, but he's 22, and these are the things that get better with age in my opinion. he could be like berb in those areas when he reaches that age, you never know.

I'm assuming you're not talking about Shearer any time other than when he was old and slow.  The rest of the time he played a huge part in the team and was anything but a passenger.

Guest optimistic nit

I'm assuming you're not talking about Shearer any time other than when he was old and slow.  The rest of the time he played a huge part in the team and was anything but a passenger.

of course. shearer post 98 injury.

Martins was gash like. His passing has been awful all season, he really needs to work on it. I wouldn't sell him though.

Oliver is the first person i've heard agree with me on Dyer since Saturday. No one else seems to have commented that he was utter shite aswell, like stand out shit.

Dyer was absolute horseshit on Saturday, can't remember a single contribution he made to the game and looked totally uniterested until he got taken off.

Doesn't Oliver recall that Tierry Henry was crap in his first season?  Would he have sold him as well because he hadn't adjusted straight away?

Martins needs a full season at least to adjust to the premiership.  With some, eg Postiga, Rebrov, they just never adjusted to the premiership.  Others, like Berbatov, adjusted pretty quickly (but not from day one).  Others, like Martins, Henry, Drogba, need/needed a full season to adjust. 

Martins has all the attributes to be a success in the premiership, stick with him!

Guest Gemmill

As were the performances of the rest of them. None have come in for the sustained criticism Martins has from Oliver.

If Martins patchy form is our biggest concern then we're laughing. Personally, I'm more worried about having an inept Manager, perma-crock Left Back on silly money with no intention of playing/moving on, the fat Irish cock at right back, the overated midfielder who should be dizzy with the all the circles he does, our woeful centre back options and the fact that we're thinking of giving Sibierski a new contract.

Not to mention our Chairman, financial situation or the fact we've got a Sunday League backroom staff.

After we've sorted those problems out, I'll happily buy Olivers paper and agree with him for the young kid up front throwing his hands up in disapointment and having a few off games.

Fucks Sakes.

Aye, they're all problems, and no one's suggesting they aren't, and I've said that I think Oliver is out of order having a go at Martins regularly, but at the same time you can't really argue with a lot of what he says.  Which I think is annoying Martins fans more than the fact that Oliver's saying it - the fact that he's right in what he's saying.

Guest Gemmill

of course. shearer post 98 injury.

98?!  Errr, no, Shearer was far from a passenger for all of his time post-98.  Last season and a half/two seasons I'll give you, but for the last 8 years of his career?  You're having a laugh tbh.

Fucks Sakes.

Aye, they're all problems, and no one's suggesting they aren't, and I've said that I think Oliver is out of order having a go at Martins regularly, but at the same time you can't really argue with a lot of what he says.  Which I think is annoying Martins fans more than the fact that Oliver's saying it - the fact that he's right in what he's saying.

Don't get me wrong Gemmill, I don't think he's anywhere near the finished article. There is loads about his game that needs to be improved. What fucks me off more than anything though is the constant sniping, clearly with some sort of Agenda from Anal.

In terms of raw talent though, he's one of the most exciting kids we've had in a black and white shirt for a long time.