Fred's Pledge

Skirge

bringing in better "big name" players won't help us long term; if we still have a s*** manager/coaches/scouts/youth system we'll never progress

Correctamundo....

Fix the head and the body will take care of itself. ;)

We all know that Shepherd and Roeder will remain here next season so we have to accept the fact that Roeder will spend the money in the summer

We don't know that. We have to pray to any God you can find that Roeder is not here.

That man should be allowed to spend NOTHING. Not a penny. In fact, we should be billing HIM for fucking us up.

He hasn't really fuked us up with his buying though.

Souness you can blame for that, and even SBR, they wasted more money than anyone in my lifetime, GR has been ok in the transfer market, just crap at everything else.

If he is in charge and buying, we'll be getting sensible players in imo, although i would like a new manager buying his own team from the start, not playing with someone elses after they've been sacked just after the window has closed.

Roeder has been awful. Martins, fair enough, but he's paid £10m for a player with potential, when we need someone who has already realised theirs. He wasted £5m on a player we didn't need. He brought in Bernard AFTER the window closed, and has never played him. And he brought in Gooch, who is not good.

He shoudl never be allowed to buy anyone again, although bearing in mind he shouldn't be allowed to manage a club again, thats a given.

Can't argue with that  :lol:

Gooch could of easily worked, if he went to another EPL team it probably would of worked for him, same thing with Duff, even though i agree we didn't need him, at £5m i thought it was the signing of the season, and so did most.

Martins was a gamble, imo its paid off, he's worth a lot more now than when we bought him, especially if Chelsea are sniffing.

If we put Duff up for sale in the summer there is no way we wouldn't get our money back, i think we might even make a profit on the transfer fee, but taking into account wages we'll probably break even.

And we'll have failed to buy the left back, centre back and striker we've needed since day 1 - and whom Roeder has utterly failed to get.

bringing in better "big name" players won't help us long term; if we still have a s*** manager/coaches/scouts/youth system we'll never progress

Correctamundo....

We all know that Shepherd and Roeder will remain here next season so we have to accept the fact that Roeder will spend the money in the summer

We don't know that. We have to pray to any God you can find that Roeder is not here.

That man should be allowed to spend NOTHING. Not a penny. In fact, we should be billing HIM for fucking us up.

Souness you can blame for that, and even SBR, they wasted more money than anyone in my lifetime, GR has been ok in the transfer market, just crap at everything else.

If he is in charge and buying, we'll be getting sensible players in imo, although i would like a new manager buying his own team from the start, not playing with someone elses after they've been sacked just after the window has closed.

Roeder has been awful. Martins, fair enough, but he's paid £10m for a player with potential, when we need someone who has already realised theirs. He wasted £5m on a player we didn't need. He brought in Bernard AFTER the window closed, and has never played him. And he brought in Gooch, who is not good.

He shoudl never be allowed to buy anyone again, although bearing in mind he shouldn't be allowed to manage a club again, thats a given.

Gooch could of easily worked, if he went to another EPL team it probably would of worked for him, same thing with Duff, even though i agree we didn't need him, at £5m i thought it was the signing of the season, and so did most.

Martins was a gamble, imo its paid off, he's worth a lot more now than when we bought him, especially if Chelsea are sniffing.

If we put Duff up for sale in the summer there is no way we wouldn't get our money back, i think we might even make a profit on the transfer fee, but taking into account wages we'll probably break even.

And we'll have failed to buy the left back, centre back and striker we've needed since day 1 - and whom Roeder has utterly failed to get.

Is it his fault or the man upstairs?

Don't forget GR just hands over a list and FS is the one who goes out to buy.

GR has very little say in the final decision on where to spend the cash imo.

We all know GR is in a job as FS can control him without much squealing.

Correctamundo....

If you're defending his transfers with Martins, you have to kick him for the utter lack of defenders that we needed more than anything. He's the manager, its his responsibility.

Correctamundo....

If you're defending his transfers with Martins, you have to kick him for the utter lack of defenders that we needed more than anything. He's the manager, its his responsibility.

My take on how it went this summer between GR & FS:

GR "Well i think we need some defenders"

FS "Do you?"

"Yes, that area needs more bodies"

"That's nice"

"So would you like to see who i think we should buy?"

"No, not really"

"But we need them!"

"What about the strikers you were looking at, don't you want them?"

"Well yes, but defense is also a priority"

"Hmmm, this Martins fella, £10m, big price, what about him?"

"Well yes that would be great but we need to strengthen in other places as well"

"£10m striker, from abroad, should get me back on side with the fans"

"It might, but there are other issues..."

"Hush, my mind is made up, striker it is, i'll be popular again, everyone likes a goalscorer, everyone likes the man to bring a goalscorer"

"Ok, What about if we get a cheaper goalscorer and some defenders?"

"No money is for forward, you'll have to sell to buy"

"But i did, i sold Boumsong, can i have that money then?

"No, we lost money on him, you need to sell more"

"But there isn't anyone else"

"Well, look for freebies, there are plenty, that Sol was free, why didn't you get him?"

"He was on the list, but you wouldn't pay his wages"

"Old bastard demanding £80kpw, no chance"

"Ok then, so now i've got no more money to spend?"

"Yes, that's right, and by the way, i bought Duff, snip at £5m, big name cheap price, i am legend"

"Is that it then?"

"Yes, so goodbye, don't bother me again until after the window has closed"

Guest Knightrider

Restated: "Due to appointing another shitty manager, we will be forced into spending some money again, money we don't have BTW, in the hope that by spending more money, we can paper over the cracks sufficiently"

If the board had any balls and brains, they'd dispense with Roeder at the final whistle and put their money on a thoroughbred. Otherwise we're pissing in the wind and will waste more money.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Restated: "Due to appointing another shitty manager, we will be forced into spending some money again, money we don't have BTW, in the hope that by spending more money, we can paper over the cracks sufficiently"

If the board had any balls and brains, they'd dispense with Roeder at the final whistle and put their money on a thoroughbred. Otherwise we're pissing in the wind and will waste more money.

if you had any brains you might realise there were none out there who wanted the job

Guest Knightrider

if you had any brains you might realise there were none out there who wanted the job

As ever you miss the point entirely :lol:

Guest Invicta_Toon

which was?

Guest Knightrider

which was?

Figure it out yourself :lol:

Guest Invicta_Toon

which was?

Figure it out yourself :lol:

don't even pretend you had one man.

Guest Knightrider

OK Fick Vic :lol:

Abuse ;)

Kcuf Ffo as they say in Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

I think Roeder would manage to buy the players that are most needed, and most of those would be capable if not even good. What I do doubt is Roeder ability to fashion them into a team as the current squad don't look like they want to play for him anymore.

Let's suppose there is a split in the dressing room, with half the lads humpy with Roeder. He gets rid of them and buys in new. Now we have a first 11(15) who are willing to play for him. First game we go behind in it all falls apart again because he doesn't know what to do to change things in a game. Tactical awareness is very poor and not sure of his motivational skills either.

Proven manager needed, scouting network needed, good trainers needed.

30m spent in the summer ain't going to fix this club.

I'm surprised that anyone still takes what Shepherd says seriously. He can't be trusted. We were going to spend money during January, and then didn't - supposedly because of the Halls driving the prices up by talk of a takeover. The man is a bull$hitter.

This'll work a treat on me 'ead

O

o

http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/1426/shepherdfreddypa250x350tp0.jpg

Guest Alan Shearer 9

How could Gooch have worked if he went to a different club? You don't suddenly become Maldini if you move somewhere else, fact is the guy's ability level is not good enough, worse than Bramble's by a fair margin

How could Gooch have worked if he went to a different club? You don't suddenly become Maldini if you move somewhere else, fact is the guy's ability level is not good enough, worse than Bramble's by a fair margin

He played only 5 games for us!

You cant make that kind of radical conclusions about him

Especially when all the players from our team were shit,not only Gooch

Give him the chance to prove himself.

I'll give him 3 year contract and see how he plays next season