Three players you didn't like

Stevie

Dyer

Dyer

and Dyer

Harsh. He's been poorly. The diseased, overrated, mediocre little shit for brains.......ah, thats better.

Unbelievable, tbh.

Honestly don't understand some of the slating Dyer gets on here.

Dyer

Dyer

and Dyer

Harsh. He's been poorly. The diseased, overrated, mediocre little shit for brains.......ah, thats better.

Unbelievable, tbh.

Really? Oh well. Maybe, when you stop believing he is an international-standard, creative player who actually contributes anything tangible, you'll come to your senses. Good luck with that.

Cracking thread this, by the way. A pleasant change from slagging off the current lot... let's share it out in equal measure with the previous dross as well, it's only fair. You've been in fine fettle lately though Stevie, and I'm glad the Barton thing wasn't as irrational as I first felt it might have been, thanks to you and Yorkie/'s Dad.

Let's not sidetrack it with bullshite though, eh lads? I'm sure this could turn out to be a quality thread if people's agendas are put to one side.

Dyer

Dyer

and Dyer

Harsh. He's been poorly. The diseased, overrated, mediocre little s*** for brains.......ah, thats better.

Unbelievable, tbh.

Really? Oh well. Maybe, when you stop believing he is an international-standard, creative player who actually contributes anything tangible, you'll come to your senses. Good luck with that.

Can I just point out, the word "an" can only be used when the following word is a vowel.

Cracking thread this, by the way. A pleasant change from slagging off the current lot... let's share it out in equal measure with the previous dross as well, it's only fair. You've been in fine fettle lately though Stevie, and I'm glad the Barton thing wasn't as irrational as I first felt it might have been, thanks to you and Yorkie/'s Dad.

Let's not sidetrack it with bullshite though, eh lads? I'm sure this could turn out to be a quality thread if people's agendas are put to one side.

Yes boss, right away boss.

Dyer

Dyer

and Dyer

Harsh. He's been poorly. The diseased, overrated, mediocre little s*** for brains.......ah, thats better.

Unbelievable, tbh.

Can I just point out, the word "an" can only be used when the following word is a vowel.

As in: "an international"? :lol:

Or was this just a general aside to things?

Dyer

Dyer

and Dyer

Unbelievable, tbh.

Utter bullshit, but agree entirely with The Jan. This has the potential to be a decent thread so i'm not going to go on about something this nonsencial and typically Northern Monkey-like.

My dad's happy to help, btw.

Guest Invicta_Toon

aye, Stevies grammar agenda was about to ruin it tbh

Bowyer. I was gutted when he signed for us as at that time we already had enough players with poor reputations and didn't need any more. I never warmed to him and never will.

Darren Peacock. Can't really rationalise this one - maybe it was the hair.

Ameobi. He frustrates the hell out of me. He lollops around like a Nigerian Ja Ja Binks and I frequently want to slap him back out of the little dream world he appears to be in when he's supposed to be onside. 

Didi Hamman. Softest German ever to grace the Premiership

GREAT shout, another one that i considered putting, but thought he was decent enough not to be lumped in there. Plus we acquired a tasty £8m in return for his services.

Dyer

Dyer

and Dyer

Unbelievable, tbh.

As in: "an international"? :lol:

Or was this just a general aside to things?

Northern Monkey is the first to point out mistakes people make, there's a glaring one in his sig.  I expected more from the upper crust of Whitley Bay society.

Regarding Barton, in my old season ticket seat, the bloke I sat to, he was a fireman.  His hatred of WB knew no bounds, never have I heard anybody slag a player off as badly as this Jonathan slagged WB.  Many people held the same views at the time, he freely admits the stick he took even now. 

I remember when he equalised against the dippers at Anfield making it 3-3, everyone thought he was shit at the time, and as if coming back from 3-0 down at Liverpool wasn't special enough Barton got the equaliser.

I think his finest moment was that last minute winner against Spurs though, he kissed the badge as they do, but there was genuine feeling there, and I do believe he loved the club.

Bowyer's a good shout actually Cath. I warmed to him a little bit until the fight but I was absolutely gutted when we signed him, I despised him.

Can't bear the snivelling little cockney tosser.

The players I generally tend to dislike are the one's that are always praised or held in high esteem by the media and fans AKA the massively overrated ones.

1. Dyer, my dislike for him stemmed from his ability to do feck all for the majority of games, offering nothing going forward or defensively yet still get a whooping great big contract every couple of seasons. Plus the rest of this.

- Being Undroppable

- Being a complete prick off the pitch

- Never going into tackles on the pitch / having the odd break while holding onto the goal post

- Always being injured

- Always missing one on ones

- Always being called up to the England squad despite playing crap

- Inability to pass more than 10 yards or have any vision or creativity.

My dislike for him has lowered somewhat recently, after he admitted he had been a prick in the past.

2. Harper, I've never taken to Steve as the goalkeeper. I had always been a massive Given fan back in the 90's, and it pained me to see him picked over Shay. If he was an ambitious person, I would have thought he would have left years ago when it was clear that Shay was the undisputed number 1.

I also don't think he is anywhere near as good as people make him out to be, he just lacks the general mobility that Shay has always had.

The last one is going to be quite controversial

3. Shearer, but only for the final couple of seasons.

It was becoming increasingly obvious that Shearer was past his best for a couple of years before he actually retired, yet he would always be the first name on the team sheet. Every game we would just lump the ball up to him from the back as soon as we ran out of ideas. His decision to stay on for another year was pointless and selfish, he knew he was past yet but decided to stay on to break Milburn's goalscoring record. His God like status has always been a problem to me as has the fact his poor performances were never mentioned in the local rags or national press.

I liked Hamann, actually. My overriding memories of him are his cracking goals and his decent passing ability, aside from that I'll readily admit my knowledge of him when he was here is lacking. I was sad to see him go, like. It'd be interesting to hear more from you about him, or anyone else really.

Bowyer makes sense, although I always felt he offered us something useful. Horrible bloke like.

Darren Peacock is just out of order, though :knuppel2: How can you dislike someone with that hair and with legs that were so obviously different lengths!?!

Didi Hamman. Softest German ever to grace the Premiership

He was one of my favourite players for the season he was here.

Me too, was a class above all the rest of our team the season he was here.

I was a massive fan of Bowyer as well before we signed him. Obviously there was his off the pitch shit, but as a player i really rated him. We rarely seen the form of his Leeds days in a black and white shirt though. His performance against Tottenham at SJP last season was superb. Thats probably the only time he put in a 9/10 performance out of us out of all the games he played. Its probably one of the only times he put in a performance above a 7/10 tbh.

Darren Peacock is just out of order, though :knuppel2: How can you dislike someone with that hair and with legs that were so obviously different lengths!?!

:lol:

I really don't know. Wasn't a fan of Gillespie either.

Bowyer's a good shout actually Cath. I warmed to him a little bit until the fight but I was absolutely gutted when we signed him, I despised him.

forgot about him, perhaps cos he was such a non-entity in his time here. he'd have to be at the top of the list.