'We always back our managers'

Cronky

You can knock Shepherd for plenty of things but one thing you can't say is he doesn't back managers financially.

In the last transfer window he backed Roeder with plenty of cash a??

you're new on here aren't you

You can knock Shepherd for plenty of things but one thing you can't say is he doesn't back managers financially.

Roeder said money was available but didn't want to spend it just for the sake of it, he couldn't get the players he wanted.

Ask your wife she knows me pretty well considering how close we are...

From The Times...

As to his priorities in the transfer market, Roeder was noncommittal — “There are areas in the Newcastle United squad which need improving and they need improving quickly,” he said — but the Londoner has spoken of assembling a defence worthy of his goalkeeper, Shay Given; two centre halves and a left back will represent his chief demands this summer.

In the short term, Roeder could have simplified matters through buying new players in January, but having discerned that his preferred candidates were not available, he was unwilling to shore up his position by acceding to inferior arrivals.

“I did target players in the transfer window, but it is accepted in football that this is a bad time to do business,” he said. “If you look back, Aston Villa bought big and West Ham also did for different reasons and they might live to regret it. You only have 30 days and I was trying to buy a certain type of player who I also wanted to be a certain age.

“At the end of the day, the clubs of the players simply did not want to sell, even at what I would consider over-the-top prices. One was a club who are going to be promoted to the Premiership and a couple were still in Europe and they did not want to sell at any price.”

Roeder said money was available but didn't want to spend it just for the sake of it, he couldn't get the players he wanted.

1.The fact that Roeder said they were money that doesnt mean that actually they were.Roeder says alot of things but most of what he says is not true

2.We dont know with how much Shepherd had backed him-maybe he said to him you have 2m,do what you want to do with them

3.Considering that we were in the biggest injury crisis in the club's history i dont think that Shepherd backed Roeder the best way

Are you honestly 22?

what a daft post. As HTL said .......

:nods:

I was just saying that was probably the reason he didn't understand the pedantry.

Pedantry! Wot Pedantry?  :weep:

Hey, just noticed he's been banned for the comment toward me!! Come on, that's a bit harsh. What he posted doesn't bother me in the slightest.

I was just saying that was probably the reason he didn't understand the pedantry.

Hey, just noticed he's been banned for the comment toward me!! Come on, that's a bit harsh. What he posted doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Big old ban enabler you!

Big old ban enabler you!

Wot's this "old" reference about, like?  ;)

I'm 48, means I'm just a lad compared to some.

Big old ban enabler you!

Wot's this "old" reference about, like?   ;)

I'm 48, means I'm just a lad compared to some.

Old enough to be my dad tbh! :D

Compared to Rob W though you have many MANY years ahead of you.

NUFC06 sometimes uses bulgarian expressions and phrases which don't really make sense or sound too offensive in english.. it's a bit like the Emre situation.. bulgarian language is somewhat more direct and common bulgarian street talk transcribed in english would sound incredibly childish and rude..

for example the most used swear expression in english is 'fuck you', in bulgarian it is 'your mother/wife will get fucked' (ше ти се ебе майката)

Bulgarians are all childish then?

Can you let me know what country its more acceptable to say "I'm rubber you're glue, whatever you say to me bounces off and sticks to you"

?

Bulgarians are all childish then?

Can you let me know what country its more acceptable to say "I'm rubber you're glue, whatever you say to me bounces off and sticks to you"

?

do english people use this? it sounds kinda retarded, you f****** b****** ;)

Guest Petay

This claim gets on my tits because our salad dogger of a chairman uses it to excuse himself, yes he gives the managers money but he has brought in some distinctly below par managers and let them piss it all away on crap.

I'm guessing NUFC06 speaks better English than you lot do Bulgarian. :razz:

oh. Now I realise why he knows very little about Newcastle.

I'll just go on record, and say I realise it isn't his fault, and I realise he is a NUFC fan, but I would expect him to listen to people that know more than he does when he is back.

Guest Invicta_Toon

doesn't stop him knowing jack about football and contradicting his mad idealistic beliefs in every post

doesn't stop him knowing jack about football and contradicting his mad idealistic beliefs in every post

Neither does your English tbf.

This claim gets on my tits because our salad dogger of a chairman uses it to excuse himself, yes he gives the managers money but he has brought in some distinctly below par managers and let them piss it all away on crap.

Hmm, interesting.

Dalglish had a track record second to none.

Gullit's track record was reasonable, having won a trophy and was big enough in football to attract players to the club.

Robson's track record goes without saying, being superb throughout his career in management.

I detest Souness but have to admit he'd won trophies and had a track record on a par with the much adored Martin O'Neill, for example.

Roeder is the one with no track record to speak of.

So can you please clarify which managers you say were known to be below par on the day they were appointed? I'm interested in how you plan to rewrite the record books and alter known facts.

Or are you saying in a strange kind of way that for the most part the Board has appointed managers with good track records and backed them in the belief they would repeat success at previous clubs at Newcastle but that the managers f***** it up?

Tbh no matter how you dress it up Souness was a below par appointment, its not as if he suddenly turned shit with us now is it? Its like saying we should stick Shearer up front next season because he was a 25+ goal a season striker and once the most expensive player in the world.