Sidwell in and Van Bronckhorst rumour

Guest leon b

Guest leon b

Guys i can confirm that steve sidwell has agreed to signed for us as long as roeder stays as boss,My freind has the same agent as him and say it's a done deal!

My source also tells me that the club have held talks with gio van bronckhorsts reps and a deal is not far off.

Gee, can I be the first to say I hope the FA doesn't hear about this - I'm pretty sure pre-contracts for domestic Bosman-style transfers is against the rules!!!

Gio as a left back - we could certainly do worse... Not sure how that fits in with Glenn's age restrictions...

Guest BooBoo

If we do get Sidwell i think it will almost certainly mean at least one of Butt or Emre is heading for the exit door.

Guest leon b

my freind feels pretty certain, we were talking about the toon and he said ''you lot have sidwell in the bag'' i thought he was saying he'd heard the rumour but he's actually heard directly from his agent. also said that the van bronckhorst deal is in the pipline.

Guest leon b

i won't name his name but i can say he's a sheffield united player and my best freind so i trust him.

Guest leon b

well i understand people being a bit sceptical i believe him whole heartedly but i suppose things can change quickly in footie.

Gee, can I be the first to say I hope the FA doesn't hear about this - I'm pretty sure pre-contracts for domestic Bosman-style transfers is against the rules!!!

Don't think so, think it all just comes under the Bosman ruling. 6 months or less to go and they can speak to anyone.

Guest leon b

i not all that sure about van bronckhorst as a left back though, technically good but not too solid.

Guest Sniffer

I'll believe it when I see it.

Michael Dawson was supposedly also signed, sealed but then not delivered.

Guest leon b

think he found out about gio through his agent aswell, im still at his house in sheffield now and will pick his brains later(after he's finished licking his wounds following his teams lose yesterday)

i must say taylor was fantastic yesterday!!!

Guest leon b

i was kinda happy about the news as it shows the club is at least trying to get a bit of quality in,van bronckhorst is the wrond side of thirty though.

Don't think so, think it all just comes under the Bosman ruling. 6 months or less to go and they can speak to anyone.

A quick, rough and ready search has revealed the following quote:

Premiership rules forbid rival clubs from talking to out-of-contract players until the end of the season.

But Sidwell is aware of strong interest from Toon boss Glenn Roeder.

From this thread - http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=38152.0 -  which quoted this source - http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2007150398,00.html

I know the Sun isn't the most reputable of sources, but I was fairly sure that was the case...

6 weeks until contract expires for players in the same Country.

i was kinda happy about the news as it shows the club is at least trying to get a bit of quality in,van bronckhorst is the wrond side of thirty though.

So is Campbell but he's been a revelation for Pompey. Sometimes old-buys are good buys

6 weeks until contract expires for players in the same Country.

I stand corrected.

Guest IHateBoro

My mates agent is the same as Kaka's. He plays for Leeds and says a deal is almost done for Kaka!

:rolleyes:

Good signing for Leeds imo, if they show this kind of ambition then they'll be back in the premiership in no time.