Newcastle 0 - 0 Arsenal - Post match thoughts

Dave

Feel crazy for saying this but very dissapointed with that result. It was a boring game we definitely could have and should have nicked 1-0. That's us all but out of Europe, safe from Relelgation. I'm predicting 10-11th place finish.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Fucksake. I want my 8 quid back you lazy bunch of fucks

and who the fuck are people kidding saying Emre and Zogbia are better than anyone else in the team?

Guest Alan Shearer 9

s*** result considering we could have won the game at a canter if we could play football in any capacity

in our current state of "footballing capacity", could we have asked for more?

Yeah, a win. If we couldn't then we may as well sell half the squad.

If only Duff could shoot. :(

If only Martins could control a ball, etc. No point blaming individuals the only player who stood out going forward was Solano, everyone else was shit and it cost us the game.

I'm not blaming him, simply saying if he'd have managed to put away one of those chances he had, we'd have won.

I have to laugh at some of you saying shit result, tell me this would yous have taken 0-0 against Arsenal after the Man City game last week? after a win we all of a sudden are top 4 material again it would seem to some.

Guest Invicta_Toon

We were missing Parker!

(ducks for cover)

he would have taken that game by the scruff of the neck I tells ya

bunch of lazy fucks

Played neither particularly bad nor particularly good ......Butt, Taylor and Salano stand outs for us. Rest blew hot and cold would have taken 4 points from last two games so cant complain.

Milners cross/shot Salanos double clearance best moments of poor game.

I have to laugh at some of you saying shit result, tell me this would yous have taken 0-0 against Arsenal after the Man City game last week? after a win we all of a sudden are top 4 material again it would seem to some.

Arsenal were there for the taking today, that's the only reason people are disappointed.

First-half diagnosis?

Boring

Second-half diagnosis?

Boring

Full-time diagnosis?

Decent Result, Crap game

Star man for United?

Butt

Worst United player?

Carr

Opposition comment?

Contributed the same to the games as us - very little

Toon-pros?

Clean Sheet

Toon-cons?

Given/Dyer injuries

Post-match feelings?

The players are looking to the end of the season by the looks of it, gives most of them time to put their houses on the market in readiness of a move

Guest Alan Shearer 9

We're absolutely s*** going forward. Sell Emre and Butt get in Sidwell + a central attacking midfielder who can play football.

Butt did his job today. Emre did not.

Yeah but if we're getting Sidwell in then may as well sell Butt he'll be 32

Is Sidwell a holding player though? I thought he was more of a Parker - ie no particular speciality.

Parker is a very good holding player imo, if we played him like that; he's an excellent tackler. Sidwell I'm not overly familiar with but I've seen enough of him to tell you he'll make more creative passes in a game than Emre did in that one.

Guest magpies_rawk

Feel crazy for saying this but very dissapointed with that result. It was a boring game we definitely could have and should have nicked 1-0. That's us all but out of Europe, safe from Relelgation. I'm predicting 10-11th place finish.

only very slightly aggrieved considering the fact that the Arse were on a bad run of form. but as i mentioned earlier, could we have expected more ?

i love the club and i expect a lot from it as many of us do. however, a decent, solid performance is the best i can come to expect from us in recent times.

The Arse are freaking weak mentally, didn't show enough desire to win this. a draw's  a fair result i'd say.

First-half diagnosis?

Boring

Second-half diagnosis?

Boring

Full-time diagnosis?

Decent Result, Crap game

Star man for United?

Butt

Worst United player?

Carr

Opposition comment?

Toon-pros?

Clean Sheet

Toon-cons?

Given/Dyer injuries

Post-match feelings?

The players are looking to the end of the season by the looks of it, gives most of them time to put their houses on the market in readiness of a move

Carr worst player??? talkin pure bollocks mate

Guest Alan Shearer 9

I can't believe people are picking Butt for MOTM. I guess if we have fans that daft maybe that's why we're pretty shit at football.

We're absolutely s*** going forward. Sell Emre and Butt get in Sidwell + a central attacking midfielder who can play football.

Butt did his job today. Emre did not.

Yeah but if we're getting Sidwell in then may as well sell Butt he'll be 32

Is Sidwell a holding player though? I thought he was more of a Parker - ie no particular speciality.

Parker is a very good holding player imo, if we played him like that; he's an excellent tackler. Sidwell I'm not overly familiar with but I've seen enough of him to tell you he'll make more creative passes in a game than Emre did in that one.

Parker - tackling + passing = Sidwell

from what I can tell

Figure that Sidwell is actually the kind of player that Roeder wants Parker to be.

First-half diagnosis?

Boring

Second-half diagnosis?

Boring

Full-time diagnosis?

Decent Result, Crap game

Star man for United?

Butt

Worst United player?

Carr

Opposition comment?

Toon-pros?

Clean Sheet

Toon-cons?

Given/Dyer injuries

Post-match feelings?

Sorry, but Carr was far from being the worst player and I hate his guts!!

Gooch was much worse, for one.

We played a half decent game,it was mainly down to the fact that Arsenal played shit today,as ever

My Ratings :-

Given (6), Had a decent half an hour,before injuring himself

Carr (6), Looked solid,Hleb caused him very little trouble today

Gooch (6),Full of errors,but had some good moments

Taylor (6) looked decent,wasn't troubled by Arsenals poor attacking

Solano ( 8 ) Saved the game for us with two fantastic off the line clearences

Butt (7),Worked hard,some nice tackles and touchs

Emre (7) Tireless worker,needs to play more

Milner (7) Brilliant dribbles and couldve scored one of the goals of the decade

Duff (6),Poor,some good runs but missed a hatrick of chance's to score

Martins (7),Some fine runs,no real impact

Dyer (6),one or two runs every now and then,no real impact,got of injured in the seconed half

Subs:-

Harper (6),Didnt have a save to make all day

N'Zogbia (5),As a seconed striker behind Martins!,was really poor

Luque (5),Its good to know he is still alive..Should've been brought on eariler..

Overall,Boring game,we played for a draw and got it,lets just hope that Dyer,Given won't be out for long..

Guest Alan Shearer 9

If it can't be seen that Solano was MOTM then we'll never get players who can play football in the squad again for a long time.

Butt and Emre both did pretty decent jobs, just could have done with Emre pushing on a bit, his passing was fine nonetheless. Nzogbia was shit when he came on. First time Iv seen Gooch's throw, quite impressive!