This is a bit screwed up but...

oldtype

This just ocurred to me on my walk back home yesterday.

Say an owner like Abramovich decides one day to buy... Let's say Fulham and use it at the Chelsea reserves.

So he'd loan out all the players in Chelsea that don't play regularly to Fulham on year long free loans with recall clauses in the contracts.

Even without spending more than a few pennies on actually buying players for Fulham, it would still be just about good enough to stay in the Permiership, so Chelsea could probably have an outlet with which to get players like Mikel/Kalou Premiership first-team experience indefinitely.

So, besides the fact that it would be a ****ing c***ish ting to do, is there anything stopping any rich club owner from actually doing this?

I'm sure theres some rule to do with conflicts of interest, ie you can't have shares in more than one club. There was a case a while back, can't remember who, and he couldn't take on this new job until he sold his shares with his old one.

I'm sure theres some rule to do with conflicts of interest, ie you can't have shares in more than one club. There was a case a while back, can't remember who, and he couldn't take on this new job until he sold his shares with his old one.

I remember NTL buying shares in our club, the papers reported that they were only allowed 10% maximum (ie they bought 9.99%) because of PL rules since they already had a similar amount in another PL club (cant remember who) as well as Celtic.

I remember NTL buying shares in our club, the papers reported that they were only allowed 10% maximum (ie they bought 9.99%) because of PL rules since they already had a similar amount in another PL club (cant remember who) as well as Celtic.

Villa?

Villa?

Might be right there. It was another mid table club certainly.

Guest Invicta_Toon

common ownership is barred

Rafa was whinging a while ago about wanting to enter a Liverpool reserve team in the football league

Guest Deep456

This just ocurred to me on my walk back home yesterday.

Say an owner like Abramovich decides one day to buy... Let's say Fulham and use it at the Chelsea reserves.

So he'd loan out all the players in Chelsea that don't play regularly to Fulham on year long free loans with recall clauses in the contracts.

Even without spending more than a few pennies on actually buying players for Fulham, it would still be just about good enough to stay in the Permiership, so Chelsea could probably have an outlet with which to get players like Mikel/Kalou Premiership first-team experience indefinitely.

So, besides the fact that it would be a ****ing c***ish ting to do, is there anything stopping any rich club owner from actually doing this?

What happens when Fulham v Chelski. All the players won't  play and Fulham won't have half a team.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Didn't Chelsea buy someone and loan him to a belgian side to get round work permit rules

I thought most clubs loaned to get round the transfer windows

Villa?

Correct, they had 9.9% in Newcastle, Villa and someone else in the Prem I think. Possibly West Ham?

And there are rules about ownership of more than one club in the Premiership. Plus, why would RA bother buying an English club at some stupid inflated price, he'd just buy some cheapo French team or something and farm the players out there.

Villa?

Correct, they had 9.9% in Newcastle, Villa and someone else in the Prem I think. Possibly West Ham?

And there are rules about ownership of more than one club in the Premiership. Plus, why would RA bother buying an English club at some stupid inflated price, he'd just buy some cheapo French team or something and farm the players out there.

I think it was leeds. But they didnt have the name on their shirt.

I'm sure theres some rule to do with conflicts of interest, ie you can't have shares in more than one club.

This, but only shares from the same league. So you can own more than one club but they can't be in the same league.

Roman has shares in a Russian club if I remember correctly.

Guest Invicta_Toon

I'm sure theres some rule to do with conflicts of interest, ie you can't have shares in more than one club.

This, but only shares from the same league. So you can own more than one club but they can't be in the same league.

iirc he had to become a silent partner of that club for them to be allowed in the Euro cups

Guest NIToon

Didn't Chelsea buy someone and loan him to a belgian side to get round work permit rules

I thought most clubs loaned to get round the transfer windows

There's a difference between the number of players you can loan out and number you can bring in.  Many clubs loan out players with work permit issues:

Liverpool - Gonzalez

Manure - Dong

Only clubs outside the Prem can loan outside the transfer windows

His company sponsor CSKA Moscow(or Loko...cant remember) but for a sponsorship amount is a lot espec for a Ruski team so effectively he gives them ? amount a year.

Guest NIToon

His company sponsor CSKA Moscow(or Loko...cant remember) but for a sponsorship amount is a lot espec for a Ruski team so effectively he gives them ? amount a year.

It was CSKA andwas to do with a sponsorship by an oil company he had a controlling interest in.  AFAIK he has since sold his share in the business