Spuds tonight

madras

Guest TheOrder

The ref on both legs was a complete joke. Whatever you think about us the facts are they got a dodgy pen in the 1st leg which clearly wasnt a pen and we should have had a pen tonight. Add to that the disgraceful play acting by Sevilla that both refs encouraged. They played far better then us 1st half but they were utter s**** 2nd half. In the 1st leg they didnt perform at all. We missed a lot of clear cut chances which was our major problem. Oh well still proud of the 2nd half display.

They're better than you lot. Stop crying.

showed more fight than we did tbf

Correct.

You didn't have Newcastle fans blaming the ref for the result though. In general, we accepted that Alkmaar had been the better team over the two legs.

Stop being a complete clown. If you watched both our games you would see that the refs were a complete joke and that ultimately cost us at the end, no matter how good Sevilla played in the first half. Any NEUTRAL would agree.

Give over man, Sevilla were better.

Alkmaar were the first competent team NUFC played in the UEFA cup and we were undone, likewise with Spurs. Undone by opposistion technically very good and capable of scoring goals.

They were better in the 1st half and that was it. they were a complete joke in the 1st leg until the dodgy ref from Luxemborg gave them a ridiculous penalty that didnt even look remotly like a penalty. He then decided to invent the new "drop ball" rule which basically was 'if a team kick it out for a clear corner, instead of giving the corner to the opposition he will instead call 2 players from opposite teams to contest a drop-ball'.

You lost, get on with it.  Sevilla went 4-1 up on aggeregate, they didn't need to chase the game, and apart from two lucky bounces of the ball were really quite comfortable.  You're out beaten by a different class side to yourselves, stop the small time mentality, you're not got enough, deal with it.  When we go out, we have an inquest about why we're so s***, no recriminations about referees or bad luck.  We could say we'd have beaten AZ if the ref didn't give that ridiculous penalty, but we don't because we were beaten by a better side in Holland, as you were tonight.

As opposed to 1 of there goals being a complete cock-up by one of our midfielders :rolleyes:. If you want to look at it that way we could easily say we were not in any danger in the 1st leg apart from a joke of a pen and a lucky header that was caused by another total cock up by one of our players. The only class goal they scored was the kanoute goal tonight so please dont go on about the "lucky bounces" we had for our goals.

The stats show that we had more shots on target, more shots of target, more corners and more possession tonight so i fail to see how we were beaten by the better team. Dont get me wrontg, Sevilla are a better team then us but they most certainly didnt prove it over the 2 legs (except the 1st half tonight).

If If's and Buts were candy and nuts..

So you've changed your entire argument now? :lol:

no, it's still a video review of a penalty decision

The only thing that stirred up so much discussion was your assertion we should review pens after the award.

well, it still is, but it obviously is up to the ref to decide if he's given one first. Again, this is not about stopping the game everytime a player shouts

Video replays for decisions is a totally different kettle of fish, and could be workable depending on the speed of the second look by the other official with screen. If it's not pretty much instantaneous and as independent as possible of the ref's own initial thoughts it would be too slow imo.

The ref would have to have the opinions relayed to him personally too, rather than the stadium like in other sports.

Can we agree that 'if a referee is unsure about whether or not to give a penalty, he should be able to ask for replays to decide BEFORE he gives his decision'? Pretty please? :cheesy:

Guest Invicta_Toon

The only thing that stirred up so much discussion was your assertion we should review pens after the award.

well, it still is, but it obviously is up to the ref to decide if he's given one first. Again, this is not about stopping the game everytime a player shouts

But then what is the fucking point if the referee still has to make the desicion that he could well get wrong and then the decision does not go to a TV replay? Your idea is fucking stupid, just like you.

because he gets the advantage of reviewing his decision using video. wasn't rocket science but stills seems to have lost you i see

Guest Invicta_Toon

Video replays for decisions is a totally different kettle of fish, and could be workable depending on the speed of the second look by the other official with screen. If it's not pretty much instantaneous and as independent as possible of the ref's own initial thoughts it would be too slow imo.

The ref would have to have the opinions relayed to him personally too, rather than the stadium like in other sports.

that was the idea all along

Can we agree that 'if a referee is unsure about whether or not to give a penalty, he should be able to ask for replays to decide BEFORE he gives his decision'? Pretty please? :cheesy:

That can be the only thing Vic could argue for. Anything other way about it is ridiculous.

Guest Invicta_Toon

I did a few posts back

But then what is the f****** point if the referee still has to make the desicion that he could well get wrong and then the decision does not go to a TV replay? Your idea is f****** stupid, just like you.

because he gets the advantage of reviewing his decision using video. wasn't rocket science but stills seems to have lost you i see

No, your stupid idea is just that, stupid.. you f****** pick.

The whole idea of using TV replays for anything is to take away the chance of the referee getting a decision wrong, so then what is the point in just using it to confirm his decision or not, when he could well get it wrong anyway and a team may not get a penalty when they should have because of a mistake by the referee.

Think about it you thick c***. It is a stupid idea.

:lol:

No it wasn't, you changed it.

Guest Invicta_Toon

But then what is the f****** point if the referee still has to make the desicion that he could well get wrong and then the decision does not go to a TV replay? Your idea is f****** stupid, just like you.

No, your stupid idea is just that, stupid.. you fucking pick.

The whole idea of using TV replays for anything is to take away the chance of the referee getting a decision wrong, so then what is the point in just using it to confirm his decision or not, when he could well get it wrong anyway and a team may not get a penalty when they should have because of a mistake by the referee.

Think about it you think cunt. It is a stupid idea.

well if you were the ref I could see how you might still have difficulty interpreting the rules even after seeing a few replays at all angles. Then again, I don't think you'd pass the ref's course entry exam tbh

I did a few posts back

I know you did.  :lol:

Was trying to bring this argument to a close but there you go... :rolleyes:

No, your stupid idea is just that, stupid.. you f****** pick.

Think about it you think c***. It is a stupid idea.

well if you were the ref I could see how you might still have difficulty interpreting the rules even after seeing a few replays at all angles. Then again, I don't think you'd pass the ref's course entry exam tbh

What the fuck has me passing a referee entry exam got to do with it? Right now now I probs would fail it but if I prepared for it I'd pass. Still you idea is fucking shit, and would spoil the game anyway. Only technology that should be brought in is for goal line decisions.

Guest Invicta_Toon

:lol:

No it wasn't, you changed it.

I only changed who looks at the video/makes the decision

The idea was always to only review penalties given. This was gone through with wullie

The idea was always to only review penalties given. This was gone through with wullie

:idiot2:

1. You said refs should be able to award pens then possibly be overruled by someone watching a screen.

2. People said this is clearly nonsense, and unworkable.

3. You revised it to want to review pens before their award.

Completely separate arguments.

Guest Invicta_Toon

:idiot2:

1. You said refs should be able to award pens then possibly be overruled by someone watching a screen.

2. People said this is clearly nonsense, and unworkable.

3. You revised it to want to review pens before their award.

Completely separate arguments.

apart from the fact they both involve video review of a given penalty

only a pure driven pedant would try to drive a wedge betw.... :lol:

Not at all. The point was that most of the posts in the latter section of this thread are people calling you on your ludicrous idea of overruling refs' decisions via video replay.

Purely thinking video replays should be used in some capacity before their award is a fair opinion that has some good arguments.

Anyway i'm leaving it now. I am a fucking ridiculous pedant, you got that right at least. ;)

The ref on both legs was a complete joke. Whatever you think about us the facts are they got a dodgy pen in the 1st leg which clearly wasnt a pen and we should have had a pen tonight. Add to that the disgraceful play acting by Sevilla that both refs encouraged. They played far better then us 1st half but they were utter s**** 2nd half. In the 1st leg they didnt perform at all. We missed a lot of clear cut chances which was our major problem. Oh well still proud of the 2nd half display.

They're better than you lot. Stop crying.

showed more fight than we did tbf

Correct.

You didn't have Newcastle fans blaming the ref for the result though. In general, we accepted that Alkmaar had been the better team over the two legs.

Stop being a complete clown. If you watched both our games you would see that the refs were a complete joke and that ultimately cost us at the end, no matter how good Sevilla played in the first half. Any NEUTRAL would agree.

Give over man, Sevilla were better.

Alkmaar were the first competent team NUFC played in the UEFA cup and we were undone, likewise with Spurs. Undone by opposistion technically very good and capable of scoring goals.

They were better in the 1st half and that was it. they were a complete joke in the 1st leg until the dodgy ref from Luxemborg gave them a ridiculous penalty that didnt even look remotly like a penalty. He then decided to invent the new "drop ball" rule which basically was 'if a team kick it out for a clear corner, instead of giving the corner to the opposition he will instead call 2 players from opposite teams to contest a drop-ball'.

You lost, get on with it.  Sevilla went 4-1 up on aggeregate, they didn't need to chase the game, and apart from two lucky bounces of the ball were really quite comfortable.  You're out beaten by a different class side to yourselves, stop the small time mentality, you're not got enough, deal with it.  When we go out, we have an inquest about why we're so s***, no recriminations about referees or bad luck.  We could say we'd have beaten AZ if the ref didn't give that ridiculous penalty, but we don't because we were beaten by a better side in Holland, as you were tonight.

The stats show that we had more shots on target, more shots of target,

So you should, you were the home team, and most of those shots were like Jenas' free kick which probably made the upper tier of your tiny hovel.  If Kerhakov had his shooting boots on you should've been 0-4 or 0-5 down at half time.

KingDawson seems to think that the game would've panned out the exact same way had the ref. made decisions that favoured Spurs.

IF Malbranque cleared the ball and  IF someone had scored that "penalty" then Seville would've been on the attack for the last 30 minutes changing the whole complexion of the game.

Lads, lads, lads, let's not let this video replay nonsense spoil a thoroughly entertaining evening. I just laughed myself through 35 minutes of highlights, I'm hoarse now.

Steeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed's fantastic slice

Kanoute's brilliant finish and Sevilla's general arse-raping of Spurs for the entire first half

Berbatov missing three brilliant chances

Michael Dawson proving once again that even kicking a ball in a straight line is beyond him

Jenas's head bouncing between the turf and 12st+ stone of athlete, complete with studs - I'll be honest, I nearly wet myself laughing

Peter Drury and David Pleat jizzing over Spurs - "I dare you, Tottenham Hotspur, I dare you!" :laugh:

The Spurs fans celebrating when Lennon scored made it miles better than a simple thrashing - http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3800045947073900456 (that joke never gets old btw)

The same team exploding over Zokora's penalty - "clear as day"- pretty foggy fucking day lads. Zokora is a nailed on fucking cheat - ask Pedro Mendes - and if he hadn't gone down like a sack of shite, he'd have got his penalty. Tough fucking shit, you CUNT. It wasn't that outrage when Scott Parker scored a perfectly good goal in Alkmaar was it? Cock right off ITV.

The gutted faces of the Nottingham No-marks, Dawson and Jenas at the end. They thought they could beat Sevilla with Stan and Ollie in the team?

Ahahahahahahahahaha! :lol: