Spuds tonight

madras

It was exactly the same as the 2nd leg of Everton v Villareal.

The spanish were the superior footballing side and took an early lead. They then play acted at every opportunity which the Ref allowed. In the second half the english side rallied and got themselves back in the tie on passion and work rate rather than quality football.

They were outclassed but would have stolen the victory all the same if the ref had made the correct decisions (Collina disallowing our goal, this Austrian ref not giving the penalty or two Spurs could have had)

tbh, Chimbonda and Zokora did some nice play-acting tonight as well. It's about time we do away with the idea that players from English sides in Europe don't try it on as well. You are right in saying it wasn't due to quality football that they got back in, but it was as much to do with Seville taking their foot off the pedal than anything really.   Would they have stolen a victory but for the ref? I don't see it that way. I tend to think that class and talent and a better tactician on the sidelines would have seen Sevilla through - they had enough in the tank, they should have been 4-0 up by the time Spurs got back into it for afew minutes.   

Dont think Jol helped Spurs with his substitution either. He got away with it cos Defoe scored straight away. But Zokora  was far more effective than Jenas, and shouldn't have been subbed.

Champions League semis - three English and one German team

Uefa semis - three Spanish and one German team

What price Bayern Munich and Werder Bremen winning both?

Random pic from the Spurs match:

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/7616/rkellyle1.jpg

Champions League semis - three English and one German team

Uefa semis - three Spanish and one German team

What price Bayern Munich and Werder Bremen winning both?

Random pic from the Spurs match:

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/7616/rkellyle1.jpg

The krauts moving their borders again?

Sorry, having one of my funny turns again.  :cheesy:

MrsDoylesports are offering decent odds on Bayern.

Ok, what price the Italian and German teams winning it, then?

Dude, Bayern are out.

yeah dude

Guest Invicta_Toon

not that I care much, but at the end of the day, the incorrect penalty decision by the ref has wrecked this tie

yet people still insist on no video replays

not that I care much, but at the end of the day, the incorrect penalty decision by the ref has wrecked this tie

Wouldn't have been a video replay decision anyway. You'd have to stop the game for everything in that case.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Wouldn't have been a video replay decision anyway. You'd have to stop the game for everything in that case.

no, only for penalties and red cards

Guest kingdawson

The ref on both legs was a complete joke. Whatever you think about us the facts are they got a dodgy pen in the 1st leg which clearly wasnt a pen and we should have had a pen tonight. Add to that the disgraceful play acting by Sevilla that both refs encouraged. They played far better then us 1st half but they were utter shite 2nd half. In the 1st leg they didnt perform at all. We missed a lot of clear cut chances which was our major problem. Oh well still proud of the 2nd half display.

What, not for the ball crossing/not crossing the line?

You can't stop the game and go to a fourth official everytime someone goes down in the box or appeals for holding on a corner.

I'm for video replays for incidents where it's not clear if the ball is in or not, but anything else would be impractical.

The ref on both legs was a complete joke. Whatever you think about us the facts are they got a dodgy pen in the 1st leg which clearly wasnt a pen and we should have had a pen tonight. Add to that the disgraceful play acting by Sevilla that both refs encouraged. They played far better then us 1st half but they were utter s**** 2nd half. In the 1st leg they didnt perform at all. We missed a lot of clear cut chances which was our major problem. Oh well still proud of the 2nd half display.

Kingdawson I've just got one thing to say to you.

The ref on both legs was a complete joke. Whatever you think about us the facts are they got a dodgy pen in the 1st leg which clearly wasnt a pen and we should have had a pen tonight. Add to that the disgraceful play acting by Sevilla that both refs encouraged. They played far better then us 1st half but they were utter shite 2nd half. In the 1st leg they didnt perform at all. We missed a lot of clear cut chances which was our major problem. Oh well still proud of the 2nd half display.

They're better than you lot. Stop crying.

Guest Invicta_Toon

You can't stop the game and go to a fourth official everytime someone goes down in the box or appeals for holding on a corner.

I'm for video replays for incidents where it's not clear if the ball is in or not, but anything else would be impractical.

not penalty appeals but penalty decisions. and of course crossing the line

http://i2.tinypic.com/263tweb.jpg

Guest Invicta_Toon

showed more fight than we did tbf

Decisions? What, so you let the ref give it then overrule him?

Guest Invicta_Toon

Decisions? What, so you let the ref give it then overrule him?

yes...or affirm it

What's the difference between them? If someone appeals for a handball or a shirt tug unseen by the ref, does he have to go to his video man?

Penalties are often subjective anyway, one person's penalty is another person's dive. It needs to be a concrete decision for any video evidence to be brought in.

showed more fight than we did tbf

Correct.