Toon Set For War Over Owen

Guest eyeball_tickler

Guest elbee909

If we can't have Owen play one game against Brazil in an England friendly, we might as well sell him now.  He's a footballer, and tell me which proper footballer wouldn't want to pit their wits against one of the best international teams in the world?  It's the 'price on the ticket' when you go for international players, simple. 

If he gets injured in it due to some ever-present problem then at least he's crocked now and not when we're at the start of the season, past the transfer window and in no position to do anything about it.

If we can't have Owen play one game against Brazil in an England friendly, we might as well sell him now.  He's a footballer, and tell me which proper footballer wouldn't want to pit their wits against one of the best international teams in the world? 

Or play in England's first match at the new Wembley stadium?

If we can't have Owen play one game against Brazil in an England friendly, we might as well sell him now.  He's a footballer, and tell me which proper footballer wouldn't want to pit their wits against one of the best international teams in the world?  It's the 'price on the ticket' when you go for international players, simple. 

If he gets injured in it due to some ever-present problem then at least he's crocked now and not when we're at the start of the season, past the transfer window and in no position to do anything about it.

Pretty much spot on for me, despite initially thinking 'fuck off England!'.

You do have a point with that one.

Now that you mention it, that's a stunningly good point you make there.

Wrapping Owen up in cotton wool (metaphorically speaking) serves nobody's best interests other than the marketing department of NUFC. He's a player, not a fucking ornament.

Thanks for bringing common sense to bear. :thup:

it has a point but not perfectly spot on business view... which fat fred job is doing at NUFC

Guest Gemmill

Wrapping Owen up in cotton wool (metaphorically speaking) serves nobody's best interests other than the marketing department of NUFC. He's a player, not a fucking ornament.

So you now admit you were wrong earlier then? :razz:

To be honest, I'm just pleased (grateful?) that one of the top strikers this country has produced is going to be wasting another year of what is a short career at a deadbeat club like NUFC.  I know he's prouder pulling on the white of England than the black and white of NUFC, and I'm comfortable with that.  Who can blame the lad?

No. I've made no such admission. You show me how I was "wrong". Go on.

Guest Gemmill

First he shouldn't play, now it's ok.  U-turn city tbh.

Wrapping Owen up in cotton wool (metaphorically speaking) serves nobody's best interests other than the marketing department of NUFC. He's a player, not a f****** ornament.

GM your statement in there is vulnerable to gemmil...

Doesn't mean I was wrong. Just that I've moderated my view. Such subtleties escape you.   :coolsmiley:

Guest Gemmill

Doesn't mean I was wrong. Just that I've moderated my view. Such subtleties escape you.   :coolsmiley:

I'm owning you like a slave. :razz:

No you aren't. You're just making yourself look rather puerile. Again.

It isn't up to Owen whether or not he plays for England.

All registered players are the property of FIFA. If a player is called up to an international game for their country (or what is registered as their first country in the case of dual nationality players), he has to play, unless the club appeals, and he fails an independent medical.

Despite lack of sharpness, and match fitness, McClaren could pick Owen for a Newcastle game tommorrow, and Owen would have to play.

In the end of the day, the decision rests solely with McClaren. Although common sense would likely make McClaren willing to rest him for Brazil, given the friendly nature of the game,it would be better for him to get Owen as sharp and fit as possible ready for the Estonia game, which will be the first meaningful and competitive game in which Owen will feature. There is no cance of McClaren resting him for this game, so he may as well play versus Brazil.

Guest Gemmill

:lol:  This is a new personality.  Crybaby Dave.

:lol:  This is a new personality.  Crybaby Dave.

A new personality? Just because you say so?

Guest thenorthumbrian

I really hope Owen does a hamstring so he's out for the season. f*** England.

EMO has a much greater chance of picking up an injury after being out for so long if he plays too many games too early.

I agree f*ck off inger-land.