Talk of an N'Zogbia Transfer request

Guest hindu times

Settling for mediocrity (although I'm probably being kind to Roeder there) nice one. The idea that we couldn't get anyone better than him. FFS! :lol: You've excelled yourself Vic.

I'm not settling for anything, but I've had the same view on NUFC for years now, I'm a realist and prefer not to delude myself and other this club is something it's not, and hasn't ever really been tbh

You tell me who was clamouring to come here, and how we somehow ended up with Roeder? Given FF's stellar record of persuading top managers from their current jobs to come manage NUFC?

We ended up with Roeder because Shepherd took an easy, cheap option on the back of a good run of results. If you're telling me we couldn't do better than a 51 year old in his 4th job now whose career highlight is a toss up between coming 7th with West Ham or coming 7th as caretaker here then I'm afraid I disagree. He's probably got the worst CV in the Premier League. Honorary Geordie though.

I agree this is getting pathetic and exactly what I was trying to say. Anything good = everything but Roeder, anything bad = all Roeders fault! :lol:

When Roeder said he will give everyone a clean slate (including Butt) people were slagging him off. Season nearly over and Butt has been one of our best players, does Roeder get any credit? Nope its all down to Butt! :lol:

Roeder slagged off for signing Sibierski, although pretty average does a lot more than anyone expected. Does Roeder get any credit? Nope Sibierski got lucky :lol:

How stupid is this. Player does well, down to him. Player does shit, down to Roeder. Get a grip lads.

I have never once said a player has played shit due to Roeder.  I have said before the TEAM has played shit due to Roeder. There is a big difference.

No, you said no-one had improved under Roeder. When i gave some examples this was put down to the player not the manager. Same difference tbh.

They havn`t really improved due to Roeder though have they ?  As I said further up Dyer said it was down to alot of work put in by Saunders. Sibs just got lucky and has looked as crap as before against big sides. Milner was let know that he was playing for his furture at SJP or elsewhere this season.

Parker, Zoggy, Emre and Duff have all been a shadow of what they were before Roeder got here or their previous clubs.

Zog had his best form under Roeder if you believe some of the shite on here

Ridiculous to claim Parker or Duff had any form to compare to before Roeder

Emre has always been Emre tbh

If my memory is right Emre and Prker were better players individually under Souness. Duff was certainly better at Chelsea. Zog was better under Robson and Souness than he has been recently.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Settling for mediocrity (although I'm probably being kind to Roeder there) nice one. The idea that we couldn't get anyone better than him. FFS! :lol: You've excelled yourself Vic.

I'm not settling for anything, but I've had the same view on NUFC for years now, I'm a realist and prefer not to delude myself and other this club is something it's not, and hasn't ever really been tbh

You tell me who was clamouring to come here, and how we somehow ended up with Roeder? Given FF's stellar record of persuading top managers from their current jobs to come manage NUFC?

We ended up with Roeder because Shepherd took an easy, cheap option on the back of a good run of results. If you're telling me we couldn't do better than a 51 year old in his 4th job now whose career highlight is a toss up between coming 7th with West Ham or coming 7th as caretaker here then I'm afraid I disagree. He's probably got the worst CV in the Premier League. Honorary Geordie though.

If you honeslty think that was the mental process that Fred followed, especially given the comments from Keegan posted today, then I really can't help you

you're going to be in the dark and dissappointed for a good few years to come tbh

I agree this is getting pathetic and exactly what I was trying to say. Anything good = everything but Roeder, anything bad = all Roeders fault! :lol:

When Roeder said he will give everyone a clean slate (including Butt) people were slagging him off. Season nearly over and Butt has been one of our best players, does Roeder get any credit? Nope its all down to Butt! :lol:

Roeder slagged off for signing Sibierski, although pretty average does a lot more than anyone expected. Does Roeder get any credit? Nope Sibierski got lucky :lol:

What good you can say about Newcastle performance this season?

Because Roeder is the manager of NUFC

If you honeslty think that was the mental process that Fred followed, especially given the comments from Keegan posted today, then I really can't help you

you're going to be in the dark and dissappointed for a good few years to come tbh

Nah, you're right. He scoured Wallsend looking for the best man available before choosing Roeder.

Its called thinking if anyone is in any doubt what Jon is on about.

How stupid is this. Player does well, down to him. Player does s***, down to Roeder. Get a grip lads.

I have never once said a player has played s*** due to Roeder.  I have said before the TEAM has played s*** due to Roeder. There is a big difference.

No, you said no-one had improved under Roeder. When i gave some examples this was put down to the player not the manager. Same difference tbh.

They havn`t really improved due to Roeder though have they ?  As I said further up Dyer said it was down to alot of work put in by Saunders. Sibs just got lucky and has looked as crap as before against big sides. Milner was let know that he was playing for his furture at SJP or elsewhere this season.

Parker, Zoggy, Emre and Duff have all been a shadow of what they were before Roeder got here or their previous clubs.

Zog had his best form under Roeder if you believe some of the s**** on here

If my memory is right Emre and Prker were better players individually under Souness. Duff was certainly better at Chelsea. Zog was better under Robson and Souness than he has been recently.

You are completely right and i was going to say the same thing

How stupid is this. Player does well, down to him. Player does s***, down to Roeder. Get a grip lads.

I have never once said a player has played s*** due to Roeder.  I have said before the TEAM has played s*** due to Roeder. There is a big difference.

Zog had his best form under Roeder if you believe some of the s**** on here

You are completely right and i was going to say the same thing

Just because an un-thinking child says it too, doesnt make it right. Cast your mind back to the Man city game, feb 2006. Parker et al ran into each other because none of them knew what role they were playing. The incident was so ridiculous and such a glaring example of shitness that Souness got fired. We were playing horrendous football and losing games. The situation now is not much better but Souness got what points he did with Shearer, Ameobi and Owen in his side. Owens goals at Blackburn for example led to a great win but the performance was utter shite.

Yes, they have both gone backwards since then.  :rolleyes:

Guest Invicta_Toon

Nah, you're right. He scoured Wallsend looking for the best man available before choosing Roeder.

sure, that's exactly what he did

forgive me if I don't rate your views on anything else tbh if that's the standard of your analysis

forgive me if I don't rate your views on anything else tbh if that's the standard of your analysis

So, enlighten me then Vic. Roeder wasn't the easy option? So what was he then?

The bottom of the barrel.

Guest KJA_NUFC

I have to admit to having my doubts about Roeder as manager but still I think we have rather short memories. I was watching highlights of the Portsmouth game from November? ? (I think) and there was barely 11 players to put out.

Also after losing to Man City last year when Souness got sacked, Roeder has the team playing better 2 days later when they beat Portsmouth.

We have also done well in the UEFA cup - okay they went out with a dismal performance but they had got further than most people expected beating the likes of Palermo on the way.

Roeder also got them to the quarter final of the Carling Cup where they were knocked out by Chelsea and still only just beaten.

Plus all the young players that have come up this year have come from Roeders academy.

Guest Invicta_Toon

the last resort in the face of no alternatives

So, who did Shepherd approach for the job before Roeder then?

Guest Invicta_Toon

what does that matter? Who put themselves forward? Who exactly was knocked back with a polite reply from FF:

"no ta, we've lined up Glen Roeder, the man who a month ago said he didn't want the job, the man we're willing to go head to head with the FA to ensure he gets it. It was tough, but we got our man in the end. We'll keep you details on file though mr....???????"

who was that mystery manager ??????

what does that matter? Who put themselves forward? Who exactly was knocked back with a polite reply from FF:

"no ta, we've lined up Glen Roeder, the man who a month ago said he didn't want the job, the man we're willing to go head to head with the FA to ensure he gets it. It was tough, but we got our man in the end. We'll keep you details on file though mr....???????"

So, you've no idea who he did or didn't approach then? Thought not.

Guest Invicta_Toon

So, you've no idea who he did or didn't approach then? Thought not.

I asked you why it mattered. You failed to answer.

I've given you quotes from Keegan. I give you the sacking of SBR. I give you Souness, Roeder, Gullit, Dalgilish. I give you facts

You give me statements of fact about what Fred is/was thinking. You give me questions in answer to questions.

It matters because you claimed there were no alternatives to Roeder. How can you claim that when you don't even know who was (or wasn't) approached?

Guest Invicta_Toon

It matters because you claimed there were no alternatives to Roeder. How can you claim that when you don't even know who was (or wasn't) approached?

It's pretty fucking obvious isn't it? Roeder is the proof. Or do you still maintain FF beat off a host of trophy winners and stellar managers to doggedly go through all that shite last year to put Roeder in?

It's pretty fucking obvious isn't it? Roeder is the proof. Or do you still maintain FF beat off a host of trophy winners and stellar managers to doggedly go through all that shite last year to put Roeder in?

So, you have no idea whether or not there were no alternatives then? You're just assuming there weren't.

It's pretty f****** obvious isn't it? Roeder is the proof. Or do you still maintain FF beat off a host of trophy winners and stellar managers to doggedly go through all that s**** last year to put Roeder in?

Here's a one for you. Had we ended last season pretty average and finished more or less where we were when he took over from Souness. Do you...

a) Think Shepherd would have still given him the job?

b) If the answer to 'a' is no, would the manager appointed by Shepherd have been better or worse than Roeder?

I agree that some of the criticism might be a bit over the top. But I am not sure, if Roeder really deserves praise for the likes of Butt and Sibierski. Butt is playing more to his usual standard (although I would still say he is miles away from the form he had a couple of years ago), so I don't think the manager worked wonders here. The same applies for Sibierski. Roeder got a couple of decent performances out of him, nothing less, but certainly also nothing more. Maybe Roeder deserves kind of praise for Dyer's short spell of good performances, which faded away quite quickly though. Of course a manager deserves as much praise for good performances from players as deserving criticism for poor performances. I still think the performances of Butt, Dyer, Sibierski are just in between. Maybe better than expected, still worse than they should be. If they were good, Roeder deserved praise. But they weren't.