Three hard and tricky decisions this summer will decide the next 3/5yrs.

Parky

Putting the defence aside for a minute, enough has been said and even FS has awknowledged it will be strengthened and I think it will.

1. Roeder sacking....No brainer this has to happen or the club will remain in mid-table limbo.

2. The acquisiton of a true creative attaking midfielder to replace either Emre or Dyer (I don't think we can afford to keep all three).

A player with vision and creativity who also gets into the box. Someone who can get 12 assists a season and score 8/10 goals. A real playmaker and hub of the midfield. A thinker who can dominate - understand tempo and keep postitive posession.

3. The sale of either Owen or Martins and the acquisition of a bigger striker who the dwarfs (whichever one we keep) can play off. I would go for an Anelka type and at a push some fat Australian bloke.

Good post. Don't expect many to agree though. All we need is a left back....  mackems.gif

Who said that? Or were people just pointing out that we don't have one left back on our books of a Premiership standard so as far as strengthening the squad goes that would be a good place to start?

:laugh:

Good post mate.

Btw didn't you say Freddie should go if Roeder failed?

1. Aye, I thought it was as good as yours.

2. No, I didn't say the Chairman should go if Roeder failed.

I know what I said and I haven't changed my opinion.

What is your point?

Putting the defence aside for a minute, enough has been said and even FS has awknowledged it will be strengthened and I think it will.

1. Roeder sacking....No brainer this has to happen or the club will remain in mid-table limbo.let roeder go when the replacement has agreed,who do you choose,scratch out the top 4,allardyce doesn't seem keen,o'neill hasn't set the prem alight  whilst spending as much and with a more settled squad,shame like,sounds so easy

2. The acquisiton of a true creative attaking midfielder to replace either Emre or Dyer (I don't think we can afford to keep all three).if we are playing impossibles lets go for a rob lee ball winner goalscorer creator

A player with vision and creativity who also gets into the box. Someone who can get 12 assists a season and score 8/10 goals. A real playmaker and hub of the midfield. A thinker who can dominate - understand tempo and keep postitive posession.

3. The sale of either Owen or Martins and the acquisition of a bigger striker who the dwarfs (whichever one we keep) can play off. I would go for an Anelka type and at a push some fat Australian bloke. no,watch how much a better player martins will look with a regular forward alongside him

I've updated my signature for you HTL, or did someone edit your post?

When have I ever suggested someone has edited my post?

I said across the entire thread you're on about that the entire Board should consider their position if Roeder fails. That is my position now.

I ask you again. What is your point? If a better Board comes along I'd take it before you would because I'd recognise it sooner. What I don't assume is that any replacement Board would be better than the current one. What is your problem with that?

I said across the entire thread you're on about that the entire Board should consider their position if Roeder fails. That is my position now.

I ask you again. What is your point? If a better Board comes along I'd take it before you would because I'd recognise it sooner. What I don't assume is that any replacement Board would be better than the current one. What is your problem with that?

You would recognise it sooner? It took you two awful managerial appointments to realise you were wrong to have faith in Shepherd ffs.

1. Roeder needs to go ofcourse and a competent manager needs to be brought in, it will be pointless though if we just bring in a plonker like Steve Bruce though. Personally i want Sven, but it looks i'm alone in that. :undecided:

2. An attacking midfielder is only a priority if the new manager wants one, if his system requires one then ofcourse we should get one.

I'm all for selling Emre though. All his set pieces end up hitting the first man, when he's pressured his passing goes all over the place, he's easily bullied out of the game, he's got temper problems, he hardly gets any goals or assists despite apparently being our most creative player, he's injury prone, and he's on ridiculous wages. Basically he's just not suited to the premiership and i see no reason to keep him.

3. The post mentioned earlier from 'Shamen' sums up my feelings on Owen-Martins, i'd wait to see if it works before i talk about selling one of them. Selling Martins would be quite foolish though IMO, what with Owens recent injuries.

You would recognise it sooner? It took you two awful managerial appointments to realise you were wrong to have faith in Shepherd ffs.

Here's a couple of questions for you, mate. Read what I said in my previous post that you replied to above and then read the 2 questions below.

1. How does the Board making two poor managerial appointments identify the set of people who may make up a new Board?

2. How does the current Board making 2 poor managerial appointments show that this fictional new Board will automatically be better than the current one? 

I think you haven't understood what I said, even though it's plain English.

1. Roeder needs to go ofcourse and a competent manager needs to be brought in, it will be pointless though if we just bring in a plonker like Steve Bruce though. Personally i want Sven, but it looks i'm alone in that. :undecided:

2. An attacking midfielder is only a priority if the new manager wants one, if his system requires one then ofcourse we should get one.

I'm all for selling Emre though. All his set pieces end up hitting the first man, when he's pressured his passing goes all over the place, he's easily bullied out of the game, he's got temper problems, he hardly gets any goals or assists despite apparently being our most creative player, he's injury prone, and he's on ridiculous wages. Basically he's just not suited to the premiership and i see no reason to keep him.

3. The post mentioned earlier from 'Shamen' sums up my feelings on Owen-Martins, i'd wait to see if it works before i talk about selling one of them. Selling Martins would be quite foolish though IMO, what with Owens recent injuries.

He's better than Roeder, there's no doubt about that.

Roeder steadied the ship last season but has been shown up this season. He should have gone after Alkmaar imo, they were there for the taking and he sent the team out to try and draw 0-0.

We don't have a creative midfielder who can unlock a defence with a killer ball.

I leave well alone with Martins and Owen, if we have to sell anyone it'd be Ameobi as he is gash.

He should have gone after the Birmingham 1-5 defeat

No doubt whatsoever Sven would be a quantum improvement...Whatever you say about the horny Swede he knows his football.

I agree. I have no particular gripe with Shepherd. The board has two executives on it in Freddy Shepherd and Douglas Hall. They deserve equal praise, and equal blame when things go right, or wrong.

A couple of weeks ago, om some other thread, I questioned whether it was okay for us to justify that the manager (be it Robson, Souness, Roeder, Dalglish or whoever) had come to the end of their usefulness, but to not assume that the board could similarly 'go off'.  There is very little positive I can see out of the board for about 4 years now, the team manager would long have been out of the door if they had either drifted or declined for that long.

I agree. I have no particular gripe with Shepherd.

mackems.gif

1. Roeder sacking....No brainer this has to happen or the club will remain in mid-table limbo.

2. The acquisiton of a true creative attaking midfielder to replace either Emre or Dyer (I don't think we can afford to keep all three).

3. The sale of either Owen or Martins and the acquisition of a bigger striker who the dwarfs (whichever one we keep) can play off. I would go for an Anelka type and at a push some fat Australian bloke.

Good post. Don't expect many to agree though. All we need is a left back....  mackems.gif

Disagree. We need to sign a 3rd left winger. What happens if Zog has another because-hes-a-youngster dip in form, and Duff gets injured? Milner, Luque, Dyer, Emre, CANT play on the left wing, theyre not good enough even as backup. If the club has any ambition, it needs as many left wingers as possible to succeed.

You obviously have no idea how immature and pathetic you come across in that post. It's an absolute classic.

Well done for that anyway, you've given me a laugh on what has been a bad day for me.

Why? We need more left wingers, especially if its a top left winger who is available. If Robben moves in the summer, we should snap him up. You need top wingers to win titles, not fullbacks. Babayaro and Huntington will suffice.

Or can you not handle the truth?

No doubt whatsoever Sven would be a quantum improvement...Whatever you say about the horny Swede he knows his football.

If you've spent any time in Sweden, mate, you'd be horny anarl.

Disagree. We need to sign a 3rd left winger. What happens if Zog has another because-hes-a-youngster dip in form, and Duff gets injured? Milner, Luque, Dyer, Emre, CANT play on the left wing, theyre not good enough even as backup. If the club has any ambition, it needs as many left wingers as possible to succeed.

You obviously have no idea how immature and pathetic you come across in that post. It's an absolute classic.

Well done for that anyway, you've given me a laugh on what has been a bad day for me.

Why? We need more left wingers, especially if its a top left winger who is available. If Robben moves in the summer, we should snap him up. You need top wingers to win titles, not fullbacks. Babayaro and Huntington will suffice.

Tripe.

As usual.

:cheesy:

:lol:

tmonkey, earlier.

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/5240/fewgoodmenbk6.jpg

That was me after being brainwashed by TalkSport. I immediately went online and used the speech recognition software to copy/paste what that bloke had said because I am out to get the board.

mackems.gif

I feel thew board is collectively responsible. You may wish to blame just Hall, but I only ever have a go at Shepherd as he is the one who puts himself forward as the voice of the club. You seem to find it difficult when there are subtleties to other peoples positions.

That was me after being brainwashed by TalkSport. I immediately went online and used the speech recognition software to copy/paste what that bloke had said because I am out to get the board.

Its good that you can admit to it, we all make mistakes.

Here's a couple of questions for you, mate. Read what I said in my previous post that you replied to above and then read the 2 questions below.

1. How does the Board making two poor managerial appointments identify the set of people who may make up a new Board?

2. How does the current Board making 2 poor managerial appointments show that this fictional new Board will automatically be better than the current one? 

I think you haven't understood what I said, even though it's plain English.

1. You will have to elaborate on the question if you want an answer because I'm not sure what you're getting at.

2. Who said the new fictional board would automatically be better than the current board? I certainly didn't and I don't recall reading it by anyone else either yet it is regularly trotted out by people on here as if it's the common view of people who think we're going backwards.

mackems.gif

I feel thew board is collectively responsible. You may wish to blame just Hall, but I only ever have a go at Shepherd as he is the one who puts himself forward as the voice of the club. You seem to find it difficult when there are subtleties to other peoples positions.

Do you also think the board are "collectively responsible" for rescuing the club from certain relegation to the old 3rd division, 15000 crowds, selling their best players, being unable to raise money from a share issue even to the amount that we sold Peter Beardsley to Liverpool for, playing in the Champions League, achieving 3 consecutive top 5 league positions for the first time in over 50 years, building a new training facility that previous boards had failed to achieve for almost a century, and expanding and developing the stadium which all the previous boards had also failed to do ?

I don't expect you to give an honest answer to this, without dressing it up as a slagfest by the way.

Which sums up your website and your almost permanent "copy and paste" posts.

Is it possible that you could post something else about the club other than what you do, ie, talking about full backs, signing players, individual players performances, contracts, training and fitness levels, team selections etc etc ?

mackems.gif

Do you also think the board are "collectively responsible" for rescuing the club from certain relegation to the old 3rd division, 15000 crowds, selling their best players, being unable to raise money from a share issue even to the amount that we sold Peter Beardsley to Liverpool for, playing in the Champions League, achieving 3 consecutive top 5 league positions for the first time in over 50 years, building a new training facility that previous boards had failed to achieve for almost a century, and expanding and developing the stadium which all the previous boards had also failed to do ?

I don't expect you to give an honest answer to this, without dressing it up as a slagfest by the way.

Is it possible that you could post something else about the club other than what you do, ie, talking about full backs, singing players, individual players performances, contracts, training and fitness levels, team selections etc etc ?

i'll attempt to ask the question that should be asked....drumroll please.....................................................................................

is this board going to take us forward from where we are now ?

mackems.gif

Is it possible that you could post something else about the club other than what you do, ie, talking about full backs, singing players, individual players performances, contracts, training and fitness levels, team selections etc etc ?

i'll attempt to ask the question that should be asked....drumroll please.....................................................................................

is this board going to take us forward from where we are now ?

Well, they have certainly taken us massively forward from where they found us ? Wouldn't you agree ?

When you have qualified for europe regularly, there isn't so much scope to keep moving forward, its more difficult. Whether they can do it or not, really depends on who the manager is, or find another Keegan, I don't know. Why not ? Remember other clubs are also looking for such a manager, as we are all aware that anything other than being one of only 2 trophy winners is "failure".

Mind, I am curious to know what you mean by "further forward" ? What is your opinion on players bottling at least 20 big situations over the last decade, to win a trophy, or put themselves in a good position to do so, including 2 Wembley FA Cup Finals. Do you blame the board for that ?