Three hard and tricky decisions this summer will decide the next 3/5yrs.

Parky

I said across the entire thread you're on about that the entire Board should consider their position if Roeder fails. That is my position now.

I agree. I have no particular gripe with Shepherd.

mackems.gif

I feel thew board is collectively responsible. You may wish to blame just Hall, but I only ever have a go at Shepherd as he is the one who puts himself forward as the voice of the club. You seem to find it difficult when there are subtleties to other peoples positions.

Do you also think the board are "collectively responsible" for rescuing the club from certain relegation to the old 3rd division, 15000 crowds, selling their best players, being unable to raise money from a share issue even to the amount that we sold Peter Beardsley to Liverpool for, playing in the Champions League, achieving 3 consecutive top 5 league positions for the first time in over 50 years, building a new training facility that previous boards had failed to achieve for almost a century, and expanding and developing the stadium which all the previous boards had also failed to do ?

I don't expect you to give an honest answer to this, without dressing it up as a slagfest by the way.

Which sums up your website and your almost permanent "copy and paste" posts.

Is it possible that you could post something else about the club other than what you do, ie, talking about full backs, singing players, individual players performances, contracts, training and fitness levels, team selections etc etc ?

i'll attempt to ask the question that should be asked....drumroll please.....................................................................................

is this board going to take us forward from where we are now ?

Well, they have certainly taken us massively forward from where they found us ? Wouldn't you agree ?

When you have qualified for europe regularly, there isn't so much scope to keep moving forward, its more difficult. Whether they can do it or not, really depends on who the manager is, or find another Keegan, I don't know. Why not ? Remember other clubs are also looking for such a manager, as we are all aware that anything other than being one of only 2 trophy winners is "failure".

Mind, I am curious to know what you mean by "further forward" ? What is your opinion on players bottling at least 20 big situations over the last decade, to win a trophy, or put themselves in a good position to do so, including 2 Wembley FA Cup Finals. Do you blame the board for that ?

every club has to strive to move forward,do you think this board is going to do that ?

edit....that was badly worded...do you think this board will take us forward from where we are now ?

I said across the entire thread you're on about that the entire Board should consider their position if Roeder fails. That is my position now.

mackems.gif

I feel thew board is collectively responsible. You may wish to blame just Hall, but I only ever have a go at Shepherd as he is the one who puts himself forward as the voice of the club. You seem to find it difficult when there are subtleties to other peoples positions.

Do you also think the board are "collectively responsible" for rescuing the club from certain relegation to the old 3rd division, 15000 crowds, selling their best players, being unable to raise money from a share issue even to the amount that we sold Peter Beardsley to Liverpool for, playing in the Champions League, achieving 3 consecutive top 5 league positions for the first time in over 50 years, building a new training facility that previous boards had failed to achieve for almost a century, and expanding and developing the stadium which all the previous boards had also failed to do ?

I don't expect you to give an honest answer to this, without dressing it up as a slagfest by the way.

Is it possible that you could post something else about the club other than what you do, ie, talking about full backs, singing players, individual players performances, contracts, training and fitness levels, team selections etc etc ?

i'll attempt to ask the question that should be asked....drumroll please.....................................................................................

Well, they have certainly taken us massively forward from where they found us ? Wouldn't you agree ?

When you have qualified for europe regularly, there isn't so much scope to keep moving forward, its more difficult. Whether they can do it or not, really depends on who the manager is, or find another Keegan, I don't know. Why not ? Remember other clubs are also looking for such a manager, as we are all aware that anything other than being one of only 2 trophy winners is "failure".

Mind, I am curious to know what you mean by "further forward" ? What is your opinion on players bottling at least 20 big situations over the last decade, to win a trophy, or put themselves in a good position to do so, including 2 Wembley FA Cup Finals. Do you blame the board for that ?

every club has to strive to move forward,do you think this board is going to do that ?

If you are asking are they attempting to move forward, of course I do, don't you ?

If you are asking, can they ? I believe I have just answered that question, although I find it strange that people think such a thing should be automatic through appearing to have zero understanding of the reality and mechanics of how football works.

You have posted in the past that you understand how easy it could be to replace the current board with one like the old days, so I can't see the point of what you are asking.

Do you think if we replaced the current board with a superior board, that they could guarantee a team of footballers that would not  bottle situations and Cup Finals, that is assuming they backed their managers enough to build a decent enough team to get there and qualify for europe/Champions League in the first place anyway, meaning having a team actually capable of winning ?

mackems.gif

If you are asking are they attempting to move forward, of course I do, don't you ?

If you are asking, can they ? I believe I have just answered that question, although I find it strange that people think such a thing should be automatic through appearing to have zero understanding of the reality and mechanics of how football works.

You have posted in the past that you understand how easy it could be to replace the current board with one like the old days, so I can't see the point of what you are asking.

Do you think if we replaced the current board with a superior board, that they could guarantee a team of footballers that would not  bottle situations and Cup Finals, that is assuming they backed their managers enough to build a decent enough team to get there and qualify for europe/Champions League in the first place anyway, meaning having a team actually capable of winning ?

just your defence of the board is based very much on history rather than where we are going.i,like you believe we could have a lot worse.but at what point would you say "this board has taken us as far as it can",i'm not saying that it has,i'm trying to move the argument from the past to the future.

Yes, we can always say, what if we bought this player or acquired that manager.

At the end of the day, we aren't going to have some billionaire like Abramovich coming in and revamping the entire team structure and talent.

The Board have accomplished a lot over the years but as most clubs do, we are going through a rough period. I have full confidence that we will overcome this slump in the next 2-3yrs and once again become a top 5 team with Champions League possibilities. The board doesn't need to be changed because if anything that would tear us apart. Let's stick with what we have because right now there are more important things to be dealing with, like getting ourselves out of this slump with some fine re-structuring of the team.

1) Start with getting rid of Roeder - He has no confidence in front of the camera, so what on earth would he be like in a changing room with a tattered squad who lack confidence in themselves. There are a number of candidates who could come in and not only make a difference in the short-term (As we have seen too many times) but change things around and make us that team every Newcastle fan has been dreaming about all their lives! Big Sam, Sven, Houllier? I'd take any of those with the presence and mind to change Newcastle United for the better!

2) Dyer and Emre - Keep them both. I think a new manager could come in a serious kick their asses into gear! New AM, maybe... but right now the main concern is the defence! Bring in real talent - although it will be hard without European football next year. Which further backs my reasoning for a new creditable manager! FS says we can make big changes in the summer... I'll take his word for it.

3) Keep Owen and Martins - Martins has been a great striker for us this year, with the absense of Owen albeit with obvious faults that could be changed and worked on with what? A new manager! Owen owes us a good few seasons and I take rumours of a Man Utd approach with a pinch of salt.. certainly wont happen this season. Although I don't think Shola and Caroll are good enough back ups. We need to acquire another striker with strong stature, who can feed Owen or/and Martins whilst taking his chances!

Yes, we can always say, what if we bought this player or acquired that manager.

At the end of the day, we aren't going to have some billionaire like Abramovich coming in and revamping the entire team structure and talent.

The Board have accomplished a lot over the years but as most clubs do, we are going through a rough period. I have full confidence that we will overcome this slump in the next 2-3yrs and once again become a top 5 team with Champions League possibilities. The board doesn't need to be changed because if anything that would tear us apart. Let's stick with what we have at the top because right now there are more important things to be dealing with, like getting ourselves out of this slump with some fine re-structuring of the team.

1) Start with getting rid of Roeder - He has no confidence in front of the camera, so what on earth would he be like in a changing room with a tattered squad who lack confidence in themselves. There are a number of candidates who could come in and not only make a differences in the short-term (As we have seen too many times) but change things around and make us that team every Newcastle fan has been dreaming about all their lives! Big Sam, Sven, Houllier? I'd take any of those with the presence and mind to change Newcastle United for the better!

2) Dyer and Emre - Keep them both. I think a new manager could come in a serious kick their asses into gear! New AM, maybe... but right now the main concern is the defence! Bring in real talent - although it will be hard without European football next year. Which further backs my reasoning for a new creditable manager! FS says we can do it in the summer... I'll take his word for it.

3) Keep Owen and Martins - Martins has been a great striker for us this year, with the absense of Owen albeit with obvious faults that could be changed and worked on with what? A new manager! Owen owes us a good few seasons and I take rumours of a Man Utd approach with a pinch of salt.. certainly wont happen this season. Although I don't think Shola and Caroll are good enough back ups. We need to acquire another striker with strong stature, who can feed Owen or/and Martins whilst taking his chances!

thats hilarious,robby bobson was entertaining and embarrassing in front of the cameras,however he turned a casnnt team out.

i don't give a toss what their press relations are if they do the job.

Yes, but Robson has had a long successful career in management and is grately respected all over the world. Who the hell is Glen Roeder?! Sure we don't know what Roeder is like in the dressing room, but we could speculate based on his appearence to the public about what he is like. Robson had something that worked for both himself and the club. Roeder has no presence - he needs to be dropped! He has failed in past jobs and has failed in this one and his track record is conference to Robsons premiership!

What this club needs is stability....

At this time that equates to Glenn Roeder being here for another year.

Would any manager come to NUFC when we are the only club  who changes their managers more than ...Real mADRID (every year)???

It is obvious that we will strengthen the defence and hopefully we will get rid of dyer and anyone else who's heart isn't in it! We are on the right Roed (ha..ha) at the moment and for once I can't fault his team selection so it could just be the start of something :)

Putting the defence aside for a minute, enough has been said and even FS has awknowledged it will be strengthened and I think it will.

1. Roeder sacking....No brainer this has to happen or the club will remain in mid-table limbo.

2. The acquisiton of a true creative attaking midfielder to replace either Emre or Dyer (I don't think we can afford to keep all three).

A player with vision and creativity who also gets into the box. Someone who can get 12 assists a season and score 8/10 goals. A real playmaker and hub of the midfield. A thinker who can dominate - understand tempo and keep postitive posession.

3. The sale of either Owen or Martins and the acquisition of a bigger striker who the dwarfs (whichever one we keep) can play off. I would go for an Anelka type and at a push some fat Australian bloke.

Agreed.

GR needs sacking and replacing with someone who is not only a good coach and man manager, but someone with a personality to boot.

Emre & Dyer need to go, ones a cunt, the other has a poor injury record and produces fuk all, i'll let you decide which is which.

Owen for me is a noose hanging round this clubs neck, i hope Manu & Liverpool start a bidding war for him, even with that i'd be happy with £12m and spend it on someone with height to bring our wingers in to play and have something to aim for.

1. Sack Roeder ONLY if we have a better replacement lined up i.e. Shearer or Hiddink. DO NOT JUST SACK HIM and hope for the best. Shearer won't be ready for another year which very interestingly is when Roeders contract ends. If we can get someone like Hiddink in now then i'd do it.

2. Keep Emre and Dyer if they want to stayas who the hell are we going to get better? Get rid of the deadwood i.e. Shambles, Luque, Gooch, Car and Moore and get in a quality LB and CB.

3. I think Owen deserves next season at least. I think he'll also be excellent with Martins or Shola if he stays fit!

mackems.gif

just your defence of the board is based very much on history rather than where we are going.i,like you believe we could have a lot worse.but at what point would you say "this board has taken us as far as it can",i'm not saying that it has,i'm trying to move the argument from the past to the future.

I am not defending anybody, and I don't want to defend anybody.

I have said that it is entirely possible the current board can't take us any further, however it is also entirely possible we could replace them with a worse board. I would be just as much in favour of replacing the board with a better one as anybody, the same as I would be very much in favour of swapping Oba Martins for Wayne Rooney, or Scott Parker for Owen Hargreaves, for example. I have said this on numerous occasions. Don't mistake pointing out the reality of football with a defence of anybody, like others do.

The simple fact is mate, many people slate the board and insist we would be better off without them, but we would only be better off with a better board. That means, a board who would be committed to the club, with its long term interests at heart, who wanted to bring success to the club, and had the courage to tap the fanbase by taking risks when competing for the top footballers. This last point is NOT automatic, no board has to choose this path. So until the time someone comes along with all of these qualities, I will stick with what we have, because at least we know that they will back their managers, which means there is a chance they will bring real success, and until someone comes along who will do the same, and are prepared to do it, they remain the best people for the job.

We have been down this road before. When Bobby Robson went, many people thought it would be impossible to slip out of the top  5. But we did. Replacing this board with one who didn't back managers, and we may as well pack in altogether, people of the age that you and I are don't need anyone to tell us what that would mean.

mackems.gif

Is it possible that you could post something else about the club other than what you do, ie, talking about full backs, signing players, individual players performances, contracts, training and fitness levels, team selections etc etc ?

I'm not surprised in the slightest that macbeth has been online and ignored this.

mackems.gif

Is it possible that you could post something else about the club other than what you do, ie, talking about full backs, signing players, individual players performances, contracts, training and fitness levels, team selections etc etc ?

I'm not surprised in the slightest that macbeth has been online and ignored this.

During that time in the old 2nd division just before KK came i think the main man in the Newcastle board was sir John Hall(not Freddy Shepherd)

During the KK period Hall invested alot of his money in the team and that was because of the fact that he loved the club and wanted him to succed.During that time he put the basic foundations for this club to develop in the future.

After he retired as a chairman the board has changed too.In the main picture shined the face of Freddy Shepherd.

As a businessman he developed this club too but he made alot of mistakes:sacking SBR,appointing Souness,Roeder,messing with the managers transfers(Rooney,Kluivert,Butt),not giving money to SBR(03/04,04/05)when we were so close to the tittle,his constant lies in front of the fans about signing 5-6 players and then we end up with no signings at all.

Thats the main difference with sir John Hall and Freddy Shepherd.

The first one was doing this due to his love about newcastle

The second one is runing this club mainly because he is gaining money out of Newcastle

Yes he might be a newcaslte fan like he is saying but ultimately he is willing to sacrifice Newcaslte ahead of his financial interests

mackems.gif

During that time in the old 2nd division just before KK came i think the main man in the Newcastle board was sir John Hall(not Freddy Shepherd)

During the KK period Hall invested alot of his money in the team and that was because of the fact that he loved the club and wanted him to succed.During that time he put the basic foundations for this club to develop in the future.

After he retired as a chairman the board has changed too.In the main picture shined the face of Freddy Shepherd.

As a businessman he developed this club too but he made alot of mistakes:sacking SBR,appointing Souness,Roeder,messing with the managers transfers(Rooney,Kluivert,Butt),not giving money to SBR(03/04,04/05)when we were so close to the tittle,his constant lies in front of the fans about signing 5-6 players and then we end up with no signings at all.

The second one is runing this club mainly because he is gaining money out of Newcastle

Yes he might be a newcaslte fan like he is saying but ultimately he is willing to sacrifice Newcaslte ahead of his financial interests

complete rubbish I'm afraid.

Sir John Hall didn't even want to be chairman or owner of Newcastle United.

He was the figurehead of a takeover group that wanted to take over from a shite board that had ruined the club for almost 30 years, and ended up in the position where he had to protect his company. As the club was selling its best players, was looking at relegation to the old 3rd division, couldn't raise money from a share issue to the amount that it got by selling Peter Beardsley to Liverpool, and was only half filling a ground that looked a rubbish tip with a capacity of about 30000.

He invested nothing of any significance in the club, and he had a season ticket for Sunderland for years, as a businessman.

The manager during the time that he was chairman, was chosen, and persuaded to take the job, by Hall Jnr, Shepherd and Freddie Fletcher. Sir John Hall didn't want Keegan, he was outvoted by his fellow directors/major shareholders.

You can tell me any director or owner of a club who isn't out for personal gain of some sort, there are not many.

So. You are talking bollocks mate. You have shown you know nothing whatsoever about Newcastle United, and so far as I am concerned, the sooner you bugger off back to Bulgaria and / or listen to people like me that DO know about the club, so much the better.

Don't bother disputing my knowledge of the club again. It dwarfs yours, and unless you can say anything of any significance whatsoever, I will just ignore you.

BTW - that post was for macbeth. Let him answer it.

'bugger off back to Bulgaria'

Charming.

It's a great insult though.

I thought it was pretty much common knowledge that SJH had no interest in football, he openly admits that he didn't have the first scooby about what to do with a team, he just trusted his 'MD' as he put it to make the right choices and backed him.

Like with the Metro Centre, not a clue about shopping or fashion but a vision of making something to stand out and employing the right man/men to make him his money.

mackems.gif

complete rubbish I'm afraid.

Sir John Hall didn't even want to be chairman or owner of Newcastle United.

He was the figurehead of a takeover group that wanted to take over from a s**** board that had ruined the club for almost 30 years, and ended up in the position where he had to protect his company. As the club was selling its best players, was looking at relegation to the old 3rd division, couldn't raise money from a share issue to the amount that it got by selling Peter Beardsley to Liverpool, and was only half filling a ground that looked a rubbish tip with a capacity of about 30000.

He invested nothing of any significance in the club, and he had a season ticket for Sunderland for years, as a businessman.

The manager during the time that he was chairman, was chosen, and persuaded to take the job, by Hall Jnr, Shepherd and Freddie Fletcher. Sir John Hall didn't want Keegan, he was outvoted by his fellow directors/major shareholders.

You can tell me any director or owner of a club who isn't out for personal gain of some sort, there are not many.

So. You are talking bollocks mate. You have shown you know nothing whatsoever about Newcastle United, and so far as I am concerned, the sooner you bugger off back to Bulgaria and / or listen to people like me that DO know about the club, so much the better.

Don't bother disputing my knowledge of the club again. It dwarfs yours, and unless you can say anything of any significance whatsoever, I will just ignore you.

BTW - that post was for macbeth. Let him answer it.

When sir John Hall entered Newcastle's history in early 1992 i was 8 years old and was pretty much in the dark about what really happened back then.

OK maybe alot of the things a wrote there are not true and i must addmit that im not aware of the situation back then.

Nevertheless your responce just shows how simple minded you are,your way of thinking "Don't bother disputing my knowledge of the club again" is just pathetic.If you think that if you support/watch newcastle many many years more then me gives you the right to be right every time and that because i support newcastle less time than you i cant have the right to have a opinion and also have the right to dont agree with you -that is just mental.

I also want to know who gave all the money about transfers when KK was manager?

Who gave the 15m to buy Alan Shearer at the time?

• 2 weeks later...

Putting the defence aside for a minute, enough has been said and even FS has awknowledged it will be strengthened and I think it will.

1. Roeder sacking....No brainer this has to happen or the club will remain in mid-table limbo.

2. The acquisiton of a true creative attaking midfielder to replace either Emre or Dyer (I don't think we can afford to keep all three).

A player with vision and creativity who also gets into the box. Someone who can get 12 assists a season and score 8/10 goals. A real playmaker and hub of the midfield. A thinker who can dominate - understand tempo and keep postitive posession.

3. The sale of either Owen or Martins and the acquisition of a bigger striker who the dwarfs (whichever one we keep) can play off. I would go for an Anelka type and at a push some fat Australian bloke.

Bump.

First one done, Parky...

Now we move onto the bigger picture.