Today's matches

Lagerstedt

What the hell are Tyler and Gray on about? It is in the rules that you can't interfere with a goalkeeper when he is in the process of taking a goal kick. The rules were clarified after Thierry Henry did it a couple of times.

Oh, i thought it was allowed once the goalkeeper had released the ball too.

What the hell are Tyler and Gray on about? It is in the rules that you can't interfere with a goalkeeper when he is in the process of taking a goal kick. The rules were clarified after Thierry Henry did it a couple of times.

Absolutely correct.  The dropping and kicking are considered a complete clearance, so the referee was spot on to pull Solskjaer up for it.

Makes the title race VERY interesting now!

Cant see anything but Chelsea turning us over tomorrow though... :undecided:

Man Utd  34 / 82 +54

Chelsea  33 / 78 +40

Chelsea - Man U is gonna be a great game.

Guest Geordiesned

Oh, i thought it was allowed once the goalkeeper had released the ball too.

That's the bit that was clarified. They said that even though he had released the ball he was still in the process of taking his kick. Th booked will have been for ungentlemany conduct.

Absolutely correct.  The dropping and kicking are considered a complete clearance, so the referee was spot on to pull Solskjaer up for it.

It was however just about the only time all day Mr Walton was spot on...

Guest Geordiesned

Berbatov tried it with Given, the ref did nowt... which resulted in the spat at half time where Butt was slapped in the face, and again, nowt happened!

Aye, I remember at the time that Andy Gray was saying that it should have been a free kick on the 2 ocassions Berbatov did it as well so I don't know why he's changed his tune today. Desperate for a Man Utd win perhaps?

Guest Geordiesned

Looked a blaant penalty at the end to Boro. 2 weeks running the oppostion have been denied clear cut pens at Old Trafford. Sheff Utd last week.

Guest Geordiesned

Jamie Redknapp is thick as pig shit! Says it wasn't a pen to Boro;

"Yes he gets the man first but he gets a touch of the ball"

Well then it's a penalty you twat! If he played the man first it isn't a good tackle!  :idiot2:

Not that I wanted it to be like.  :razz:

Well then it's a penalty you twat! If he played the man first it isn't a good tackle!  :idiot2:

Things like this, and the Tyler/Gray comments on the Schwarzer/Solskjaer incident just exacerbate problems for referees.  Some fans hear what these loons have to say and take it as read that the referee is wrong.

Things like this, and the Tyler/Gray comments on the Schwarzer/Solskjaer incident just exacerbate problems for referees.  Some fans hear what these loons have to say and take it as read that the referee is wrong.

Redknapp is defending the ref's decision there, saying it wasn't a pen.

Redknapp is defending the ref's decision there, saying it wasn't a pen.

Sorry, yes, they're both wrong.  I'm sure you can see my point in there somewhere....