Newcastle 0 - 0 Chelsea - Official Match Thread 22/04/07

Dave

Guest magpies_rawk

I've been saying Sib isn't good enough for about a million years now, he's f****** s***, penguin head.

i bet u din feel this way when he was scoring once in every 2 games for us not too long ago...i agree though that he's shite but am grateful for his contribution. he's being here is not his fault and i dare say he's tried his best.

Taylor,  Emre and Milner have all been very impressive so far.

I Agree! Carr's been not that bad either considering he's playing out of position and Bramble(because I haven't see him that much) also which was the worrying part of the team at the beginning.

BUT...Sibierski is totally useless out there! He offers absolutely nothing offensively and is just way too slow for our style of play. Couple of good markings at the defensive end on Terry but that's not strikers job TBH. Bring on Carroll for Sib and Dyer off for Zoggy.

Chelski's been bad so far but I think we can hold it if not even grab the winner with more effective play in the final 3rd.

I've been saying Sib isn't good enough for about a million years now, he's f****** s***, penguin head.

i bet u din feel this way when he was scoring once in every 2 games for us not too long ago...i agree though that he's shite but am grateful for his contribution. he's being here is not his fault and i dare say he's tried his best.

Once in every 2 games? He's got about 9 goals in around 45 matches.

Half-time ratings:

Harper 6

Solano 6

Taylor 9

Bramble 6

Carr 8

Dyer 6

Butt 7

Emre 7

Milner 8

Sibierski 4

Martins 6

We are desperate for a striker who is able to receive passes, and link up with the midfielders.

Judging on the first half, there is only one team that is going to win, and it's not Chelsea. Would have liked to have gone in one up though, the game is only going to get harder.

Harsh on Nobby, surely he's been better than Dyer?

Wayne Bridge has been Chelsea's best player, its been tough for Dyer so far, but he has kept the ball well, bringing it back to Solano who has been afforded too much space by Kalou. Solano may be looking the better of the two, but its been an easier job for him so far, and Dyer is playing a disciplined if unspectacular shift.

I'm shit scared of Joe Cole, tbh.

Why? He looks like a pikey.

It's a bit like with Ronaldo for ManU. Chelsea looks like scoring every time J. Cole gets on the ball. Not that Cole does it as good as Ronaldo, but it's same type of attack that's being carried out.

Martins movement and link up play has been pretty good, dropping deep and giving it back to emre or butt who in turn releases one of the fullbacks or Milner. what we're lacking is a player with presence to play beyond Martins to give the side another option, sib doesn't have the sharpness to get to the ball before chelsea do.

Martins movement and link up play has been pretty good, dropping deep and giving it back to emre or butt who in turn releases one of the fullbacks or Milner. what we're lacking is a player with presence to play beyond Martins to give the side another option, sib doesn't have the sharpness to get to the ball before chelsea do.

Agree. Martins has also looked like the Worlds Most Unfortunate player ever. Every ball bounces away from him.

Get Sib off if we are to score

You say that as if whoever his replacement is (Carrol, Luque?!) would definitely do better. That said, maybe we could move Dyer in there and get Zoggy on, or even play Zoggy behind Martins just so he can utilise his pace down the middle?

Give Carroll a go if he is going to be good enough 45 mins against Terry will do him the world of good.

I'd rather do whatever is best for the team, not just one individual player who has a lot to prove and would probably be better off finding another game to do so.

We're playing with 9 men. Sibierski is so shiite that he counts as -1 as opposed to 0. Hes breaking down practically everything were creating, a competent and half mobile striker would have been put through on goal twice instead of having the ball bounce of his arse as hes trying to get on the end of the pass.