The right man is now available Freddy, what do you do?

Guest Knightrider

You can't accept a resignation and then try for compensation after the fact.

The highlighted bit was pre-Souness.

Employment law is a jungle these days. If we offerred a mill out of court they are more than likely to take it. :)

It would probably be the best £million we'd spend this year.

i'm aware of their records. You wasted your time typing all of that.

Roeder was on a bit of a loser at Watford, they were already going downwards, and he didn't get much support, some Watford fans reckon he was unlucky. I don't really care what West ham fans think, they are all tossers anyway.

Having appointed managers with track winning records who didn't deliver, what makes you think that managers with not so good records woudl repeat their previous experiences too ? ....... just a point you should think about. All I said is that Roeder had merit, he might have succeeded. Different cirumstances, different clubs, you can't tell. Its obvious now that he isn't going to do it, but he could have been the right man in the right job at the right time.

My earlier point about other clubs doing these things stands. They do. I know you didn't say it but you and others imply such things. I'm just putting the record straight on this one. Which I see you don't dispute. Unless you are going to suggest that everybody else always makes the right appointment, at the right time and/or because all these other clubs bar us have DOF's and CEO's or whatever.

How far will you go to defend Shepherd?

He appointed managers who had won things and it didn't work so he thought he'd appoint s**** as that might work.

bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif

That really is one of the best laughs I've had in ages, thanks.

on the contrary, what is most laughable is people - like you - who think anything other than anti Shepherd/board comments is "defending them". I'm not defending anybody. I'm just looking at both sides of the coin, and trying to be balanced about it. Other clubs have made far worse appointments, and whats more you know it. Unless you are foolish enough to think that every club should appoint managers who are successful.  mackems.gif  I expect you will say next that when I say that only 4 clubs have qualified for europe more than us in the past decade, and we finished in the top 5 for 3 consecutive years for the first time in half a century to be "defending the board" ?

BTW, your comment isn't what I said at all....not that I expected people like you to misinterpret it or be daft enough not to understand

I don't claim to give a balanced view of Shepherd, that's not possible when his record of under-achievement is so one sided.  You don't give a balanced view as you see no wrong in him, you even excuse his last two appointments, it's laughable.

having spent the time I did on here saying how I wished he [souness] had never got anywhere near the place and Craig Bellamy had hit him over the head with a rusty pickaxe for assaulting him on the training ground, the only laughable remark is what you have just said above.

I didn't laugh half as much as every fan of every other club around the country did when we appointed Souness.

Or Roeder.

I don't know how much stick people away from Newcastle are getting but I'm getting quite a bit.

I do. I live in Birmingham and people think we are a joke at the minute

I spend a bit of time near you and have had stick off Villa, Birmingham, Wolves, Derby, Man U and Liverpool fans, the worst though was a Sheff Wed fan taking the piss on Monday night in the pub.

quite unbelievable you take to heart flak from such shite as that lot, especially the manu and liverpool "fans" who presumably haven't got the bottle to support their local clubs, if they too are in the Birmingham area.

I don't know why you are bothered tbh.

hope you give it back based on fact,o'neill set the league alight this year hasn't he,outspent us to get there aswell (i think).

thats why what isn't a story at other clubs is headlines for us...cos our fans lap it up and go over the top on everything.

i work with many boro fans and mackems,plus the usual glory hunting mix,all i need to do is stand back and look at thesituation as a neutral,then argue on the facts

You can put you life on it that I go back at them although going back at the Sheff Wed fan wasn't easy.  I couldn't remember much until Sir Bobby came to mind, it did shut him up when I muttered the score.  :D

realistically only the likes of reading,bolton,portsmouth can take the piss,the top4 fans on most occasions are plastic(have to admit to having good mates who are horrid placka glory hunters and 1 or 2 who are "proper" scousers,mancsetc).how derby,sheff wed can take the piss is beyond me ie "yes we've had a shit year,but you'd still sell your kids to be where and what we are"

exactly.

Just tell them to **** off.

Guest Gemmill

Roeder was on a bit of a loser at Watford, they were already going downwards, and he didn't get much support, some Watford fans reckon he was unlucky. I don't really care what West ham fans think, they are all tossers anyway.

Having appointed managers with track winning records who didn't deliver, what makes you think that managers with not so good records woudl repeat their previous experiences too ? ....... just a point you should think about. All I said is that Roeder had merit, he might have succeeded. Different cirumstances, different clubs, you can't tell. Its obvious now that he isn't going to do it, but he could have been the right man in the right job at the right time.

My earlier point about other clubs doing these things stands. They do. I know you didn't say it but you and others imply such things. I'm just putting the record straight on this one. Which I see you don't dispute. Unless you are going to suggest that everybody else always makes the right appointment, at the right time and/or because all these other clubs bar us have DOF's and CEO's or whatever.

He appointed managers who had won things and it didn't work so he thought he'd appoint s**** as that might work.

on the contrary, what is most laughable is people - like you - who think anything other than anti Shepherd/board comments is "defending them". I'm not defending anybody. I'm just looking at both sides of the coin, and trying to be balanced about it. Other clubs have made far worse appointments, and whats more you know it. Unless you are foolish enough to think that every club should appoint managers who are successful.  mackems.gif  I expect you will say next that when I say that only 4 clubs have qualified for europe more than us in the past decade, and we finished in the top 5 for 3 consecutive years for the first time in half a century to be "defending the board" ?

BTW, your comment isn't what I said at all....not that I expected people like you to misinterpret it or be daft enough not to understand

I don't claim to give a balanced view of Shepherd, that's not possible when his record of under-achievement is so one sided.  You don't give a balanced view as you see no wrong in him, you even excuse his last two appointments, it's laughable.

having spent the time I did on here saying how I wished he [souness] had never got anywhere near the place and Craig Bellamy had hit him over the head with a rusty pickaxe for assaulting him on the training ground, the only laughable remark is what you have just said above.

You also said you thought Souness was a top boss on another forum though tbf.  Hindsight.

You also said you thought Souness was a top boss on another forum though tbf.  Hindsight.

oh dear.

We have said this before Gemma baby, your chums on toontastic have been up to their tricks editing peoples posts again, like they have done before, like they did when they did to other people, including changing their avatars, posting personal information, and peoples photographs. And whats more, you know this to be true.

Quite amazing you are stupid enough to think that one single post among hundreds saying the complete opposite is genuine, but then again, you are stupid, because you backed Souness from day one until the day he left. Even financially, being an accountant that obviously knows your trade.

And whats more, you STILL do, because you STILL think we are better off for selling Craig Bellamy and replacing him with Luque, don't you ?

You've defended the Souness and Roeder appointments in this thread.

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=39176.msg804592#msg804592

Baggio said:

Both Souness and Roeder are easily two of the worst managers in the Premiership and both came with a history of failure, Gibson appointing Southgate is nothing like us appointing Roeder.

You said:

on what basis are they two of the worst appointments ?

There have been dozens, maybe even a hundred or two s**** appointments.

quite unbelievable you take to heart flak from such s**** as that lot, especially the manu and liverpool "fans" who presumably haven't got the bottle to support their local clubs, if they too are in the Birmingham area.

I didn't say I took it to heart, I said they were taking the piss.

quite unbelievable you take to heart flak from such s**** as that lot, especially the manu and liverpool "fans" who presumably haven't got the bottle to support their local clubs, if they too are in the Birmingham area.

I didn't say I took it to heart, I said they were taking the piss.

a bit like us taking the piss out of manure for losing a european cup semi final last night then ?

There's one born every minute.

They are obviously tossers, and you should just tell them to **** off. Unless of course you really do think they have done better than we have done, and so they have grounds for taking the piss  ;D

(You probably do, as you think decades of selling our best players and fighting relegation to the 3rd division is the same as regularly playing in europe)

Dear me.

a bit like us taking the piss out of manure for losing a european cup semi final last night then ?

They are obviously tossers, and you should just tell them to **** off. Unless of course you really do think they have done better than we have done, and so they have grounds for taking the piss  ;D

(You probably do, as you think decades of selling our best players and fighting relegation to the 3rd division is the same as regularly playing in europe)

Dear me.

Its not like you to make things up, oh hold on a minute.

You've defended the Souness and Roeder appointments in this thread.

you defend the old board, who sold our best players for 30 years, finished in the top 5 once, left the club staring at relegation to the 3rd division, played in front of half full ground which was a rubbish tip, saying they are "just the same" as the current board.

Please tell us where the current board have turned in such a performance during their time in charge of the club ?

You even attempted to produce some daft financial statistic to justify the club selling Waddle, Gazza and Beardsley. Newcastle selling 3 England players, all locally born, and all wanting to leave because the club lacked ambition, was piss poor, and run like Steptoe and Sons scrapyard ?

Or are you going to continue defending the old board, and insisting the current board " are just the same ". Is your head really up your arse and you are so negative about the current board so much you think this ??????

Dear me.

Its not like you to make things up, oh hold on a minute.

Would you like me to post those league positions for the 30 years pre-1992 ? Or are you going to say I have made them up ?

Oh. Would you believe it. Here they are, these positions that you say are "just the same" as the last decade.

The first 10 years after we got promoted in 1965 finished like this

15th, 20th, 10th, 9th, 7th, 12th, 11th, 9th, 15th, 15th

the next 10 read

15th, 5th, 21st, Div2, Div2, Div2, Div2, Div2,Div2, 14th

The next years, up to 1992

11th, 17th, 8th, 20th, Div2, Div2, Div2,

The last 10 seasons

2nd, 13th, 13th, 11th, 11th, 4th, 3rd, 5th, 14th, 7th

Would you like me to post those league positions for the 30 years pre-1992 ? Or are you going to say I have made them up ?

You're itching to post them aren't you, you've threatened to do it twice this week, sad as owt.  bluelaugh.gif

You're itching to post them aren't you, you've threatened to do it twice this week, sad as out.  bluelaugh.gif

owt.

Sorry :(

You're itching to post them aren't you, you've threatened to do it twice this week, sad as out.  bluelaugh.gif

I have.

And the saddest thing of all, is someone who denies they are fact.

I have.

And the saddest thing of all, is someone who denies they are fact.

I would agree denying them would be sad, who did that?

you did. You say the current board are "no different".

Anyone can see the huge difference in performance of the club if you look and compare the positions.

See this.

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=38878.msg794632#msg794632

The surprise is that macbeth didnt' reply to this post. The points are fairly straightforward. Before you start harping on about "defending" anyone, please tell is if this comment taken from teh above post is fact or not.

Do you also think the board are "collectively responsible" for rescuing the club from certain relegation to the old 3rd division, 15000 crowds, selling their best players, being unable to raise money from a share issue even to the amount that we sold Peter Beardsley to Liverpool for, playing in the Champions League, achieving 3 consecutive top 5 league positions for the first time in over 50 years, building a new training facility that previous boards had failed to achieve for almost a century, and expanding and developing the stadium which all the previous boards had also failed to do ?

If you dispute these facts, thus concluding the current board is the same as the old board, please tell us which part of the above is incorrect, thus leading to you making your "opinion".

You never know, macbeth may turn up, as he's already ignored it.

Guest Gemmill

oh dear.

We have said this before Gemma baby, your chums on toontastic have been up to their tricks editing peoples posts again, like they have done before, like they did when they did to other people, including changing their avatars, posting personal information, and peoples photographs. And whats more, you know this to be true.

Quite amazing you are stupid enough to think that one single post among hundreds saying the complete opposite is genuine, but then again, you are stupid, because you backed Souness from day one until the day he left. Even financially, being an accountant that obviously knows your trade.

And whats more, you STILL do, because you STILL think we are better off for selling Craig Bellamy and replacing him with Luque, don't you ?

Nobody edited your post.  You said Souness was a "top boss".  Honestly, I would have more time for you if you just admitted it instead of blaming other people for supposedly altering what you'd written.  You'll note that I'm not trying to claim that anyone edited any of mine.

oh dear.

Nobody edited your post.  You said Souness was a "top boss".  Honestly, I would have more time for you if you just admitted it instead of blaming other people for supposedly altering what you'd written.  You'll note that I'm not trying to claim that anyone edited any of mine.

I'm not arsed Gemma. I'm also not arsed if your chums on toontastic "have more time for me" either. I've said my piece. One post in hundreds which doesn't slate the scottish fuckpig as being the utter arsewipe he is, and you believe it, while being aware that your chums have a history of editing posts, posting personal information and posting peoples photographs.

Says everything really, as does your backing of Souness from start to finish.

WTF has this got to do with my last comment to Mick BTW ?  :idiot2: