The right man is now available Freddy, what do you do?

Guest Knightrider

Guest Knightrider

Before appointing Roeder FS talked about the need to get the right man in this time and despite everything that has went on since, I do believe he tried to get that man - MON - but the Irishman turned us down/played us well and didn't get it, meaning we either way weren't going to get the right man.

So instead of looking at other candidates, the board gave the job to Roeder but tellingly, only on a short deal and with some kind of clause in the deal if rumours are true, which indicates to me that the board are waiting for the right man to come along. Shearer no doubt but we all know he won't take over until things are spot on at the club, until he's had a good break from the game.

Well, the right man is now finally available, Big Sam who resigned today from Bolton Wanderers. A manager we considered to be the right man to replace Sir Bobby only for him to turn us down for whatever reasons. Since then his stature has grown even further and aside from England showing an interest after Sven, a whole host of clubs will no doubt be after him now. Will we be one of them, again?

We should be because he is everything Roeder isn't, i.e. a short-term interim man. That and his skills as a manager which are ideal for NUFC.

Here is a manager out of a job who fits the bill. He has a feel for the area having played for sunderland as a player, he isn't foreign and will not need coaxed/bought out of a job.

Footballing wise there is no-one better at working without a budget, never mind a reduced one which we will be working with for the foreseeable future. He's a tough disciplinarian too and if we are looking to overhaul the setup at St. James' Park as both FS, Roeder and recently Sir John Hall have all indicated is on the cards, then Big Sam's work in those areas can be seen for all at Bolton who despite their size and zero budget (Big Sam has brought in more money than he has spent there and over the course of his 8 years, has spent net zero) are one of the most professional and modern setups in world football at every level.

On the pitch they sit in 6th place in the table and just drew 2-2 at Stamford Bridge, they usually pick up points against the top teams, while putting those alongside them to the sword. In short they are one of the best teams outside of the top 4 and have been so for a few years now.

Given the resources we have at Newcastle and our ability to attract the better calibre of player, with Big Sam in charge, we will have a manager more than capable of taking us back into the top 6 and challenging for the Champions League within a timeframe of 4 years which at current under Roeder and Co seems a million years away. Of that I'm in no doubt. He for me has the potential to be as good as Benitez and can do for Newcastle what he has done for Bolton, but on a bigger scale, not once, but consistently.

If you have any ambition for Newcastle United Freddy, you will do what is needed and remove Roeder, a man you know is not the right man for the job, who was only given it due to that right man not being available or willing to come in the first place. If pride or face is keeping Roeder in a job, put it to oneside for once and do what is right for once - appoint a manager with the skillsets, character and wherewithall to not only stabilize th club but take us back to the levels we once operated at, on and off the pitch.

This is your big chance to make up for the appointments of Souness and Roeder, to go towards undoing all the bad that has been done since Sir Bobby was sacked that you have contributed to.

You won't get many more chances to do that, if any at all.

Guest Knightrider

Going to look a pedantic twat for this but why does this need it's own thread? This is the fifth Allardyce thread in about 2 days.

I like starting threads.

Guest andynufc84

What I like about Allardyce is not only what he does on matchday but also what he does behind the scenes.

By all accounts he employs an excellent network of scouts for the recruitment of players, some of his signings for Bolton have been excellent. Players who cost very little but turn out to be very good, not only that but he has also attracted the likes of Anelka to the Reebok.

He looks to be a very good motivator, getting the best out of his players not only against sides in the top six but teams in the lower half of the table - something that Roeder has struggled with this season.

I'm no expert on Bolton Wanderers but various sources have stated how Sam is very forward thinking when it comes to training methods, players diet, the use of sports psychologists. Anything to to get the best out of his group of players.

Above all he's obviously instilled an excellent team spirit at Bolton and his record speaks for itself. He has worked absoulte wonders and has not only established them in the league but has turned them into a top 6 side.

I think Allardyce is probably just what Newcastle need, he's a big enough character to take the hot seat here and would relish the challenge of taking the job on imo.

He has already said in the past that the Newcastle job was 'the right job at the wrong time'. Surely the time is right now.

Guest BooBoo

I think given that quaility managers are few and far between, Allardyce should be snapped up now. He wont though and will probably end up at Man City, meaning that when Roeder has a bad run in the Autumn and is inevitably sacked, Fat Boy will be looking up the phone numbers of Roy Evans or Lawrie Sanchez.

Guest Martin

I'm sure tomorrow we will be informed that;

"Reports of Sam Allardyce's link to Newcastle United are wide of the mark"

He gets accused of ugly football but you don't get much uglier than what we have put up with this season, at least we'd be ugly and picking up points. But then again a different budget and I think you'll see different kind of buys. Not just the actual cash in getting the players in but the kind of wages that he could offer.

Freddy doesn't read the forum. :razz:

Probably does actually. Looking for some praise to aid that ego of his. Why else would NE5 post here?

even if FS reads forum, and by chance appoints big sam, FS will still be slagged off every minute of the day here..

Before appointing Roeder FS talked about the need to get the right man in this time and despite everything that has went on since, I do believe he tried to get that man - MON - but the Irishman turned us down/played us well and didn't get it, meaning we either way weren't going to get the right man.

So instead of looking at other candidates, the board gave the job to Roeder but tellingly, only on a short deal and with some kind of clause in the deal if rumours are true, which indicates to me that the board are waiting for the right man to come along. Shearer no doubt but we all know he won't take over until things are spot on at the club, until he's had a good break from the game.

Well, the right man is now finally available, Big Sam who resigned today from Bolton Wanderers. A manager we considered to be the right man to replace Sir Bobby only for him to turn us down for whatever reasons. Since then his stature has grown even further and aside from England showing an interest after Sven, a whole host of clubs will no doubt be after him now. Will we be one of them, again?

We should be because he is everything Roeder isn't, i.e. a short-term interim man. That and his skills as a manager which are ideal for NUFC.

Here is a manager out of a job who fits the bill. He has a feel for the area having played for sunderland as a player, he isn't foreign and will not need coaxed/bought out of a job.

Footballing wise there is no-one better at working without a budget, never mind a reduced one which we will be working with for the foreseeable future. He's a tough disciplinarian too and if we are looking to overhaul the setup at St. James' Park as both FS, Roeder and recently Sir John Hall have all indicated is on the cards, then Big Sam's work in those areas can be seen for all at Bolton who despite their size and zero budget (Big Sam has brought in more money than he has spent there and over the course of his 8 years, has spent net zero) are one of the most professional and modern setups in world football at every level.

On the pitch they sit in 6th place in the table and just drew 2-2 at Stamford Bridge, they usually pick up points against the top teams, while putting those alongside them to the sword. In short they are one of the best teams outside of the top 4 and have been so for a few years now.

Given the resources we have at Newcastle and our ability to attract the better calibre of player, with Big Sam in charge, we will have a manager more than capable of taking us back into the top 6 and challenging for the Champions League within a timeframe of 4 years which at current under Roeder and Co seems a million years away. Of that I'm in no doubt. He for me has the potential to be as good as Benitez and can do for Newcastle what he has done for Bolton, but on a bigger scale, not once, but consistently.

If you have any ambition for Newcastle United Freddy, you will do what is needed and remove Roeder, a man you know is not the right man for the job, who was only given it due to that right man not being available or willing to come in the first place. If pride or face is keeping Roeder in a job, put it to oneside for once and do what is right for once - appoint a manager with the skillsets, character and wherewithall to not only stabilize th club but take us back to the levels we once operated at, on and off the pitch.

This is your big chance to make up for the appointments of Souness and Roeder, to go towards undoing all the bad that has been done since Sir Bobby was sacked that you have contributed to.

excellent.

I can hardly disagree as I've wanted him since Bobby Robson went.

Now is the time.

excellent.

Now is the time.

Agreed.

What will your opinion of FS be if he sits on his hands and sticks with Roeder, and Allardyce ends up elsewhere?

excellent.

Now is the time.

Agreed.

What will your opinion of FS be if he sits on his hands and sticks with Roeder, and Allardyce ends up elsewhere?

I'm not sure mate. What will be the opinion of those who wanted O'Neill so badly if he does nowt in particular at Villa ? Especially blokes who said they wanted O'Neill before Allardyce if Allardyce DOES get the job. How do you know that Allardyce hasn't been offered the job before and turned it down because he wanted to stay loyal to Bolton and finish the job there, being his home town club and all of that ?

It would be a shame, as he isn't anywhere near as qualified as Kenny Dalglish was, and Bobby Robson, although we can't attract big name managers.

excellent.

Now is the time.

Agreed.

I'm not sure mate. What will be the opinion of those who wanted O'Neill so badly if he does nowt in particular at Villa ? Especially blokes who said they wanted O'Neill before Allardyce if Allardyce DOES get the job. How do you know that Allardyce hasn't been offered the job before and turned it down because he wanted to stay loyal to Bolton and finish the job there, being his home town club and all of that ?

It would be a shame, as he isn't anywhere near as qualified as Kenny Dalglish was, and Bobby Robson, although we can't attract big name managers.

I can see what you're saying, but I think the vast majority of fans would agree that Allardyce is a better manager than Roeder.......and he's available now.

If FS sticks with Roeder and doesn't go for Allardyce, do you think he will be making a big mistake?

excellent.

Now is the time.

Agreed.

I can see what you're saying, but I think the vast majority of fans would agree that Allardyce is a better manager than Roeder.......and he's available now.

If FS sticks with Roeder and doesn't go for Allardyce, do you think he will be making a big mistake?

oh aye, obviously I do.