The right man is now available Freddy, what do you do?

Guest Knightrider

Guest Gemmill

I was going to say, if #2 is correct (which I've heard from a few people) you can hardly blame Allardyce for walking away.

unfortunately, or fortunately, depending on your point of view. it isn't correct.

Without wanting to pick a fight or anything, this is one subject you have been consistently adamant about - no ifs, buts, maybes, imo etc. May I ask what you are basing this on? I'm obviously not party to any exclusive information either way, but if you are party to any such information, do you care to share?

Not saying i know either way but it seems unlikely. When FS was appointing floor managers or middle managers in his non-football business am sure he wouldnt have got the employees in to do the interview. Makes no sense. That doesnt mean it isnt possible just unlikely imo.

Tbf though that comparison makes no sense either really.  I doubt Shepherd held any of his floor managers or middle managers in the same regard as he does Alan Shearer, a man who he has long said will always have a job at NUFC.

Doesn't seem that far fetched to have the team captain involved in such things. Well not when your captain is Shearer and the team is Newcastle United.

Thats what i thought as well.

Alleged panel of DS Hall, R Cushing, WF Shepherd and A Shearer in his capacity as club captain.

5. Roeder has done a decent job of stabilising a team on the slide but imo isn't up to the task of taking the team any further and should the right man be available we should snap him up. Whether Allardyce is that man is open to debate as the last time i looked Allardyce and Bolton had won as much as we have in the last 37 years.

Allardyce has been there 8 years and his net spend is less than what we paid for Babayaro!

What has he ever won?

What did Shearer win in his career? Did it equal his ability as a player?

He won the Premiership Title with Blackburn.

Is the correct answer.  ;D mackems.gif

So he has less to show than someone like Phil Neville? Yes pissing myself too!

Phil Neville is a very under rated and versatile team player.

Can and has played right across the back 4 and as a holding player in midfield to very good effect.

Different type of player to Shearer, but still a vital cog in a team.

Arguement about winning stuff is about as manager not as player.

My arguement is that Allardyce is touted as being the right man to appoint to acheive success for us when he hasn't acheived success (in terms of trophies) for anyone else and therefore in that respect has no better credentials than Roeder has.

Quite a blinkered view though don't you think? How long was McLaren manager at Middlesborough? He won more trophies in his stint there than SBR did with us. Allardyce has built Bolton into a very good squad who know how to play against the best teams in the league, have great fitness and training programmes and thanks to him are around European qualification places. All without really spending anything. Roeder has got what? 3 team relegated and hasn't been in his jobs long enough to build anything at all. Just because both haven't won anything its stupid to say that makes them the same!

Never said they were both the same, just stating a fact that Allardyce has never won anything and therefore has the same credentials as Roeder who also has never won anything.

Given time and patience to build a team Roeder may prove himself with us (i don't think he'll get time and i don't think he's capable either even if he did) or he may crash and burn, who knows?

Allardyce might come here, be given oodles of cash to spend and waste it on shite and also crash and burn.

No no no no no. Not getting into an arguement on his suitability, but I can't let that slide.

Roeder has been involved in 3 relegations. Sam got Limerick promoted as player/manager, Blackpool to their highest ever position and playoffs, got promotion with Notts County and has taken Bolton from relegation fodder to promotion, and established in the top half of the Premiership with ambitions in Europe.

Forget winning trophies, one seems to habitually do well while the other does almost the opposite. So no, I wouldn't say they were particularly similar at all.

To tell the truth I was asking NE5 - given that I was quoting him and all ;)

I thought this Shearer interview thing was common knowledge. I can see him now with his head slightly lowered and his supressed smile. Sam must have been livid.

5. Roeder has done a decent job of stabilising a team on the slide but imo isn't up to the task of taking the team any further and should the right man be available we should snap him up. Whether Allardyce is that man is open to debate as the last time i looked Allardyce and Bolton had won as much as we have in the last 37 years.

Allardyce has been there 8 years and his net spend is less than what we paid for Babayaro!

What has he ever won?

Can and has played right across the back 4 and as a holding player in midfield to very good effect.

My arguement is that Allardyce is touted as being the right man to appoint to acheive success for us when he hasn't acheived success (in terms of trophies) for anyone else and therefore in that respect has no better credentials than Roeder has.

Quite a blinkered view though don't you think? How long was McLaren manager at Middlesborough? He won more trophies in his stint there than SBR did with us. Allardyce has built Bolton into a very good squad who know how to play against the best teams in the league, have great fitness and training programmes and thanks to him are around European qualification places. All without really spending anything. Roeder has got what? 3 team relegated and hasn't been in his jobs long enough to build anything at all. Just because both haven't won anything its stupid to say that makes them the same!

Never said they were both the same, just stating a fact that Allardyce has never won anything and therefore has the same credentials as Roeder who also has never won anything.

Given time and patience to build a team Roeder may prove himself with us (i don't think he'll get time and i don't think he's capable either even if he did) or he may crash and burn, who knows?

Allardyce might come here, be given oodles of cash to spend and waste it on shite and also crash and burn.

No no no no no. Not getting into an arguement on his suitability, but I can't let that slide.

Roeder has been involved in 3 relegations, Sam got Limerick promoted as player/manager, Blackpool to their highest ever position and playoffs, got promotion with Notts County and taken Bolton from relegation fodder to promotion to the Prem, and established in the top half.

Forget winning trophies, one seems to habitually do well while the other does almost the opposite, so no, not particularly comparable at all.

Managers don't win things teams do. They can only guide and about another 1000 things have to fall into place and the stars have to be correctly aligned. It's silly all this debating about CV's and shit.

Guest graemeh72

Back the man that you gave the job to 50 weeks ago, give him the money that he needs to rebuild a defence and reevaluate at the end of his 24 month contract.

Back the man that you gave the job to 50 weeks ago, give him the money that he needs to rebuild a defence and reevaluate at the end of his 24 month contract.

There isn't a shred of evidence Roeder is even alive never mind a football manager.

What has he ever won?

Roeder has been involved in 3 relegations. Sam got Limerick promoted as player/manager, Blackpool to their highest ever position and playoffs, got promotion with Notts County and has taken Bolton from relegation fodder to promotion, and established in the top half of the Premiership with ambitions in Europe.

Forget winning trophies, one seems to habitually do well while the other does almost the opposite. So no, I wouldn't say they were particularly similar at all.

Managers don't win things teams do. They can only guide and about another 1000 things have to fall into place and the stars have to be correctly aligned. It's silly all this debating about CV's and shit.

Hmmmm, pointless judging managers on their relative successes? Righto.

Astrologically, Alladyce has the Gods on his side, while Roeder clearly has the fates conspiring against him.

I know which I would choose to play the Premiership lottery.

Guest Gemmill

What has he ever won?

Astrologically, Alladyce has the Gods on his side, while Roeder clearly has the fates conspiring against him.

:lol:  Mystic Parky has "Star Sign" on application forms for jobs at his place.

What has he ever won?

:lol:  Mystic Parky has "Star Sign" on application forms for jobs at his place.

:laugh:

Guest Petay

I'm very much behind the Allardyce for the Toon movement.  I think its unfair to say he only plays one way as when Bolton are against teams below or equal to them they did play attractive football at times.  However, we only really see Bolton play against the bigger teams, as, well who the fuck wants to watch Bolton so we get the impression they play in an overly defensive/dull fashion as they are against teams with much better players.  He is a cleaver manger who plays to his strengths as it will have been pointed out a thousand times already.

If he did quit in the belief Man City were going to come knocking, and that's just speculation which is not really adding up, then Freddie should move for him. But I don't have that much faith in FS of late.

And what about this more European flavour mentioned recently, that's gone quiet.

I was going to say, if #2 is correct (which I've heard from a few people) you can hardly blame Allardyce for walking away.

unfortunately, or fortunately, depending on your point of view. it isn't correct.

Without wanting to pick a fight or anything, this is one subject you have been consistently adamant about - no ifs, buts, maybes, imo etc. May I ask what you are basing this on? I'm obviously not party to any exclusive information either way, but if you are party to any such information, do you care to share?

sorry, but no.

Not saying i know either way but it seems unlikely. When FS was appointing floor managers or middle managers in his non-football business am sure he wouldnt have got the employees in to do the interview. Makes no sense. That doesnt mean it isnt possible just unlikely imo.

I'm amazed at the idea that the club may do this, and even more so that Alan Shearer would be dumb enough to not understand the vibes such a thing would cause to a potential managerial candidate that he would do it.