Matchday 44 - Birmingham v Newcastle - 29/04/06 - Post Match

Shearer9

That was a poor performance...

Its really byebye to europe...

I know the brums are fighint for their lives.. but our 1st and 2nd half performance was woeful...

not much better than the 1st against the mackems...

very disappointed... very very disappointed..

Guest Givens Glove

We deserved nothing.

Besides a clear Birmingham penalty, bringing on the likes of Clark and Boumsong rather than Luque when we need nothing less than a win is another black mark against Roeder taking over full time imho.

Luque is clearly in  the bad books for a reason.  I suspect  he's been less than  commited to Newcastle for a while. Would you take such a risk?

We deserved nothing.

Besides a clear Birmingham penalty, bringing on the likes of Clark and Boumsong rather than Luque when we need nothing less than a win is another black mark against Roeder taking over full time imho.

Luque is clearly in the bad books for a reason. I suspect he's been less than commited to Newcastle for a while. Would you take such a risk?

He's more of an attacker than fecking Bramble!

Tough away game today against a side fighting for their lives - I think it will still be enough for Roeder to get manager of the month but probably not enough for Europe. As everyone says even if we finish 8th or whatever our transformation under Roeder has been amazing.

We deserved nothing.

Luque is clearly in  the bad books for a reason.  I suspect  he's been less than  commited to Newcastle for a while. Would you take such a risk?

What, risk putting on a striker for the last ten minutes in a game we have to win?

Christ, I don't give a shit that Roeder might think he has no heart or some such toss, the club comes first.

Guest crantonscracker

I know the brums are fighint for their lives.. but our 1st and 2nd half performance was woeful...

Yes, very disappointing eh. Imagine how much better Souness would have done for us in a match like this.

:roll:

Yes, very disappointing eh. Imagine how much better Souness would have done for us in a match like this.

What has criticism of the teams performance got to do with Souness ffs?

Guest Givens Glove

We deserved nothing.

Luque is clearly in the bad books for a reason. I suspect he's been less than commited to Newcastle for a while. Would you take such a risk?

He's more of an attacker than fecking Bramble!

Last time he was being diffcult,  he didn't try at all.  moody players are no good to us. 

It's clear Roeder has decided he doesnt want Luque in a Toon kit.

Guest Givens Glove

Yer having a laugh  yea!? 

Guest crantonscracker

Because it's people like you with the 'it's the end of the world' attitude that really gets on my tits. I am simply trying to point out that only 8-10 weeks ago we were being dragged down in a relegation battle under the reins of our ex-boss (I daren't mention his name incase it offends).

So, in conclusion, it has a lot to do with our previous manager because I am so grateful for Glenn turning things around for us and a draw in our penultimate game ISN'T the end of the world. The fact that we MAY not qualify for Europe ISN'T the end of the world.

Keeping someone like Souness in charge and us potentially getting relagated because of it - would have been the end of the world.

FFS people, be positive about next season.

Typical of some Newcastle fans, Think Players are bigger than the manager. All this Luque talk is Pathetic.

Yes, I believe Bellamy for instance was more important to the club than Souness. Typical of some Newcastle fans to not see that at the time.

The club is the most important thing, and regarding this game, the club needed a goal to help us get into Europe.

VERY poor game today! - can't point out one newcastle player that played just a little bit well....

and how bramle could miss that last chance, I dont understand - hope he never plays for newcastle again...

Guest crantonscracker

Yer having a laugh yea!?

Aye  bluewink.gif

Guest The Fox

However you dress it up it was a poor performance.

I wont get excited about next season until I know who the Manager is.

If its Roeder I just wont get excited full stop.

Guest Givens Glove

We deserved nothing.

What, risk putting on a striker for the last ten minutes in a game we have to win?

Christ, I don't give a shit that Roeder might think he has no heart or some such toss, the club comes first.

Don't you think I would have prefered three points????

I'll give the man the benefit of the doubt.  Roeder has pulled the fat out of the fire , I won't  act like we been  7th since Dec ffs. 

Because it's people like you with the 'it's the end of the world' attitude that really gets on my tits. I am simply trying to point out that only 8-10 weeks ago we were being dragged down in a relegation battle under the reins of our ex-boss (I daren't mention his name incase it offends).

So, in conclusion, it has a lot to do with our previous manager because I am so grateful for Glenn turning things around for us and a draw in our penultimate game ISN'T the end of the world. The fact that we MAY not qualify for Europe ISN'T the end of the world.

Keeping someone like Souness in charge and us potentially getting relagated because of it - would have been the end of the world.

FFS people, be positive about next season.

Get a grip. I cannot see anything in that post that say's that it is 'the end of the world', just that the performance and the chance of Europe next season slipping away is very, very disappointing. Something I cannot disagree with.

Knee's jerking left, right and centre I see. As I've said, let's just get a bit of perspective here. When Souness left us we were what 14th? and the squad's morale was on the floor. Now, we're upto 6th with a shout of Europe and still some are slagging the team and Roeder off. Staggering. so we're not going to qualify for Europe, so what! I'm just happy we're still in the Premier League. :)

We deserved nothing.

I'll give the man the benefit of the doubt.  Roeder has pulled the fat out of the fire , I won't  act like we been  7th since Dec ffs. 

Well, I'm glad to see you in such fulsome support for the manager and his fat pulling abilities.

I too am gratefull for his role in our recent recovery, but jaysus, I'm not going to let my support for the guy stop me thinking that when we need to score, bringing on Boumsong rather than Luque is a ridiculous decision at best.

Guest Givens Glove

Knee's jerking left, right and centre I see. As I've said, let's just get a bit of perspective here. When Souness left us we were what 14th? and the squad's morale was on the floor. Now, we're upto 6th with a shout of Europe and still some are slagging the team and Roeder off. Staggering. so we're not going to qualify for Europe, so what! I'm just happy we're still in the Premier League. :)

My knee is firmly planted on the ground.  have some faith people .  Surely we dont want to throw the baby out with the bath water  by getting some outsider who's gan to sell half the squad and  run riot with the backroom staff.

And  I'm so chuffed to be where we are.  Thank you Glenn!  Spot on.

Guest Rob_000

We deserved nothing.

Well, I'm glad to see you in such fulsome support for the manager and his fat pulling abilities.

I too am gratefull for his role in our recent recovery, but jaysus, I'm not going to let my support for the guy stop me thinking that when we need to score, bringing on Boumsong rather than Luque is a ridiculous decision at best.

Luque wasn't on the bench anyway so he couldn't have done even if he wanted too, anyway we can bring on Nicky Butt next season seeing as we are now getting the ginger t**t back.

Guest Givens Glove

We deserved nothing.

We'll  agree to disagree  then on this one.    Lukewarm Luque may well have not been any better than Boumsong

Guest The Fox

Nothing knee jerk about criticising a performance.

Seems to me that the people on here defending Roieder are knee jerk reactors, because their case is based on a couple of months results. The years before tell a tale of failure where Roeder in Management is concerned. That is fact.

Good Post.

I just cant understand some of the comments from the past 2 games !!! Fair enough if Roeder aint there first choice but to rip into him everytime we dont play Luque is very sad. I get the feeling that some people would have us lose a few games so they'd have some Ammo!!!

Roeder is the reason we are in 6th place and people need to remember that!!! Very hard to please some people