Matchday 44 - Birmingham v Newcastle - 29/04/06 - Post Match

Shearer9

If my calculations are right we can't finish any lower than 9th or 10th. Now considering we were close to relegation it's not that bad of a finish. Would prefer Europe. If that means Blackburn and Bolton losing all their games, Howay the Lads

Guest Givens Glove

Nothing knee jerk about criticising a performance.

Seems to me that the people on here defending Roieder are knee jerk reactors, because their case is based on a couple of months results. The years before tell a tale of failure where Roeder in Management is concerned. That is fact.

Right , wont disagree that we were weak, but we didn't loose .  Souness would have lost this one . and we would have been lower in the table as well.  Stead of whinging bout Europe we'd be falling on our swords now worried about playin in the Cola . 

For a moment please , look down  from where we come. We could be Mackems or some bottom dwellers sweating 15th . 

Typical of some Newcastle fans, Think Players are bigger than the manager. All this Luque talk is Pathetic.

Agreed, its pathetic that fans are expecting a 10mill player who scored in his last outing to be put on the bench at least ahead of players we know for a fact arent good enough for Premiership football in a must win game against mediocre opposition.

Aint we 6th place? If thats Correct doesnt that warrent a place in Europe??

yes but birmingham have just kicked off

Have they? Playing 2 games in a matter of hours in amazing. Well done them ;)

Guest Givens Glove

Aint we 6th place? If thats Correct doesnt that warrent a place in Europe??

yes but birmingham have just kicked off

Have they? Playing 2 games in a matter of hours in amazing. Well done them ;)

Aye !  Hope  they're knakered  :winking:  :thup:

Guest The Fox

Should be lookin up not down.

Dont forget under Keegan we were top two, under Robson top three/four.

So I dont draw any inspiration from finishing 6th or 7th.

Anybody would have been an improvement after Souness, Roeder has done well, no doubt about that, but there is equally no doubt in my mind that he is not the man to get us back up to the top 3 or 4.

Nobody mentioned Roeder a coupe of months ago, so all this clamour is based on a short period of time.

Just an opinion.

We were very poor today against Birmingham...Nothing positive to take away from the game...

Chopra was CRAP

Pattison was CRAP

Faye was VERY CRAP

Ameobi was SEMI CRAP

Solano was OK

N'Zogbia was OK

The back four were OK especially Bramble he was GOOD...

I know we have a lot of injuires in our middfield but still I can not accept such poor play...

If my calculations are right we can't finish any lower than 9th or 10th. Now considering we were close to relegation it's not that bad of a finish. Would prefer Europe. If that means Blackburn and Bolton losing all their games, Howay the Lads

We werent close to relegation though. We looked like heading into a relegation battle if the results and performances under Souness continued.

We were merely at the bottom of that boat of about 7-8 teams who were stuck in mid table.

The turnaround has been great and unexpected due to the tripe weve seen served under Souness, so thank you Roeder for taking us up the table, but lets not pretend that he performed miracles in taking us from "relegation" to "top 6". In previous seasons, there would have been a much bigger gap between those two poles. Like Everton finishing 4th last season, its just been that type of league this season.

Typical of some Newcastle fans, Think Players are bigger than the manager. All this Luque talk is Pathetic.

Agreed, its pathetic that fans are expecting a 10mill player who scored in his last outing to be put on the bench at least ahead of players we know for a fact arent good enough for Premiership football in a must win game against mediocre opposition.

He's played more games than Chopra and has scored the same and has less assists.

Price shouldnt have anything to do with it!!! If he aint proving himself in Training then he shouldnt get a game. Luque aint Proven in the Premiership yet either

Nothing knee jerk about criticising a performance.

Seems to me that the people on here defending Roieder are knee jerk reactors, because their case is based on a couple of months results. The years before tell a tale of failure where Roeder in Management is concerned. That is fact.

Right , wont disagree that we were weak, but we didn't loose .  Souness would have lost this one . and we would have been lower in the table as well.   Stead of whinging bout Europe we'd be falling on our swords now worried about playin in the Cola . 

For a moment please , look down  from where we come. We could be Mackems or some bottom dwellers sweating 15th . 

I am forever grateful to Shepherd whos firing and hiring has saved us from relegation this season. He can do no wrong now in my eyes. tongue3.gif

How on earth you play Ameobi or Chopra instead of Luque is beyond comprehension...I mean if anyone of you had seen how CRAP Ameobi and Chopra were you would think Andreas Anderson would have done better...

If I need a reason not to want Roeder it is for his decision to stick with Ameobi and Chopra instead of Luque...

How on earth you play Ameobi or Chopra instead of Luque is beyond comprehension...I mean if anyone of you had seen how CRAP Ameobi and Chopra were you would think Andreas Anderson would have done better...

If I need a reason not to want Roeder it is for his decision to stick with Ameobi and Chopra instead of Luque...

Yea and Luque has been a World Beater!!!! FFS

Yea and Luque has been a World Beater!!!! FFS

Well if he had the chance maybe he would have...Ameobi have had his chance for more than 5 years now and he is CRAP FFS...Chopra is CRAP too BTW...

I mean if you can see after 5 years that Ameobi is still crap you must be braindead to still stick with him...

Guest Givens Glove

Should be lookin up not down.

Dont forget under Keegan we were top two, under Robson top three/four.

So I dont draw any inspiration from finishing 6th or 7th.

Anybody would have been an improvement after Souness, Roeder has done well, no doubt about that, but there is equally no doubt in my mind that he is not the man to get us back up to the top 3 or 4.

Nobody mentioned Roeder a coupe of months ago, so all this clamour is based on a short period of time.

Just an opinion.

I'm most definitly looking up as well. Roeder knows whos coming up from the Academy,  who wee ned to buy and who need to sell.  To take some  ammo from the "not Glenn party" ,  two months in the job is not enough to be replacing sombody with  a man likely to sweep the broom , ensuring us yet another unstable season.

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

Bramble and Carr played well but as a team Birmingham were the better side. We surely didnt deserve a win so Im pretty satisfied and we can still make it with lady luck on our side ;)

Roeder achievements should not be measured agaimst those of Souness. All that does is flatter him. After sacking GS people on this site wanted a top flight PROVEN manager, experienced in europe etc,etc. Roeder does not fit that criteria.

Guest Amanda

I thought we would have beaten birmingham, not easily but won nonetheless.  They are a poor side, now relegated.  Bye bye Europe, the very slim chance that we had, gone now.  Given saved us again. 

I thought we would have beaten birmingham, not easily but won nonetheless.   They are a poor side, now relegated.   Bye bye Europe, the very slim chance that we had, gone now.   Given saved us again. 

Listen love, 3 months ago we were staring down the barrel of relegation. We couldn't score, let alone win a game. Now, because of Roeder et al we are guaranteed top half and maybe a possibility of Europe via Intertoto. You can keep your 'Bye bye Europe' comments and wake up. They're not needed or welcome.  :|

I don't think we can be TOO annoyed at todays result.  We've won 5 in a row,  and maybe got a bit too used to winning.

We were still without Shearer,  Owen (for the most part), Dyer, Parker, Emre, Bowyer and Taylor.  Thats a fair few missing,  and when you think just how much this meant to Birmingham,  a draw isn't the end of the world...

Guest toonelaide

I don't think we can be TOO annoyed at todays result. We've won 5 in a row, and maybe got a bit too used to winning.

We were still without Shearer, Owen (for the most part), Dyer, Parker, Emre, Bowyer and Taylor. Thats a fair few missing, and when you think just how much this meant to Birmingham, a draw isn't the end of the world...

I agree with that. Not a bad result, just not what we all hoped for. That's the nature of competition.