Dyer Captain

Crumpy Gunt

This has just brought something else up. Just after kick-off for the second-half, the commentator mentioned how before the game he was asking a member of the Newcastle staff had Dyer ever been captain before, he said, "Yes". When asked when, he simply replied, "we don't know".

Sums us up don't you think? Not just naming him captain, but not even knowing when it was he was captain. For what it's worth, I'd have Harper, Carr, Solano, Taylor & Owen as captain before even considering Dyer.

Guest toonbaz

our so called captain couldn't even be bothered to applaud the fans at the end, shocking behaviour.

taylor was the only one that made any effort at full time to acknowledge the fans. pisses me right off that!

Guest Ridzuan

our so called captain couldn't even be bothered to applaud the fans at the end, shocking behaviour.

taylor was the only one that made any effort at full time to acknowledge the fans. pisses me right off that!

I thought Owen also did the same too as Taylor.Anyway back to the topic,as much as I like Dyer as a player,I dont think he is a captain material.The role should be given to Sibierski instead I think.

Dyer was genuinely the last player I would have chosen to be captain.

Really pissed me off to see him with the armband on.

Nah, if you're going in order from the XI out there last night, I'd put...

Solano

Harper

Carr

Taylor

Owen

Emre

Sibierski

Dyer

Bramble

Milner

Martins

Guest teepee

as htt says - why wasn't it owen, taylor or nobby?

dyer's shite performance aside, he is not at captain-type player anyway.

disgrace....

Dyer was genuinely the last player I would have chosen to be captain.

Really pissed me off to see him with the armband on.

Nah, if you're going in order from the XI out there last night, I'd put...

Solano

Harper

Carr

Taylor

Owen

Emre

Sibierski

Dyer

Bramble

Milner

Martins

I'd sooner see Milner or Martins captain the side than Dyer.  Bramble is a tough one, I nearly wrote "2nd last" in the original post but, TBH, the big lumbering clown has never taken the piss out of the captaincy before (and, you never know, the tightness of the band might have served to keep his concentration up or just plain inspired a competent performance).

Guest steppa

Dyer was a fcuking disgrace last night. Hand on my heart, I truly believe that he deliberately had a shocker to cement his move away. I hope he succeeds. The contempt he shows the club is alarming and the failure to recognise this by the top brass is even more so.

Kieron, if you're by any chance reading this, pick up your coat, head to the exit, and don't  darken oor fcuking door again you cnut!

Guest Craig1892

One of the worst performances I've seen by anyone this season. Shows the club no respect whats so ever. Should never have played never mind been captain.

If your reading this Martin Jol, he's class, please come and get him. £5 million? Cheers.

Guest derek sausage

Dyer has been so piss poor for us I'd be happy to see him go for nothing just to get him of the wage bill.

Mind you, I cant see too many teams prepared to meet his obsene salary.

This has just brought something else up. Just after kick-off for the second-half, the commentator mentioned how before the game he was asking a member of the Newcastle staff had Dyer ever been captain before, he said, "Yes". When asked when, he simply replied, "we don't know".

Sums us up don't you think? Not just naming him captain, but not even knowing when it was he was captain. For what it's worth, I'd have Harper, Carr, Solano, Taylor & Owen as captain before even considering Dyer.

I was discussing it today and said those.  Even milner. Young, but more deserving i think - and sib.

Kieron Dyer is a good Prem player,and a squad member for the last 4 England managers so his ability is unquestionable.However,his last few performances have been abysmal,and tbh he hasnt performed for us consistently since 2001-2002.He should never have been anywhere near the captaincy after the utter disrespect he showed for it and the club and then manager.I believe we should cash in on him now if we can get 5 mill for him.

I hate Kieron Dyer more than anyone, he's a fucking cunt. That performance last night was a disgrace to the shirt and the armband. Lazy, overpaid twat.

:)

I let boss down

May 2 2007

By Luke Edwards, The Journal

Kieron Dyer believes manager Glenn Roeder has shown he wants to keep him at Newcastle United by making him captain for the game at Reading on Monday night.

But the England international feels his performance did not do his manager justice as he insisted he had to take much of the blame for the 1-0 defeat. Dyer has been linked with a move to Tottenham in the last few days and, while the north London club do appear to be interested in signing him in the summer, the midfielder feels Roeder wants to keep him.

"There has been a lot of speculation about my future recently and of course I've seen it," said Dyer, who was captain in the absence of Scott Parker, Shay Given and Nicky Butt at the Madejski Stadium. "I've not heard anything, but I think the fact the manager gave me the captain's armband on Monday night shows he wants me to have a future at this club.

"I think it was his way of showing me that he wants me to stay. It's just a shame I didn't have a very good game.

"As for the Tottenham rumours, I've got nothing more to say about it." Dyer was just one of several Newcastle players to under-perform once again against Reading as the 1-0 defeat ended the club's slim chance of qualifying for the Intertoto Cup for a second successive season.

And the 28-year-old admitted he had to take a large amount of responsibility for Dave Kitson's second-half winner after he lost the ball in a dangerous position in the centre of midfield.

He said: "We've only got ourselves to blame and I have to take my share of that because their goal was down to me because I got caught dwelling on the ball. It wasn't a good captain's performance because I cost us the game. It was a miserable day.

"Reading is a hard place to go, but they didn't really create that much until I gave them that chance.

"We created chances, but we didn't take them. We have to do that if we're going to get results."

The return of the club's record signing, Michael Owen, was United's only real cause for optimism on Monday night as the former Real Madrid and Liverpool star looked quick and strong in his first start for the Magpies since New Year's Eve 2005.

While Dyer - like everyone at Newcastle - is thrilled to see him back, he also warned that they could not simply rely on him to put things right on his own as Newcastle failed to score for the eighth time in 11 games against the Royals.

Dyer added: "The one bonus was Michael getting a full 90 minutes. He looked strong and sharp, but it's going to take him a few games and we're not going to see the best of Michael Owen until next season.

"It will have done him good to get 90 minutes under his belt and you can already see what he will bring to the team because he was always playing off the shoulder of the last defender.

"He had a couple of borderline offside decisions which, on an other day, might have gone our way.

"But, while it's great to have Michael back, we can't expect him to work miracles. He is going to take a bit of time to get back to his best and it's up to the rest of us to help him. He can't do it all on his own."

Nothing more to say on the Spurs rumours, excellent way of quashing them then.

I think he meant nothing more to say on it after what Roeder had said, It looks more like he has been worried about the club wanting shot of him and not a case of him wanting away like had been suggested on here.

I think he meant nothing more to say on it after what Roeder had said, It looks more like he has been worried about the club wanting shot of him and not a case of him wanting away like had been suggested on here.

Why would we want shot of him man? I mean he gives so much to the team.

He probably read the fkn s**** on here and believed it. :D

He probably read the fkn s**** on here and believed it. :D

All that shite abotu him being a great player? Christ, i hope he didn't believe that, the diseased little cunt.

One of the worst performances I've seen by anyone this season. Shows the club no respect whats so ever. Should never have played never mind been captain.

If your reading this Martin Jol, he's class, please come and get him. £5 million? Cheers.

No smoke without fire.................. :(

Personally, I think there's too many obstacles with fee and salary for it ever to happen. :D