Barton at it again.

Sparks

Wille McKay talking about if Barton will be at Man City: I don't know who is going to be there. Joey has got a contract at Man City and he has given one million per cent on the pitch.

Maybe if some our players gave one million per cent effort on the pitch we would be above Blackburn. I used to think players who gave 101% 105%, 110% 120% & the 200 per cent club were doing well but the bar has been raised again.

On a Citeh forum, a fella at the training ground said:

"he fvcked up dabo, headlock twatted him loads til he was out cold, blood everywhere :("

Pretty well what the good doc said, maybe he was there?

No, I said that because I read that thread too. The person who posted that originally was not at the training ground as far as I know, but a good friend of Micah Richards (Richards used to lodge with his family while he was in the academy). He gets loads of good info from him altho he has to be pretty hushed up about most of it because everyone knows what his HP is, but he posted that Barton's city career was over before this news broke... the rumours that he had done in Dabo came seperately which this poster then confirmed with that post. I believe it to be true, and I gather some of the papers this morning have ran with a similar story. Obviously the end of Barton at City, and probably knocked off half his value when we sell him in the summer. The daft cunt. >:(

"he fvcked up dabo, headlock twatted him loads til he was out cold, blood everywhere :("

No, I said that because I read that thread too. The person who posted that originally was not at the training ground as far as I know, but a good friend of Micah Richards (Richards used to lodge with his family while he was in the academy). He gets loads of good info from him altho he has to be pretty hushed up about most of it because everyone knows what his HP is, but he posted that Barton's city career was over before this news broke... the rumours that he had done in Dabo came seperately which this poster then confirmed with that post. I believe it to be true, and I gather some of the papers this morning have ran with a similar story. Obviously the end of Barton at City, and probably knocked off half his value when we sell him in the summer. The daft c***. >:(

You're probably right, but who honestly would want to buy him?  Jol is a keen admirer of his footballing ability and has asked about getting him signed before, about the time of the £5.5m clause was first mentioned, but Levy and Comolli were dead against it.  Jol has raised the subject again today with Levy (Comolli is in France), Levy's going to talk to DC but I don't reckon they will want to know again, even if the price was halved.

No, I said that because I read that thread too. The person who posted that originally was not at the training ground as far as I know, but a good friend of Micah Richards (Richards used to lodge with his family while he was in the academy). He gets loads of good info from him altho he has to be pretty hushed up about most of it because everyone knows what his HP is, but he posted that Barton's city career was over before this news broke... the rumours that he had done in Dabo came seperately which this poster then confirmed with that post. I believe it to be true, and I gather some of the papers this morning have ran with a similar story. Obviously the end of Barton at City, and probably knocked off half his value when we sell him in the summer. The daft c***. >:(

You're probably right, but who honestly would want to buy him?  Jol is a keen admirer of his footballing ability and has asked about getting him signed before, about the time of the £5.5m clause was first mentioned, but Levy and Comolli were dead against it.  Jol has raised the subject again today with Levy (Comolli is in France), Levy's going to talk to DC but I don't reckon they will want to know again, even if the price was halved.

It sounds like you're following these guys around  :icon_biggrin:

Wille McKay talking about if Barton will be at Man City: I don't know who is going to be there. Joey has got a contract at Man City and he has given one million per cent on the pitch.

Maybe if some our players gave one million per cent effort on the pitch we would be above Blackburn. I used to think players who gave 101% 105%, 110% 120% & the 200 per cent club were doing well but the bar has been raised again.

I know, they say last year's 110% is this year's 1000000%. Sounds like even effort levels cannot escape  the rising inflation rates.

If Barton goes for cheap, hell end up here imo, probably with Emre being shipped out or if Sidwell chooses someone else. We'll wait till things die down a bit and Barton shows some remorse, making sure he knows hes lucky to be here and letting the fans know that that part of his life is behind him and that weve signed a good player.

Like the Bowyer and Woodgate signings, the club will believe that it can change the players' fortunes despite them being in hot water at the time, and will hope that the controversy will blow over after a while. And rightfully so, without that self belief we may as well not bother trying to win anything - unlike the likes of ManU, weve got little choice but to take gambles on talented players who better clubs wont want to touch because of attitude or indiscipline. The likes of Sidwell and Parker are good players, but theyre not as talented as Barton, and if we feel we can add that talent to our team whilst helping a player to control his "dark" side, then thats what we should do.

Essentially though, we need a good manager to keep a player like Barton in line. Hes a thug, hes a prick, hes arrogant, etc, but if theres a chance of him regretting what hes done, maybe not now but later on down the line, then its worth taking a chance on him, despicable as he may be. Assuming this is all true.

I'd take him for £3m, but not under GR as he'd take the piss out of him.

I think his next club Barton wont take the piss out of quite so much either, he gets away with murder at City, and he always pushes them as he's not arsed about leaving due to the crap football and poor league positions he's suffered in the last few seasons.

Big Sam would give him a shake.  :thup:

Guest Gemmill

I still have a bit of time for Barton for the supposed incident for England where Lampard got up and moved tables when Barton sat down and Barton shouted "Don't worry, I'm not going to steal your lunch, you fat twat!" after him. :lol:

Guest Reading Fan

No one wants Barton in their team or club.

When we lose Sidwell, the last person I would want replacing him would be Barton. Even if we could afford him and even if he would wanna even come to us.

I reckon Harry Redknapp would take him on though. If Big Sam was still at Bolton he would probably be after his signature as well and could probably have got it. Actually, Bolton probably is where Barton will end up. I don't think Moyes should touch him. He has a good team spirit going right now at Everton. He wouldn't wanna bring Barton in to mess all of that up.

No one wants Barton in their team or club.

When we lose Sidwell, the last person I would want replacing him would be Barton. Even if we could afford him and even if he would wanna even come to us.

I reckon Harry Redknapp would take him on though. If Big Sam was still at Bolton he would probably be after his signature as well and could probably have got it. Actually, Bolton probably is where Barton will end up. I don't think Moyes should touch him. He has a good team spirit going right now at Everton. He wouldn't wanna bring Barton in to mess all of that up.

Maybe Rangers or Celtic, if they could afford his wages

Guest Reading Fan

If Barton goes for cheap, hell end up here imo, probably with Emre being shipped out or if Sidwell chooses someone else. We'll wait till things die down a bit and Barton shows some remorse, making sure he knows hes lucky to be here and letting the fans know that that part of his life is behind him and that weve signed a good player.

Like the Bowyer and Woodgate signings, the club will believe that it can change the players' fortunes despite them being in hot water at the time, and will hope that the controversy will blow over after a while. And rightfully so, without that self belief we may as well not bother trying to win anything - unlike the likes of ManU, weve got little choice but to take gambles on talented players who better clubs wont want to touch because of attitude or indiscipline. The likes of Sidwell and Parker are good players, but theyre not as talented as Barton, and if we feel we can add that talent to our team whilst helping a player to control his "dark" side, then thats what we should do.

Essentially though, we need a good manager to keep a player like Barton in line. Hes a thug, hes a prick, hes arrogant, etc, but if theres a chance of him regretting what hes done, maybe not now but later on down the line, then its worth taking a chance on him, despicable as he may be. Assuming this is all true.

Sidwell won't choose anyone else. He would love to play for Newcastle. Newcastle is about the only club I can accept Sidwell leaving us to join. Teams like Villa, Man City & Middlesbrough are sh*te. It would be annoying if he joined one of them.

But Newcastle is a great club. I can accept him leaving us to join Newcastle, who wouldn't wanna play for Newcastle? No one would wanna play for Roeder but everyone would wanna play for Newcastle.

Guest brewer

Another reminder of why I never want him to play for us

That, and Manny, Cahill and Arteta all being better than him.

Guest Darth Toon

Sidwell won't choose anyone else. He would love to play for Newcastle. Newcastle is about the only club I can accept Sidwell leaving us to join. Teams like Villa, Man City & Middlesbrough are sh*te. It would be annoying if he joined one of them.

But Newcastle is a great club. I can accept him leaving us to join Newcastle, who wouldn't wanna play for Newcastle? No one would wanna play for Roeder but everyone would wanna play for Newcastle.

Am I the only one who can't figure out if this guy it taking the piss or not??

Guest Reading Fan

:D ;D ;D ;D

I am not taking the mick........ I can understand why you think that I might have been because I have been a little bit overly complimentary about the Toon. But, I think I'm saying it as it is.

I would hope that Sidwell wants to leave Reading to further his ambitions and he is not looking to leave us only for the money. Therefore, if he joined any of the big 4 teams, I wouldn't mind. Realistically though none of them would have him because he is not as good as Gerrard, Scholes, Lampard, Fabregas etc. Sidwell is not a top 4 midfielder.

I would be annoyed if he went to the likes of Citeh, Villa, Middlesborough, Everton etc. Because that would look like he is only interested in cash.

Therefore, the only club that Sidwell can realistically join and that Reading fans won't mind so much is Newcastle. Because you can't dispute that Newcastle is a massive club and by joining the Toon it would greatly enhance Sidwells England credentials. Going anywhere else wouldn't and it would look like he is only wanting money. Alot of Reading fans are suspicious that Sid is being a greedy boy. Therefore I want him to go to Newcastle because Newcastle is a massive club.

When Reading expand the Madejski to 40,000 - Our ground will be as big as Boro, Everton, Villa and nearly as big as City. But one club who is simply massive is Newcastle.

The biggest clubs in England are United, Liverpool, Arsenal & Newcastle. I don't think Chelsea is that big really.

Plus, even though we lost, my favourite away trip all season was to St James Park. It is the best away venue in the country. No where is better than St James. The place looked even more spectacular than Old Trafford. Maybe because we were about a mile up into the skies and the high heavens but a full St James park is really spectacular. Town Centre ground, loads of bars/pubs - Massive support - Just a great place.

United based in Salford just didn't do it for me. There were more United fans in the services going up the M40 than Reading fans..... The whole place didn't look genuine. Full of glory hunters. Chelsea is full of plastics. Arsenal are full of well off Londoners. For me the biggest proper/genuine football club in England is Newcastle.

Londons biggest proper club is West Ham then Spurs. I like proper football clubs with proper fans and thats what Newcastle is.

I am not taking the mick........ I can understand why you think that I might have been because I have been a little bit overly complimentary about the Toon. But, I think I'm saying it as it is.

I would hope that Sidwell wants to leave Reading to further his ambitions and he is not looking to leave us only for the money. Therefore, if he joined any of the big 4 teams, I wouldn't mind. Realistically though none of them would have him because he is not as good as Gerrard, Scholes, Lampard, Fabregas etc. Sidwell is not a top 4 midfielder.

I would be annoyed if he went to the likes of Citeh, Villa, Middlesborough, Everton etc. Because that would look like he is only interested in cash.

Therefore, the only club that Sidwell can realistically join and that Reading fans won't mind so much is Newcastle. Because you can't dispute that Newcastle is a massive club and by joining the Toon it would greatly enhance Sidwells England credentials. Going anywhere else wouldn't and it would look like he is only wanting money. Alot of Reading fans are suspicious that Sid is being a greedy boy. Therefore I want him to go to Newcastle because Newcastle is a massive club.

When Reading expand the Madejski to 40,000 - Our ground will be as big as Boro, Everton, Villa and nearly as big as City. But one club who is simply massive is Newcastle.

The biggest clubs in England are United, Liverpool, Arsenal & Newcastle. I don't think Chelsea is that big really.

Plus, even though we lost, my favourite away trip all season was to St James Park. It is the best away venue in the country. No where is better than St James. The place looked even more spectacular than Old Trafford. Maybe because we were about a mile up into the skies and the high heavens but a full St James park is really spectacular. Town Centre ground, loads of bars/pubs - Massive support - Just a great place.

United based in Salford just didn't do it for me. There were more United fans in the services going up the M40 than Reading fans..... The whole place didn't look genuine. Full of glory hunters. Chelsea is full of plastics. Arsenal are full of well off Londoners. For me the biggest proper/genuine football club in England is Newcastle.

Londons biggest proper club is West Ham then Spurs. I like proper football clubs with proper fans and thats what Newcastle is.

I honestly think you like our club more than we do right now!  :lol:

Guest Reading Fan

I honestly think you like our club more than we do right now!  :lol:

I'm convinced that as soon as you get rid of Roeder the good times could be back. Your chairman is ready to spend the money. He has spent millions in the past on the likes of Shearer and Owen. I don't think you can seriously expect more backing than what he has given you already. You just have a useless manager. Show me another chairman apart from the obvious one at Chelski who has spent more than Newcastle. I think you have a committed chairman who has made some bad managerial appointments. But getting the right manager in is more about luck than anything else.

I think its clear that Roeder won't be successful as his track record clearly demonstrates. Just kick him out, appoint someone good and you will have to take a chance on that because its impossible to predict which manager will do a good job for the Toon. I can't think of one manager who would be a nailed on success for Newcastle that you can easily get. I'm sure Wenger, Fergie & Mourinho would do well at Newcastle but realistically you can't get them.

If Newcastle want to take a calculated risk, why not appoint Sven. Its a controversial choice but Sven is probably a better club manager than International manager. He has a brlliant track record at club level. I think he might be the right man for the job. Choose him. If Coppell could take the pressure of a big club then he is the best manager you could get, but I don't know whether Coppell can handle big name players. He prefers managing unknown, high potential youngsters like Doyle, Sidwell, Harper, Shorey etc. He did it at Palace too, so he probably isn't gonna appreciate dealing with the likes of Dyer and Emre and some of your other big name charlies!

Guest Gemmill

Not sure about this talk of all the money you think we're going to be splashing.  Our most recent financial results are a shambles.