Tonight's Chronicle stories.

Optimistic Nut

Guest SLK

If we sell Oba I will do my nutt, fred will not be safe unless he fks off to the moon to live....

So if Martins went for £15m, then the next week, in came Bridge, Crouch, Distin & Campbell for the same price, you'd do your nut?

Yes because that would suggest we do not have £15 mill to spend without selling a player.

Buy all of the above for £15 mill and keep Martins I would be very happy indeed. Sell Luque and let Carroll go out on loan, but most of all KEEP MARTINS!!

How can you buy all those players for 15 million ?

So you would rather have Shola on the bench or Carroll?

I think if we want to win anything we need 3 decent strikers, Owen, Martins and Crouch would be great and then keeping Shola.

If we only have Owen and Crocuh then what do we do when hit with injuries?

If we sell Oba I will do my nutt, fred will not be safe unless he fks off to the moon to live....

So if Martins went for £15m, then the next week, in came Bridge, Crouch, Distin & Campbell for the same price, you'd do your nut?

Yes because that would suggest we do not have £15 mill to spend without selling a player.

Buy all of the above for £15 mill and keep Martins I would be very happy indeed. Sell Luque and let Carroll go out on loan, but most of all KEEP MARTINS!!

How can you buy all those players for 15 million ?

Well two are on Frees, and I doubt Crouch & Bridge would be a lot more than £10m & £5m each.

So you would rather have Shola on the bench or Carroll?

I think if we want to win anything we need 3 decent strikers, Owen, Martins and Crouch would be great and then keeping Shola.

If we only have Owen and Crocuh then what do we do when hit with injuries?

You'd do what we did if we didn't have Crouch...or sign a cheaper quick striker. Lad at Liverpool going in the summer available for around £5-6m. ;)

No need to sell Oba. He's been one of our best this season and he'll only get better.

I agree, it'd be arguably a very good deal if we got four good players in, in exchange - but do you really think that will happen given our recent transfer misfortunes? Selling Martins could potentially be catastrophic, from both an on-the-field point of view and a squad point of view.

Defo agree that selling Martins would move this club in the wrong direction.  We'd have been toast by now if it wasn't for him, and I'm not totally convinced that the rest of our strikers stay healthy all next season.  Keeping Martins is key.

I have noticed since Roeder now fancies Campbell, Alan Oliver no longer mentions him being too old, he is now classed as experienced. Like the bit when he writes "I always felt that one of the reasons United did not go for Campbell last season was because he would have taken some persuading to head so far north." Does anyone remember this s*** being written at the time? AO backed what Roeder said at the time: One defender United had looked at but decided against was Sol Campbell, who joined Portsmouth on a free transfer from Arsenal this summer. Roeder explained the decision was based largely on the centre-back's poor recent fitness record. "Sol Campbell cropped up in conversations," he admitted. "We looked at his record over the last couple of seasons and were surprised to find he'd only started 36 games in the last two seasons."

I also love the spin he puts on the Ramage link to Wolves. "While a loan stint in the Championship might benefit Peter Ramage". Fecking hell man he's coming up to 24-25, it's not like he's an 18-19 year-old who needs to go out on loan to get some first-team experience! Is there a law which forbids Oliver calling Geordie players sh*te?

Guest nufc_geordie

also from the chronicle, roeder explains why dyer was made captain.

Roeder said today: "I made Kieron Dyer captain for purely motivational reasons, and when I told him his eyes lit up and it was a special moment for him.

"I thought he carried off the responsibility of being captain very well, even though a couple of vital aspects of the game went against him.

Every aspect of his game went against him, he was a joke and put no effort in!

Guest Gemmill

Luque has agreed a one-year loan deal with PSV. Oliver's latest "bombshell", is that Sol Campbell's girlfriend lives up here and it was Campbell who spoke to Newcastle last week enquiring about a move, and not us asking him.

:lol:  "Glenn, I've noticed that you can't buy a win and are languishing in the bottom half of the Premiership.  Any chance of me coming to play for you?  Supporter unrest is my favourite."

Luque has agreed a one-year loan deal with PSV. Oliver's latest "bombshell", is that Sol Campbell's girlfriend lives up here and it was Campbell who spoke to Newcastle last week enquiring about a move, and not us asking him.

Fucking hell.  Might as well have flushed £9.5m down the toilet  :(

:lol:  "Glenn, I've noticed that you can't buy a win and are languishing in the bottom half of the Premiership.  Any chance of me coming to play for you?  Supporter unrest is my favourite."

Hahaha!! :lol: