Pav, Beardo and Taylor talk in tonight

Guest smoggeordie

Guest smoggeordie

Great craic, really enjoyed it.

Although when Taylor was asked if he'd leave Newcastle he said "we'll see, but i'm happy here". 

Expects knee jerk tasticness

Guest smoggeordie

Nah, you had to write your questions on a piece of paper so Radio Newc could filoter out the difficult ones. Basically said how gutted he was that Woodgate went to boro and how he thinks Sol Campbell is "unbelievable".

Guest sicko2ndbest

There must have been some rumours flying about, about big Sam.

What were the highlights

I was going to go then herd of the filtering out system.

I wanted to ask Pedro: "Terry Mac slammed you & to a lesser extent Kenny Wharton for the handling of his kid Neale when he was in our youth setup, word is you are no longer part of the youth setup & are nowadays  just a PR  face for the club, do you think Terry Mac got his revenge?"

I was going to go then herd of the filtering out system.

Can understand it, but sounds a bit naff.

NSG, any chance they over-filtered and there wasn't a trace of 'juicy stuff'?

Guest smoggeordie

Nowt really juicy. Pedro seemed certain we've got Sidwell and Distin in the bag and that Glenn will be here next season. Taylor said that he was delighted the mackems were up because the best moment of his career so far was beating them and seeing their faces look like "they had been smacked by a cows arse" as they walked off the pitch :lol:

Pedro seemed certain we've got Sidwell and Distin in the bag and that Glenn will be here next season.

I herd a while back that Glen didnt speak to Pedro for 3 months earlier this year, deadlock was broke when Peter asked for a meeting. Was unable to get any more info about why Roeder stopped speaking to him  but  again I mention the name Terry Mac

Guest smoggeordie

Nowt really juicy. Pedro seemed certain we've got Sidwell and Distin in the bag and that Glenn will be here next season.

What he say?

"I hear Sidwell and Distin are in the bag"

Hope that is true about Distin and Sidwell. From what i've read, NSG wouldn't make up something like this. If Beardo is pretty sure about Distin and Sidwell then so am i.

Guest smoggeordie

Hope that is true about Distin and Sidwell. From what i've read, NSG wouldn't make up something like this. If Beardo is pretty sure about Distin and Sidwell then so am i.

I dunno like, I tend to lie an awful lot  ;)

Beardsley said to somone on toontastic last week that they were both as good as done deals.

Well, would definitely be chuffed with those two. And tbh - if this is all true, "they're done deals" - then Roeder deserves credit for tieing these up so quickly. Will be great going into the very beginning of pre-season with atleast two new arrivals.

But then, categorically this is still just speculation.

Nowt really juicy. Pedro seemed certain we've got Sidwell and Distin in the bag and that Glenn will be here next season.

What he say?

Sorry, i'm being a moose. :lol:  But what exactly was that in reply to?

Just wanting a bit of clarification, that's all. ;)

Guest smoggeordie

What he say?

Sorry, i'm being a moose. :lol:  But what exactly was that in reply to?

Just wanting a bit of clarification, that's all. ;)

"Any news on who we're signing?"

:lol:

If Oliver says tomorrow that either of these deals are "wide of the mark" I'm going to kill him.

Distin is better than what we have but still makes the odd error. Having said that I can't claim to have seen that much of him this season, I'll hunt for Dr. Spectrum's opinion in a second, it's bound to be on here somewhere. He's also got a good 5 years+ experience in the Premiership now so that's good.

Sidwell I'm still very undecided about. Suppose it depends how we use him and in what system but I don't see him being any better than what we have.

Is distin over 30? No!

Does he have a big CV? No!

Is Distin younger than 26? No!

You have to wonder about Roeder if this is true.

A tad worrying ...

Although I wouldn't be adverse to Disitn, it doesn't match up with what Roeder has been saying. Maybe he has been attempting to throw a smokescreen.

Nowt really juicy. Pedro seemed certain we've got Sidwell and Distin in the bag and that Glenn will be here next season. Taylor said that he was delighted the mackems were up because the best moment of his career so far was beating them and seeing their faces look like "they had been smacked by a cows arse" as they walked off the pitch :lol:

No one asked why we aren't going for Tal Ben Haim??