Newcastle 0 - 2 Blackburn Rovers - Post Match Thoughts

James

as cover, i'd not keep shambles or damage. i'd keep the kids, buy two central defenders if possible, then we have 3 first teamers, i.e. one on the bench. and edgar etc as bench cover if needed, and continue their development.

to keep shambles would be to accept that its ok to be shite, as long as you can fool people into thinking slow and shit is good enough.

That could work, aslong as we don`t have horrific injuries again.  I just think that the kids this year are worse cover than Bramble.  Maybe next 09/10 season they will be ready after a loan spell getting experience at either championship football all season or loan to a newly promoted club.  I have learnt that if you don`t hit the ground running at NUFC you get your confidence shot for the rest of your career. I`m worried that could happen to Edgar and Hunty if needed too much next year.

that would mean injuries to two of the 3 proper centre backs. in that case, i'd rather trust the kids than shambles. at least they are developing.

Fair play thats your opinion. Now for some facts below

Bramble-Taylor played 13 games together as CB's and we lost only 1(against AZ) Taken before Bramble was scapegoated

Taylor-Bramble=9 goals in 13 games

Ramage-Taylor=18 goals in 10 games     Not top four games

Taylor-Hunty=7 goals in 3 games             Not top 4 games

A terrible game by all acounts. Also, what the hell was going on with the way they had cut the grass?!! Even that was complete shit. With lines here and there then a big patch of green along the goal area, then a couple more lines before the end?? wtf? :lol:

What's terrifying about yesterday is, we could really have lost that game 4 or 5-0.  And it would have been totally deserved.

And that was against a shit team, not Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal or Liverpool.

so now shambles is good enough?

fundamentally, he has to go. he is a terrible defender, and is nowhere near good enough for us if we intend to be a top 6 team again.

Its amazing that you still have to repeat this, its been blindingly obvious for years but some folk just won't open their eyes!

What's terrifying about yesterday is, we could really have lost that game 4 or 5-0.  And it would have been totally deserved.

At least one of their 'offside goals' was on apparently.

fundamentally, he has to go. he is a terrible defender, and is nowhere near good enough for us if we intend to be a top 6 team again.

Its amazing that you still have to repeat this, its been blindingly obvious for years but some folk just won't open their eyes!

all you get is ' he has potential/played well twice last season/passed the ball well once/yadda yadda'

amazing.

Thats not my point. My point is he is better than any other defender at the club apart from Taylor`s last few games. Now it seems stupid to me to let him go and keep the rest.  If we are replacing the whole defence, back up included then fine.

Stay blind to the facts I posted above if it helps you but to me its obvious. Its like replacing Martins before you replace Ameobi.